New here

shoe

Just thought I would drop in and say Hi and glad to be part of the forums.

I have about 95 pounds to lose and am finally ready to do something about it. I bought a few of the DVD's and the Step last year or maybe the year before and none of it has been opened. :eek:

One of my hobbies is backpacking and being overweight has really made it alot harder than it should be.

So to start my new lifestyle out I will be hiking about 85 miles on the Appalachian Trail in Maine. I leave on Wednesday and should start hiking on Sunday. Then I get back home and start doing what I can with my Cathe workouts.

I am sure I will have all kinds of questions so be prepared :)

Welcome!! You've come to the right place. And may I say WOW, an 85 mile hike- have fun and let us know how it goes :)

A very big W E L C O M E to you shoe.

Have a great hike and please come back for some motivation and answers to any questions you may have.

A great group here that is very inspirational and helpful. :D

Welcome Shoe. You have a great attitude already, so I'm sure you'll do just fine.

Btw, I love your siggy. Very creative.

WOW the appalachian trail! that is incredible. never done it but heard it is gorgeous. I would love to hear what you think of it when you get back

Welcome! Your upcoming hike sounds so exciting and you're quite the inspiration! Have a wonderful time! We expect a full report with pics when you return!!

85 miles!! Holy moly I thought I was tough hiking for 3-4 hours. Your tougher than you think! Welcome. Welcome. Hope to hear more about your trip on your way back!! I love hiking and trail running. Really gets you out there with nature. I usually hold off untill Fall and Winter though, can't stand the ticks.

Love the avatar!.. so cute. Welcome to the forums.

and the Appalachian Trail!! WOW!! that's awesome. Have a great hike!

Cool--Dh and I did lots of back-packing before we had children. Now we just drag them along on day hikes. Have a great trip.

This forum is a great place for fitness support, regardless of your goals. I've lost copious amounts of post partum weight twice due to Cathe and the forums in part--and I'm getting ready to do it again.

Maggie:)

Hi Shoe :) Welcome to the forums. 85 mile hike? Dang you go girl! Good luck to you, I bet the scenery will be breathtaking.

Who is in your avatar pic? He/She is pretty.

Sheba is my avatar. That's one of the dogs we kind of rescued. The neighbor across the street moved out and left her there.

I hope to change my avatar when I get back to a picture of my standing on Katahdin.

14.gif

How cool that you're hiking part of the Appalachian!

Have you read A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.