New to Cathe-what level am I?

nsaeolian

Cathlete
Nancy S.;-) Hi there. I am new to cathe and her DVDs. I am not sure if I should concentrate on buying her Beginner/Intermediate DVDs or if I am ready for the Advanced. I have been doing the Firm for three months now, and with them,I use 10 lb dumbbells for my heavy weight, 8 lbs for medium and 5 or 3 for light, according to the exercise. Which level do you think I should be?

Hi Nancy...obviously not Cathe here...
I would say any of the weight lifting vid's would be fine. Just start at a weight that is challenging for you. You might want to try some of the pre-mixes (if you buy DVD) first as these usually condense the workout. Check out the video clips here on the site.

As far as the step vid.s go, depends on how comfortable you are with choreography. If step choreography is challenging, go with Basic Step/Body Fusion. These workouts will gently break you into Cathe's style. If step choreography isn't an issue, go for any of the step workouts. My fav's are Step Blast and Rythmic Step. I didn't catch every pattern the first few times, but they are so much fun!! Just keep moving. HTH..I have all but 3 of Cathe's workouts, with plans to buy these this year!!;)

Thanks alot. I do already own Basic Step/Body FUsion, but want to add more.( my poor Visa )I do want to build more muscle and burn fat too, so sculpt/cardio is good for me.;-)

Not Cathe...OBVIOUSLY;-) But wanted to tell you that I found the Intensity Series to be an excellent transition from Firm to Cathe. It includes leg presses which my glutes have learned to LOVE from the Firm while delivering a greater challenge to every muscle group.

I too am new to cathe . I have every firm video they made.
I consider intermediate after the firm.
In my opinion Cathe kills the firm. I have never been sooo challenged.I haven't felt a burn like this in a year.
In my opionion take it lighter and do what you can. I am having as hard time with the high impact. The firm doesn't do them.
As a rule if cathe does 40 I do 30. If she has 10 I use 8.
I have been using her for about 3 weeks. I just ordered the new tapes for lower impact.Imax 3 about killed me . I was only able to do 7 segments with modifications.My knees are haveing a hard time. I have been going to a basic step when I can't do anymore.
Eventually I feel you and i will be able to do it all.
The firm does not work your muscles like cathe does.
You are definitely in for a challenge.I am impressed. I wasn't getting anywhere anymore with the firm. I was doing most of them with 15's.The abs were easy . Cathe's core workout is a real challenge.
When she says can you feel it are you shaking yet. I know why!!!!

Good luck.
Every day is getting easier . Especially with the coreography.
Anne

Hi Nancy, I'm new to Cathe too and also a former Firm Beliver. I started out using 8 10 and 15 with Cathe and 25 on my barbell. It seems light in comparison to what Cathe is using but it works well for me for now. I am hoping to build more stregth and heavy up.

But I have to agree, she kicks the Firms butt and I am even beginning to find the Firm exercises boring. I don't get the same feeling from them anymore.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.