New Tapes - Backup Exercisers

Nope, no news yet. SNM did post recently that no updates would be given until after filming but I don't know if we should interpret that as they will not provide ANY info until after filming. Not sure if they've even started filming. Oh well, I can't wait.

Alexandra

>Nope, no news yet. SNM did post recently that no updates
>would be given until after filming but I don't know if we
>should interpret that as they will not provide ANY info until
>after filming. Not sure if they've even started filming. Oh
>well, I can't wait.
>
>Alexandra
>
>
I saw that in the Ask Cathe section and to be honest felt a bit annoyed by it. The last time she did filming, they told us ahead of time when the filming was going to be, and then gave us little updates each day they were doing the filming ( a couple of picture clips, a quick post) and everyone loved it!

I feel that when everyone prepays, it would be nice, since we all fronted the money way in advance, that they share a little info with us. Now I do realize Cathe is super, super busy, but hey, so am I and I had time to fork out for the presale.

Maybe I'm just in a bad mood today, but that response just didn't "feel" like SNM/Cathe's style. They usually try to do what they can to share in a bit of the info.

Anyways, just going off a bit.

;-)

Punky,
I prefer to think of it as Cathe and crew wanting to surprise us SOON, and having already started preliminary steps to filming, which is coming within a couple of weeks.:) If not, then it is a bit annoying!:-(

Punky, you have a valid point. We are her customers after all and pay her salary, or at least a big part of it. I have been a bit annoyed about her lack of participation on the Ask Cathe forum. Yes, I know she warned us in advance that she would be absent, is giving us another round of super great workouts, and wants to spend as much time as possible preparing. Add to that her own family obligations, and it's probably very difficult to find available time.

The thing is, many of us have jobs where we don't report to ourselves. If I told my manager that I didn't have enough time for my customers, he would either tell me to find the time or show me the door. I think Cathe owes her loyal, paying devoted customers answers to questions and updates on the new series. If one cannot handle all the aspects of running a business, then it's either time to hire someone who can assist, or scale back.

Yeah, this is harsh, and it doesn't change my opinion that I think Cathe is amazing and talented. It's just my own thoughts.

-Roe

Hi Roe, I can totally understand where you are coming from. But I think that all of us just need to realize that Cathe is puting out 6 new tapes for us and is probably trying very hard to get them all done by the end of the summer. It's not like most of the other aerobic instructors that put out one or two at the most. I'm not trying to start up an argument or anything like that, because like I said, I understand the frustration. But Cathe just can't be there 24/7 to please everybody all the time. She is going on line every now and then, I can tell by the fact that she does respond eventually to a lot of the questions. We just all need to be forgiving right now and look to the near future of having her back with us on line in the early fall.

Hi you two. I wasn't trying to start anything Kathy - was just expressing an opinion. I fully understand how busy Cathe is, and I know she has had minimal participation on the forum so that she could keep up to the myriad of arrangements probably necesary to even set up the shoot and plan the workouts to the last detail (even music).

I just liked it better last time around when they shared a little once they got to the shoot stage. The response on the Ask Cathe forum made it sound like they didn't want us to expect anything until everything was done. As I said - I just wanted them to share a little info - i.e. shoot is still a ways off, music set, background exercisers set, shoot date, a few pics, or whatever. Give us poor dogs a bone.

I hope I don't get blasted for this by everyone when they see it. I was just expressing my disappointment. More than that, I was just surprised by the way the question was answered and it almost made me wonder if someone else answered it.

I agree Roe - I too work in customer service, and we have to make time no matter what. Now I realize that Cathe is working with probably limited staffing, so she has a fine balance between having a life at all and not....

Thanks for understanding. I'm keeping the faith that as they start shooting they'll change their minds and give us some updates!

>I just liked it better last time around when they shared a
>little once they got to the shoot stage. The response on the
>Ask Cathe forum made it sound like they didn't want us to
>expect anything until everything was done. As I said - I just
>wanted them to share a little info - i.e. shoot is still a
>ways off, music set, background exercisers set, shoot date, a
>few pics, or whatever.

Just for the record...I agree! As customers, we took an expensive leap of faith in pre-ordering based on Cathe's inspired concept and limited description. It would be nice if that loyalty was rewarded with additional information as decisions about these new workouts are made and implemented. I would like to hear something about the planning process, the rehearsal and shooting schedule, and the production timeline. I just like to keep tabs on my investment (plus I'm just plain interested!)

Oh, well. I know that time is a limited commodity. Apparently we customers are just out of the loop (until it's time to pay the bill!):-(

I can't help but wonder if Cathe is not giving us information this time around for a reason. Maybe she got upset about all of the questions we kept asking with the Intensity Series since we knew what her filming & production schedule was. When they finish taping this series then Cathe will probably tell us it is done so we will know that the completed VHS or DVDs won't be long in coming to us. In the meantime, I can understand everyones frustration. I'm sure Cathe won't disappoint us.

