New Round STS to kickoff 2011 ? Who's in ?

chammer

Cathlete
Hi all - I found myself battling and finally diagnosed hypothyroid about 10 weeks into my first round of STS ... fast forward 18 months later and FINALLY back to about 95% of my normal energy and I am beyond psyched to have had the energy to workout consistently, and aggressively (like I always had previously! :p)... thank goodness for finally finding a Dr. who treats symptoms and a trainer like Cathe to return to with my restored energy! woo hoo :eek:

I am so psyched to have prepped for another round of STS... who else is feeling pumped to start the new year with STS ? or another motivating routine you'd like to share ? :D:p;)

It's amazing how much I knew I was missing my former fitness (always a 4 - 6 day/week, multiple half marathons, weight lifting enthusiast type) and I couldn't be more excited to have it back and be enjoying the challenge of programs like Cathe's :D:D:D to propel me to my best the most efficient way possible!

Brang it :eek: !!!

I'm also going to start STS. I bought the program and I'm waiting for equipment (tower/weighted vest) to arrive from the States so I'll be starting Jan 8th. I'll be following the STS/Shock Cardio rotation which has already been taped to my wall.

EEEEEEEEEK! I can't wait. I've read so many success stories that I'm super pumped to become one too. :D:D:D:D

Hi! I too am starting STS in January. I will begin on the 3rd. I got STS for Christmas and I am so psyched to finally do it. I don't have all of the Shock Cardio dvds, but I am planning on following the STS/Shock Cardio rotation, supplementing a dvd when I run into one I don't have. Maybe we should start a check in in January for STS users. What do you think?

Kristin

I am late to jump in to this party. I will be starting January 24th. I want to play with the new workouts for a while longer. I figure this will put me with an ending date of May 8th - Mother's Day!

I just started STS this week. It's my first time through. I'll be about a week ahead, but I think I can still hang with ya!
How are you dealing with the 1RM test ? I've only did enough for the first two Discs so far. I need to get a move on finishing them up! :)

Boling- I am halfway through the 1 RM testing. I am going through each exercise in the book. the ones with 1 or 2 stars I am skipping. My arms are sore from the testing, so I am laying off on UB this week. i am doing more cardio and lower body until next week.

JonSteph and Fit Mommy is this your first round of STS? Are you doing the 6 1/2 month or 3 1/2 month rotation?

Mom25- seems like we are both excited! Are you done with your 1 RM testing or are you in the middle too?

Kristin

Kristin: I tried to do STS one time before but only got through 3 weeks of Meso 1 so I'm giving it another shot. I plan on doing the 3 1/2 month rotation, thankyouverymuch! LOL I don't think I could hang with ANY rotation for 6 1/2 months! :p

Boling11: I did some 1RM testing before trying STS the first time and my weights ended up being waaaay too heavy so I will just be going with my instinct this time and keeping track of what I use.

I started this month and will be doing my first active recovery week next week. I was too excited to wait until January!:D:p

I am loving this program! I ended up ordering the tower and used it for the first time today. Whoa! What a difference that makes!

I'm doing the 3 1/2 month rotation but kind of wish I would've done the 6 1/2. On the other hand, I was thinking of rewarding myself with the new DVDs when I finish, then starting up again after playing around with those for awhile. :D

Hi Chammer, I just got the whole STS series for xmas. We have something in common already...i also have hypothyroid. I was I got on here to actually post and see if anyone has any suggestion for me. :) Soooo got any? Annnd I'm gain! :)

Kristin: I tried to do STS one time before but only got through 3 weeks of Meso 1 so I'm giving it another shot. I plan on doing the 3 1/2 month rotation, thankyouverymuch! LOL I don't think I could hang with ANY rotation for 6 1/2 months! :p

Boling11: I did some 1RM testing before trying STS the first time and my weights ended up being waaaay too heavy so I will just be going with my instinct this time and keeping track of what I use.

