New Check-In Group: Crazy Sexy Cool Ontarians

So, today I just felt like moving my body. I didn't want to lift anything but me and I wanted to try out some new stuff, so I did P90X Cardio X, then Power Yoga with Adrienne Reed (been a while since I did yoga) and followed it up with P90X Kenpo X.

As everyone knows, I hate cardio! (shhhh - don't tell anyone - it turns out I don't!)

Even my boobs flying around during jumping jacks a bit didn't bother me. It felt great to move my body and sweat. So, being me I now want to try out tons of cardio! So, until CLX gets here, I will add in more cardio (can only do it on Tuesday nights and the weekends - complicated situation at home) and change to full body muscle endurance workouts like Muscle Max and Ripped instead of concentrating on building muscles doing splits. You know, it's a funny thing. I love lifting weights and forgot that I actually do like to move - I love to dance and even run. Feels good. My knees are a little sore, but no more than they would be after GS Legs. I had terrible form for everything, but I know I will get better, if not more coordinated!

Morningstar:
Holy cow ... that is a lot of moving! Good for you!
Now I feel lazy because today, Sunday is my rest day.

Bri:
Think I over did it with the Cathe order?
I hope that my DH dosen't see my Visa bill :eek
But, it IS an investment in my health so it is worth it, right? (lol)

I also ordered P90x last night !!! I had gift card for Chapters so it only cost me #1.69 (good deal eh?)

Has anyone tried Tony Horton's 10 minute trainer? I know it is basic but it may be good to use as a filler or add on. Any thoughs? Walmart has them!

Enjoy your Sunday all you crazy, sexy Ontarians!
Mary :D

Hi ya'll
Im Patricia and I live in Ontario too, formerly from the GTA, and now about an hour north of it. Looking forward to meeting you all.:)

Hi Everyone,
Sorry I did not check-in over the week-end. I visited and read your posts but did not take the time to write my own until now. It seems like you have all been busy!

I just finished Jari Love's Ripped 1000. It's the first time i've done this workout. I wasn't really into it but i'm thinking it will grow on me once i become more familiar with it. At least i started off the month doing something.

Bri: Thanks for reminding me of the 4DS cardio premixes. I bought this in December with the 20% off from the calendar but haven't used it yet. I want to try and add more cardio in for February and this might fit in perfectly with my schedule.

Morningstar: Glad to hear you have discovered that cardio is your new friend. Sounds like you had a fun workout.

HDAG: Wow! You are going to have quite the Cathe library when your order arrives! I have my eye on the Gym Style series and Muscle Max but i'm trying to hold off on ordering any new stuff for the time being. I have a lot of stuff that i just haven't used so i'm trying to get to know all of the workouts in my collection before adding more to it.

Patricia: Welcome aboard! It's really nice to find some local gals who share similar interests and goals. It has really helped to keep me inspired and motivated. I live Just East of Toronto in Durham region. Nice to meet you!

Twinkletoes: I hope you had a good week-end (free of drumsticks!?!?)

Take care and have a great day tomorrow!

Hi All!

Welcome Patricia!! :D

Yesterday I did my gym workout which includes back, tricep and what I call my physio leg workout that includes weighted adductor and abductor exercises plus the leg extension machine with feet turned out to stress more of the vastus medialis muscle. Then today I did my own mish mosh with Amy Bento's Advanced Step Challenge 3 and in between each combo did one BodyMax 2 powercircuits (just cardio section) and one LowMax leg blast. Then did yoga stretches afterwards. I burned this workout onto a dvd and it's awesome. What a sweat fest!! Still can't do the whole dvd I mixed but it's something to work towards.:p Oh yah, and I forgot, Friday night I did Cardio & Weights. Instead of starting STS this week I'm going to use this week to continue with 1RM testing. Then hopefully start next Monday. I kinda hope I'll be starting when Cathe starts.

Bri: You got some powerful legs, wow!!

Morningstar: Awesome dream! Man that would be cool if Cathe came!

hotdogsaregross: That's so funny, cause I eat alot of hotdogs in the summer! And everybody says at work "That so gross"!!:p I would be excited too if I was expecting a big package of Cathe!! You made some great choices. Good for you, you will really enjoy them and the high step workouts are awesome!!:D Hey your getting to be a real workout junkie, P90X too Huh!!:D

Morningstar: My gosh you can do alot of workouts! You are a machine!:D Just don't overdo it your obviously very strong and have unbelievable stamina!! Wow!! You have Power Yoga by Adrienne Reed, me too. She's great! Have you done YogaX yet it's really great too! Yes and that cardio thing, you just outed yourself. You like cardio I read your blog!!:p I'm so glad your getting on the cardio bandwagon. It's so much fun and it's so good for your heart and lungs and so great for your hormones too! And a little tip if you don't do it already, try icing your knees after any lower body or cardio work, that helps tremendously for me. You might want to try getting knee braces too for cardio and leg work, it can make a real difference. That's what I have to do and it really works.

Elle: Unfortunately not free of drumsticks yet.:eek::confused: Broke down on Friday night and bought a four pack. In fact, I'm going to eat my last one right after I hit Submit Reply!:p

Have an awesome day tomorrow!!

try icing your knees after any lower body or cardio work,

Twinkle, thank you. I will give it a shot. I hate the feeling icing gives, but I ain't so fond of pain either!

Patty, welcome!

I am really glad we have this check-in group. You all seem like nice people, and a couple of times when I didn't feel like working out, I thought, but then I would have nothing to check-in about! You guys keep me moving!

Happy groundhog day

Hello , it's Monday and I start back to work tonight. I teach a 10 week session of night school classes for the DSBN, School board of Niagara. I'm the Kickbox and Cardio and weights Instuctor. I'll be teaching another 5 week session added on to that because all lot of my students like to go as close to the end of school break, so it's not as long through the summer till we start up again in the fall.
I quit at my gym in December giving them 2 weeks notice in November. Even though I was considered the best instructor there, there was never any increace in pay and all the promises two different owners had never came about. My husband had been on about it for a while too, my manager calls me once and a while to tell me the ladies miss me and ask when I'm comming back, breaks my heart a little, there was some real nice ladies there.

Boy did I go on :eek::eek: guess I needed to share.
Did low max yesterday, needed something hard but low impact.
Waiting for my mail lady to show up with STS and my gliders :eek::eek:

Twinkletoes -love your mishmosh, how long is it ?

Mary - good deal on P90X, I wonder how big of a box your order is arriving in LOL :p:p And it is an investment you'll never regret for sure ;):).

Elle - I mostly do the pre-mixes on 4ds, I keep meaning to do it as is but some how never get around to it. I love the back and bicep, and the leg pre-mixes but do them twice because I find them not long enough.
And on the back one the horizontal rows are missing so I add them in 'cause I love them ;);):).

Patricia - Hi nice to see you here :)

Morningstar - gota love a good sweat from cardio :D. I love the heavy weights too, I usually only do endurance for no more than a 2 week rotation. I'm sure STS will keep me on track though ;)
This thread is going to get long, what do you think about renewing it?
Thought I'd ask you since you started this one :):)

Bri :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.