NEW RUNNERS JANUARY 2010!!!

Hi Jane! {waving hello} Could you send some of that warm air my way, too? This winter is just dragging by! It doesn't help that we don't have the cash to go skiing. That's what makes the winter so much more tolerable! Oh, well.

Cindi - I haven't read the article yet, but thanks for posting it! It seems to be catching, doesn't it?

Lisa - Yay!!!!! I'm so glad Maui is going to be fine! Wonderful that he may get adopted soon! I could just cry out of shear joy! Is the article online or just in the paper Runner's World?

Alisha - Wow! What an amazing experience! It gave me chills just reading about having that owl fly down over you!

Me, same 'ol, same 'ol - STS Legs tonight, cardio tomorrow. I think I'm doing Cardio Fusion. I'd rather go for a run, but it's still too dark after work. That will have to wait until Saturday!

Hi ladies! Last night was defining shape by Tracey Long. Good workout. Running later today.

Alisha - That owl sounds so cool! My daughter (12) is obsessed with all things owls these days. She read Wesley the Owl and just loves them now. Wesley the Owol is a true animal story - kind of like Marley and Me if you heard of that. There's another cute one about a Grey Parrot - Ale and Me.

I have that CTX set - I thought maybe you were talking about some other CTX program. DUH!

My martial arts teacher told me once that my uterus would fall out if I kept running. :)

Lisa - You are exactly right about vets and cats. We have two now and they are healthy and happy.

Tricia - Cardio Fusion is a really fun workout - enjoy it!

Hi Jane!

Very cold here but at least the sun is shining. I think it's around 10 degrees.

Life is a foggy mess up here

Your martial arts teacher was nuts. It won't fall out, its attached! If it falls out you have a bigger problem than which workout to do next :p

Today is CTX Power Circuit. Tomorrow, after work, its leaner legs and I admit, I'm a-scared:confused:.

You know, i think that the smileys can mean more than the little tip notes about them. Like,

This one :D Is life is super fine!
And this one: :eek: is I'm super sunburned
And this one :confused: Looks like I'm gonna hurl
And this one: :( Awweee!!! Look my CAthe disc is scratched, and now I'm gonna sit down and be sad about it.
This one ;) Is a "How You doin?" wink.

I love your interpretations of the Smileys! It made my day!

Well, ladies, finally got the unemployment stuff all worked out. DH got his first payment and the letters followed. Now, on to the VA education benefits! I wish they'd get moving on that! Hopefully, we can keep his unemployment checks coming until he finishes school! If he doesn't find work, he can finish by December of next year! He's a maniac at taking classes! At Bryant, he completed 2 majors and a minor in 3 years! It really helps not having to work!

I just hope I can survive it - again! :eek::eek::eek:

Your martial arts teacher was nuts. It won't fall out, its attached! If it falls out you have a bigger problem than which workout to do next :p

Today is CTX Power Circuit. Tomorrow, after work, its leaner legs and I admit, I'm a-scared:confused:.

You know, i think that the smileys can mean more than the little tip notes about them. Like,

This one :D Is life is super fine!
And this one: :eek: is I'm super sunburned
And this one :confused: Looks like I'm gonna hurl
And this one: :( Awweee!!! Look my CAthe disc is scratched, and now I'm gonna sit down and be sad about it.
This one ;) Is a "How You doin?" wink.

Love the smiley interpretations! I agree. :)

Tricia - so glad DH got the unemployment sorted out!

Life is exciting on the running front. First I went running yesterday afternoon - ended up doing aboout 10 1/3 miles. 20 minute warm up, 5 minute stretch, then 4 repeats of 2K slow, 1K fast, 500m walk.

Then went to a meeting with the MC200 team. This is the 200 mile/12 woman relay team I'm on. The race is in early June and runs from Madison to Chicago. Each team member runs three legs spread evenly through the course. So over 30 hours, I'll do three runs of about 6 miles each. We have a great bunch of women at all levels. Some are very new to running, all the way to a woman who is well into her 60's and running Boston! So our meeting yesterday was to meet our COACH!!! I'm so excited, never had a coach before, never done team sports so this is all new to me. He was super nice - very funny and already gave us some good tips, stretches, and a couple of strengthening moves. Once it warms up, he'll train us once a week and give us running plans for the rest of the week. I'll have to tweak mine since I'm training for the May 1 marathon, but he was totally fine with that and will help me with my marathon training too. :) YAY!