I agree, I am sure Cathe will not disappoint us. She is the best instructor on video and produces nothing but quality workouts. I'm acutally, not that curious about who will be in the videos - It'll be a nice "surprise" when I do receive my shipment of new videos!

Alexandra

I, too, wondered if she and SNM felt that giving out info stoked the fire of controversy. It did seem with the Intensities that they would get a lot of flak over a lot of decisions, including who the background exercisers are, music, etc. I liken it to when my husband and I were thinking of names for our first child. We learned that if you floated out a name, everyone had an opinion which they felt their duty to share. People would say "Yuck, why did you choose that name? It's gross and the kid will hate it" (actual quote). Then we figured out that if you wait until the child is born, no one will comment (at least to your face:p), they just accept that that is the name. Okay, that was probably longer than necessary :eek:!

I just thought that the funny thing is, I clicked on this message because I'm as curious as anyone as to who the background exercisers are:p!

Let me add my two cents to the discussion. Regarding the background exercisers. I'm guessing that the reason why there's no response is that Cathe usually has a group of core background exercisers in mind for each workout. She most likely has a couple of back ups in case one of the core background exercisers is ill on the day of the filming. Let's assume that if she posts who the background exercisers are prior to filming, what type of reaction will be generated if one or two of those mentioned aren't actually in the finished product (for example, they are ill or had to leave the area to handle an emergency)? Also, in Rhonda's case, perhaps it's still up in the air regarding her availability to fly to New Jersey from Georgia.

I am perfectly happy not knowing who the final background exercisers are. I'm guessing that there will be a similar group to what we had in the Intensity Series.

Lorrayne

I actually got off topic here from the original post. I wasn't at all referring to who the background exercisers are, but SNM/Cathe's comment in the Ask Cathe section about not giving any more updates until after the filming is done. I guess I should have put my comments there!

Sorry to take the thread so far off topic.

I can't understand how anyone can say that Cathe isn't making time for her customers! She is currently working feverishly on these upcoming new workouts, FOR HER CUSTOMERS! Do people want top quality workouts ready by the end of the summer, or do people want Cathe to be sure to allot x-number of hours to answering questions on the forum & then not have the workouts ready till mid-fall? Personally I can live without her presence on the boards, knowing she is busting butt to create new workouts for us as soon as possible. Cut the poor woman some slack. She bends over backward trying to please her customers, and still has to deal with complaints. Unbelievable. If I were Cathe I think I would stay off the boards completely, rather than be questioned and critiqued at every turn.
Deb

I can't wait for the new tapes, and if that means not hearing from Cathe and SNM during the summer, so be it. I can't exercise along with forum postings like I can with Cathe's excellent DVDs! I like all of her background exercisers and whoever she picks will be excellent.

The last two times I followed a pre-order sale, it seemed like there was very little slack for technical difficulties and human difficulties. I would completely understand if SNM withheld all information until the DVDs and videos were being packed into boxes and shipped to us.

Deb, I TOTALLY agree with you. I'd rather have her work on the new workouts right now. I don't need a daily update, although I admit it was nice with the Intensities, but, as Buttercup said, they probably got a lot of flak over decisions, etc. You can't please everyone, and some will never be pleased, so I think she is doing what she does best - producing the best quality workouts out there.
Barbara P

Gotta agree with Deb, Jenne, Beans and BarbaraP. To me, Cathe silence is golden right now; it means she's hard at work pulling together the Body Blast series, which looks to be her best yet.

Also, some posters have made some pretty crass comments about individual back-up exercisers in previous threads, and I can understand Cathe wanting to protect her hard-working and talented crew from stuff like that.

A-Jock

I realize that nobody appreciates second-guessing, and if Cathe and SNM had to deal with alot of criticism/questions during the last pre-sale, then I can understand the current reluctance to share information about this upcoming series. To me, the specifics really don't matter...I'm not concerned about who the background exercisers are, or what outfits everybody's wearing, or which music is chosen...and I wouldn't presume to offer any suggestions unless input was requested. I also have no doubt that these workouts will be wonderful whether we hear much about them along the way or not.

I'm just curious about the overall planning and production process, and was a little disturbed by SNM's curt response over on the "Ask Cathe" forum when updated information was requested. I remember thinking that it was so neat to be able to read about and see pictures of progress during development of the Intensity series...I really appreciated such openness and purposeful attention to customer service. I just expected the same consideration this time around, and was surprised to find that the policy had changed.

Perhaps it proved to be too labor-intensive to post information and then respond to questions or comments. If so, that's understandable...likewise, if this decision is a marketing strategy to keep things under wraps for a great surprise at the end, that's okay too! Either way, I'll surely adjust...however, my personal preference is to hear about things as they happen...makes me feel like I (and my hard-earned dollars!) are valued members of the team. Just my two cents!

Laura

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.