NEW To Cathe, dont know where to start!

Hello, I just need someone's opinion before I spend a ton of money on work out videos. I am NOT new to fitness, but I have never done Cathe before. I started looking into her videos when I heard about STS because I really wanted a challenge. I then saw the presale for shock cardio and want that as well. I have been preparing to spend that much money on both systems by picking up extra days at work etc (my husband thinks Im a nut). Then I was looking at some of her other workouts and they all look so good. I really liked 4 day split because it had a little bit of everything.
So, before I spend $$$ on STS/Shock cardio, I was wondering if this was a good place to start, or should I begin with 4 Day split or something else? I was thinking of doing STS and shock cardio while the pre sale was going on and maybe doing something else once my bank account rebounded? What would you Cathe experts do?
THANKS!!!

Good morning shannoncorrin!

Let me just assure you that you are not nuts :)!

Now with that out of the way, reading that you are not new to fitness...IMO, 4-Day Split would be a very good investment for you. You are going to LOVE the heavy weight work in 4-DS...if that's what you like. And don't get me started on how exhilirating the 4-Day kickboxing & bootcamp are...especially combined!!!

You really cannot go wrong purchasing any of Cathe's dvds; so have fun :)!

If you know you're going to want shock cardio eventually, you may as well take advantage of the presale price, because it is a good deal -- Cathe dvds don't ever "go on sale". That said, I'm sure it's hard to wait without buying something else!

-Beth

if your looking to save money, i would go with sts.. i think it's going to be a great series (sts strength is really good). i do like the variety of cardio on 4ds and i like that it's only 30 minutes. i have the intensity series also and you may want to look into that one at some point in time...it also has great variety.

Good morning shannoncorrin!

Let me just assure you that you are not nuts :)!

You really cannot go wrong purchasing any of Cathe's dvds; so have fun :)!

I agree! Any Cathe dvd is certainly worth the $$$(IMO:)) for cardio I love low max and rythmic step and running:)

Hello, I just need someone's opinion before I spend a ton of money on work out videos. I am NOT new to fitness, but I have never done Cathe before. I started looking into her videos when I heard about STS because I really wanted a challenge. I then saw the presale for shock cardio and want that as well. I have been preparing to spend that much money on both systems by picking up extra days at work etc (my husband thinks Im a nut). Then I was looking at some of her other workouts and they all look so good. I really liked 4 day split because it had a little bit of everything.
So, before I spend $$$ on STS/Shock cardio, I was wondering if this was a good place to start, or should I begin with 4 Day split or something else? I was thinking of doing STS and shock cardio while the pre sale was going on and maybe doing something else once my bank account rebounded? What would you Cathe experts do?
THANKS!!!

Shannoncorrin, if you can swing it, I would recommend getting the recently released STS strength series AND the Shock Cardio series that's currently on presale. IMHO, regarding STS, you will get the maximum amount of variety to be had in a single series. You can perform the series as Cathe has produced it, calculating your 1RMs and following the 3- or 6-month rotations; there is also an undulating periodization rotation that our own Christoz has cooked up. STS has the most variety of lifts I've seen in a single series, and I think it would take you a long, long time to need anything more.

And with Shock Cardio, well . . . just from the descriptions, it is a seasoned exerciser's dream. If you can hold off on any cardio purchases until SCS comes out, then you're golden.

JMHO - as others have said, you really can't go wrong with any Cathe purchase. 4-Day Split is also very good.

A-Jock

Just to be clear, as you asked about starting with STS cardio... that the STS strength series has been released, however, the STS cardio series is in the planning phase and is not available until fall/winter 2009 and is a presale only... I agree with the above posters though, if you can financially swing it, STS is a great strength series. GymStyles (you should get the minimum three: back & bi's, chest & tri's and legs) is another great total body workout series, as well as Pyramids Upper and Lower body workouts... BootCamp, Muscle Max, Muscle Endurance, are great total body workouts that kick butt! Butts & Guts is another winner... you can't really go wrong with Cathe... you can view a wide variety of clips in the ShopCathe!

Welcome!

First I have to say, STS strength is awesomely amazing, you need to insert your own cardio as it does not have any cardio with it. I recommend STS very very highly, but of course any Cathe DVD is going to be great. I really love the structure and results of STS, I'm starting my second rotation this week.

Ok here is one scenario:

A. Pre-order sts shock cardio, as Dani mentioned, it won't release until fall/winter this year.

B. If you want the cardio aspect and a greater variety in workout styles, buy 4DS now, this does have a great sampling of Cathe style workouts. I don't have this one, but was going to buy it, then got STS, so figured getting both at the same time did not make sense. If you can swing it, pickup something like DrillMax for even more variety with it.

C. Do 4DS for a month or two, reload the bank account, then buy STS in a couple of months.

OR

If you were really looking to focus on the weight lifting and want a kick a$$ weight workout now, stick with your original thoughts to preorder STS cardio, and buy STS strength now as long as you are good with adding in your own cardio. And maybe throw in one of the other less expensive cardio dvds with it now like DrillMax, or a step dvd if you like step.

I also want to mention, it does not make sense to buy STS strength with any other weight lifting dvds at the same time, you can't really combine them anyway.

Make sure to check out this website too, 4DS is on sale, STS is the same price:
http://www.advancedworkouts.com/cathe-friedrich.html

HTH

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.