Good morning,
I walked with a girlfriend and her dogs and all of my dogs last night. Just a short two miler at a brisk pace. Then I went home and did Ellen Barrett's Slim Sculpt. This morning I did PUB up only except for biceps which I did up and down. I have to admit that I love my biceps and was a little distressed to see that my left one was looking a little squishy :(. I think because I got the Implanon in that arm and the bruise is still a little sore so I'm favoring it. Well, no more! The left arm must pull its weight and get its bicep back in shape!!

Alisha ~ Loved, loved, loved the smilies! Made me smile :D.

Cindi ~ Woo hoo! I've got runner's envy now. Have fun with that!

Tricia ~ YAY!! I'm so happy things are working out. He will do fine, you knew that, but its so nice when things start to work out.

Jane ~ Hope you are having a good week with your family!

Lisa

I did one mile with Leslie this morning and the back work from CTX. I will do leaner legs tomorrow.

So glad everybody finds the smileys amusing!

Cindi- I think you daughter might enjoy a visit to an avian center to see an owl in person. They are magnificent creatures. The training for both of your running events sounds so exciting. I wish I was up to marathon (or even a half) training.

Tricia- Your DH sounds like me in college only faster. I was a serious student in college. I hope that the abundance starts rolling in!

Lisa- Don't worry, that bicep will be back in shape in no time.

Cindi - How exciting for you! I'm kind of jealous! You will have to train all of us when you're all done with these two major runs!

Lisa - How fun that had to be! I'm imagining what your walk would have looked like with all those dogs on leashes! Then, I imagined what it would be like if I were there with my two crazy beagles! It would have been one of those huge multi-chain knots!!! Or a strange dance!

Alisha - Good workout! Enjoy leaner legs tomorrow!

It's going to be way too cold to be outside running tomorrow! Today was brutal! We had a horrible wind in addition to the temps barely getting to 21 degrees! The wind chill was around zero! I'm going to try to see if the new Workout World has a one week free pass since they just opened and run there! Sunday, if my biceps aren't too sore, we'll go rock wall climbing!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Hi Everyone!

Sorry I haven't been around much this week. I haven't worked out in 5 days and the last 2 days I've been eating bad. No regrets but I just don't feel like myself.

Dad is still with us but he's slowly leaving us. He hasn't eaten in a number of days ~ just applesauce to help get his pills down and some water. Earlier in the week he was very agitated and seeing his parents and brother (all deceased) as well as other "people". Now he is quiet and is in a semi-comatose state. He opens his eyes at times and talks but you can't really understand him.

I got home this morning and did some things around the house and then totally crashed. The most I'm going to do today is take a walk with my sister. I don't think I can manage anything else today. Looking forward to sleeping in my own bed and getting a full night sleep.

Cindi ~ I love to hear about your training runs. I miss running and training for races. I have a number of picked out for the coming months. I'm ready to jump back in as soon as I can.

Thanks for letting me ramble.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Jane - I'm so sorry to hear about your father not doing well. My thoughts and prayers stay with you everyday - and, of course, with your family.

It makes such a difference to be able to sleep in your own bed! Get some rest and know that you are not alone!

I hate water weight

Dagnabit. I put on like a pound and a half. I was hoping to lose a pound! I can see the water in my ankles. I know it will come off. Still. ugh. yucko. It might be some fat from too many treats. I need to watch my carbs thats all there is to it and I don't always do it. Ughherrrrrs. ok. I will stop whining.

Yesterday I went to the Consumnes Preserve to photograph Sandhill Cranes but all we got was Canadian geese and lots of ducks. I did come across a little bitty, brown bunny hiding in the brush.

I went out for a 45 minute hike this morning. 41 min in my THr. It was beautiful! Great sunrise. A miniature ram was out rummaging for grass. He is such a cutie.

I'm altering my plans for the week. I hope to go out to jog as much as possible. I don't care if its cloudy but I don't go if its raining, its too dangerous here.

Tricia- I didn't get around to leaner legs, I didn't sleep well the night before.

Jane- I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad. Hugs.

Hi Cindi, and everybody else cause my brain is spacing right now.