I hear you about sticking to a rotation for 6 1/2 months. I've never done an official rotation. When I got 4 DS last summer I did my own rotation with that, but I made it up as I went along, always including hte 4 workouts in the week. it will be interesting to see if I can follow someone else's rotation for this long. I am so excited and motivated though. I am currently at my goal weight, and don't want to lose anymore, just tone up more so I am hoping this will do just that for me.

Kristin

I started this month and will be doing my first active recovery week next week. I was too excited to wait until January!:D:p

I am loving this program! I ended up ordering the tower and used it for the first time today. Whoa! What a difference that makes!

I'm doing the 3 1/2 month rotation but kind of wish I would've done the 6 1/2. On the other hand, I was thinking of rewarding myself with the new DVDs when I finish, then starting up again after playing around with those for awhile. :D

So what did you think of the first Mesocycle? What are you doing during your active recovery week? did you do all the 1 RM testing?

Kristin

Hi Chammer, I just got the whole STS series for xmas. We have something in common already...i also have hypothyroid. I was I got on here to actually post and see if anyone has any suggestion for me. :) Soooo got any? Annnd I'm gain! :)

Hi jistbrenda, I don't know much about hypothyroid, so I cannot igve any suggestions. Are you planning on starting STS soon?

Kristin

I hear you about sticking to a rotation for 6 1/2 months. I've never done an official rotation. When I got 4 DS last summer I did my own rotation with that, but I made it up as I went along, always including hte 4 workouts in the week. it will be interesting to see if I can follow someone else's rotation for this long. I am so excited and motivated though. I am currently at my goal weight, and don't want to lose anymore, just tone up more so I am hoping this will do just that for me.

Kristin

I'm not good with other's people's rotations either. I've finished P90X once, Insanity once, Cathe's Dec 10 rotation just now and MAYBE 3 other rotations of hers and/or fitnessfreak's TOPS since I started doing Cathe's work outs in December of 2004. That's 7 years...not a very good track record for completed rotations, huh? :p

Kristin - This is going to be my 5th time, and I am going to do the 3-1/2 month rotation. I got the tower for Christmas this year, so this will be the first time that I will be doing pull-ups instead of pull-downs. For cardio, I am also going to use Shock Cardio and probably throw Intensity in there too.

The one thing that I really need to work on is diet. I have high cholesterol. I tried to change my eating habits with little success. It's so hard to break old habits. Anyway, I am going to work on improving my diet this time and try to make some life-long changes.

So... being a little overexcited I decided to start the 3 1/2 month rotation this week even though I've been finishing up the 4 & 5 star 1RM at the same time :eek: (though on alternate days to the actual STS workouts)... doesn't feel like it's compromised the actual workouts too much and the first week has more instruction/pauses than future workouts if memory serves.

Also, so far I'm finding the 1RM to be pretty accurate and while I considered myself in tune with my strength/capabilities, I've definitely found a few exercises where I would have chosen too light a weight by a good margin, so the 1RM were a worthwhile effort.

For anyone else interested in more hypothyroid stuff, I'm going to start another thread in open discussion on this topic :p as I've definitely learned a lot along the way and I'm sure there are others who have insight/pointers as well!

I'm a lurker here in the forums. But I identify with so many things said in this thread that I had to post. I have made it through the entire STS (weight) program once but have started it many times. In the past, I've had a very hard time getting past meso1. I don't know what it is about the endurance phase but it just doesn't keep my excitement up. I really wanted to start again in January and get through it again because I had really good results with it the first time. I found the STS undulating rotation and decided that may help keep my interest up. It doesn't start with disc 1 and all those pushups:)
I'm also not doing the 1RM calculations this time around. Especially for meso1, I found the calculated weights to be way too heavy. They start out ok but towards the end of the set I usually can't finish because they're too heavy. I've lost a lot of strength from not working out most of this year and feel like I'm starting over. I still have my numbers from the last time I did 1RMs and will try for those weights but may not make it. I'll be listening to my body and see where it takes me.
I would love to get in on an STS check-in even if I may not be doing the exact same disc as everyone else. I will be starting Jan 2 and doing the STS cardio rotation as well.
Aimee

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.