New Tae Bo Amped?

I just got an e-mail today About Tea Bo Amped. Is anyone going to order them?

The last Tae Bo was so bad.. the bands and off count reps were a waist of time. So wondering if these will be any better. Has any one heard anything about them? I like the old Advanced Ripped series and hope this is more like them. I like seeing clips of new videos to get an idea if it is something i would like.

Happy New Year.

A friend of mine is in the "live" video of Tae Bo AMPED - which you get as a bonus workout when you order from the Infomercial. She's a certified Tae Bo instructor and is pretty hard core when it comes to weights and cardio, and says the AMPED live made her feel her abs and back for days - in a good way.

Of course, I'll wait for her to get them to tell me if they are worth it before I order. Heard there will be a 90 minute all cardio session this time. I hope it's like the old Get Ripped and Advanced Live and not just another medicore product. I think Billy has more say with Giaim than he did with his previous production company, so that's a good thing.

I haven't heard a thing about AMPED. Where did you hear about it- tae bo website?

I,too, loved the "old school" Ripped and Live! series. Nothing's been that good ever since...

rose2boys

Keep smiling & sweating!

I received that e-mail too. I so want to get it but don't want it if it is fluff. I love Billy and he is so motivating. I guess the infomercials are supposed to come out this month from what I have read at other sites. I guess we just have to keep flipping the channels on the tv on the weekends to see when it comes on. I am interested in seeing how this Tae bo Amped will be too. From the e-mail I guess these workouts have some sort of body bar thing but it is short. Christine, let us know if your friend gives you any more information. That would be great!

Do you guys find the original "old school" ripped and live series hard workouts-advanced? Also, do you know if these are still available for purchase and if so, where? I love kickboxing so am interested in knowing if you think they're as challenging as Cathe say KPC?

Thanks!

I ordered them today. I'm a big Tae-bo fan. I wasn't crazy about Elite, but I love Billy's older videos, and I liked Bootcamp and the Fatblaster workouts for a while. I've been doing a lot of Cathe and Powerstrike workouts, but just recently I've started doing more of my Tae-bo workouts, and they are still in my opinion great workouts. I'll be happy to post a review when I get my Amped package, but knowing Guiam, I will be waiting probably into next month. Cathe's keeping me plenty busy, so I have no complaints, lol.

Iris

Hi - I found mine on ebay - they are on VHS only. They were excellent at the time, but I have to say once I found Cathe, I haven't pulled these out in @ 6 - 9 months. If you like Kickboxing, I think you will like them, though. I started to enjoy step more.

HTH

Collage Video used to have the Ripped! series on DVD. Don't know if they still carry it, but it's worth a check.
I would say they are very challenging - at least they were years ago when I first started doing them, but I wasn't doing Cathe yet...

rose2boys

Keep smiling & sweating!

Ripped advanced is still good even after Cathe. I did it a couple weeks ago and I was sweating like crazy at the end and smiling too!

I purchased my Get Ripped series on Ebay. It came on 2 CD's. To advanced workouts, 2 basic, a get started workout and an instructional. I paid less than $20. for the set, and I get a great workout from them. If you like kickboxing, I believe you will like Get Ripped Advanced.

Iris

These are correct for Taebo Get Ripped - I only liked Advanced 1 and 2. These could also be found on DVD on ebay as well, maybe you can just get these two instead of the set if you don't want the set?

Then only on VHS are the Taebo Live Advanced Series - yellow covers.

I have to put my #4 back out there.

HTH

I like advanced kickboxing myself, but on days where I'm looking to do an easier type workout, I've done G.R. Basic 1 & 2, with weighted gloves. That's jus a suggestion, in case you do get the whole set :)

Iris

I got this e-mail too and I just rolled my eyes when I saw the product. I absolutely love the old-school Taebo advanced DVDs. I bought the bands and tried the bootcamp, but I have to say I was disappointed. Billy has done weighted balls, bands, and now the amped workouts have some kind of bar. Why does he reinvent his workouts using some sort of hand held tool. I wish he would just put out some good standard kickboxing workouts. Make the weighted work separate. Just my opinion. I still love the Get Ripped Advanced Series. I also like the Ultimate Lower workout.

Monica

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.