...peeking in to say "Hi" to everyone. I'm not really running consistantly lately and put on a few pounds because of it (and drinking too much sodas:eek:) but I do read and I'm with you all in spirit....

Hi Sydney!

We've missed you! I know what you mean! I hadn't done any running since October until a couple of weeks ago. My DH got me out on the weekend. We went today too! It was cold, but I made it! It took me half the run to get my body temp comfortable and level throughout my body. After that, the run was easy!

As soon as you get going again, those few pounds will drop right off! Hope to see more of you!

...peeking in to say "Hi" to everyone. I'm not really running consistantly lately and put on a few pounds because of it (and drinking too much sodas:eek:) but I do read and I'm with you all in spirit....

I change my weekend workouts all the time! I went running this morning with DH, so no yoga today or rock wall climbing for me. I already need a nap! :rolleyes:

Sleep is so important! Get a good night's rest, then work out!

Even though you didn't get the pics you wanted, it sounds like you had a very nice hike!

I hate water weight! I don't have to worry about it much, but when it hits, bleh!

Take a power nap! I'm going to a little bit later!

Dagnabit. I put on like a pound and a half. I was hoping to lose a pound! I can see the water in my ankles. I know it will come off. Still. ugh. yucko. It might be some fat from too many treats. I need to watch my carbs thats all there is to it and I don't always do it. Ughherrrrrs. ok. I will stop whining.

Yesterday I went to the Consumnes Preserve to photograph Sandhill Cranes but all we got was Canadian geese and lots of ducks. I did come across a little bitty, brown bunny hiding in the brush.

I went out for a 45 minute hike this morning. 41 min in my THr. It was beautiful! Great sunrise. A miniature ram was out rummaging for grass. He is such a cutie.

I'm altering my plans for the week. I hope to go out to jog as much as possible. I don't care if its cloudy but I don't go if its raining, its too dangerous here.

Tricia- I didn't get around to leaner legs, I didn't sleep well the night before.

Jane- I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad. Hugs.

Hi Cindi, and everybody else cause my brain is spacing right now.

Hi ladies,
I was snowed in yesterday which led to some really good workouts and some boredom eating :eek:. Yesterday I did PLB, Namaste Yoga, and bellydance (Shimmy on FitTV). Today I did Providence, Namaste and then slithered down on off the mountain and did 4 miles at the orchard with the dogs and Coach Sean - V3 repeating challenges 1 and 2. Tomorrow its back to work.

Tricia ~ Enjoy your nap!

Shyy ~ Hi! Glad to know your still with us!

Alisha ~ Oh man. I'm sorry to hear that. So frustrating.

Jane ~ So sorry to hear about your dad. ((HUGS))

Cindi ~ Hi!

Lisa

Hi ladies! I hope you all had a great weekend.

It is going to snow today they say. But it is warmer-upper 20's maybe into the thirties in a few days. And we had lots of sunshine this weekend which is always appreciated this time of year!

Saturday's run was 3x30 minute progressive runs. Yesterday's run was warmup, hill sprints, cool down.

Both runs felt very manageable this weekend so that's a good sign - I would hope I'm getting stronger but sometimes it's barely perceptible.

Jane - we are all thinking about you and your family. Take the time you need, the running and workouts will be here for you when you are ready. I'm so sorry.

Alisha - the nature preserve and hike sound just wonderful. I hate water weight too - it's frustrating.

Hi Sydney!

Tricia - How did rock climbing go? I have such poor upper body strength - I blame it on my long arms, I don't have enough leverage for my muscles to pull me up. :)

Hi Lisa - How did you like Shimmy? I have seen it a few times on TV but never tried it.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Another half pound in the wrong direction. So why is it that we feel so bad about two pounds anyway? sheesh. I wish I was naturally slender.

I got sick last night. Some weird ear ache that degraded into nausea and a low grade fever. I took this morning off. I will do some yoga at noon and Step Heat at 7 pm. I'm settled in to do some data entry. I was able to eat this morning. We had roasted a piece of beef and I had that with some spinach.

Hi Sydney- its ok if you post anyway. I put on a couple of pounds too. Bummer, right?

Tricia- I love the power naps!

Lisa- I love the "slithered down the mountain."

Cindi- I got short little arms and they aren't worth a darn either.:p

New Thread New Thread New Thread New Thread

I'm making us a new thread for February. Welcome to a new month ladies in running!!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.