New Book-Terrell Owens Finding Fitness

Boilergal

Cathlete
I am totally going to get this book! There was a big article about it this week in the Dallas Morning News, about superstar wide receiver Terrell Owens and his new fitness book (full title is Terrell Owens Finding Fitness: Making the Mind, Body and Spirit Connection for Total Health.)

If you've never seen Terrell, look up the book on amazon.com and he's shirtless on the cover. In a word: CUT! But in his book, he discusses using bands, free weights, stretching, and meal plans to be the best you can be. He tells you that your expectation can't be to look like him, but to be the best you can be. I found it inspiring and can't wait to pick up a copy. Hey, I can't afford STS anymore but I can afford a book! LOL!

Anyway, it looked interesting so I thought I'd pass the info along. :)

<<I'm going to get this one. He is such a great guy, super nice. >>

I'm not sure some of the quarterbacks he's worked with would agree with that, notably Donovan McNabb and Jeff Garcia. T.O. has a nasty habit of talking trash about his team mates to the press when he feels they're badly affecting his receiving stats.

I really, really hope he doesn't break Jerry Rice's record.

Yep, he did have his problems in Philly but I think he's grown up since being in Dallas. He gets along great with Tony Romo and is very supportive of him and the team. (I get the Dallas verison because this is where I live, LOL.)

But man oh man! This guy has a FAB body!! Whew!

I'm a Green Bay Packer fan, so I'll stay away from this thread - especially with the game this Sun. ;););):confused:

I'm a Green Bay Packer fan, so I'll stay away from this thread - especially with the game this Sun. ;););):confused:

Get out your popcorn, Jane, because T.O. and Romo are coming to town! LOL! Just joking with ya. But this should be a really good game between two good teams!

And Cynthia--thanks for the links to T.O.'s websites...I want those cable things, too!!

<<I'm going to get this one. He is such a great guy, super nice. >>

I'm not sure some of the quarterbacks he's worked with would agree with that, notably Donovan McNabb and Jeff Garcia. T.O. has a nasty habit of talking trash about his team mates to the press when he feels they're badly affecting his receiving stats.

I really, really hope he doesn't break Jerry Rice's record.

That just goes to show you how much I know about football:eek:
I may have him confused with another ball player.:confused: I was thinking this is the guy who takes all the young boys and gives them after school programs.

Cynthia, that I do not know specifically but T.O. has a foundation here in Dallas and does a lot of work with children.

Cynthia, that I do not know specifically but T.O. has a foundation here in Dallas and does a lot of work with children.

Interesting, maybe he finally did grow up and develop some redeeming qualities. Thanks for posting that. More power to him. :)

*whispers* But I'll still root for Green Bay this weekend. :p *whispers*

Interesting, maybe he finally did grow up and develop some redeeming qualities. Thanks for posting that. More power to him. :)

*whispers* But I'll still root for Green Bay this weekend. :p *whispers*

Gayle, you can yell it--my own mother is a Packers fan down here in Dallas! LOL!

You might be the only person who has ever said that about TO! LOL

Can you tell I've never watched a football game in my life?:eek:
I'm not kidding. I've never watched a game. I don't know how the game is played, and who's who on any team. I know baseball:D Go Cardinals!!!
I did check. TO has a foundation, and a camp for under priviledged children. He does some charitable work:) I saw special interview with him and all the kids at camp. I think it was with Bryant Gumbel.

Gayle, I just had to give you this link. OMG, are boxers funny or what?!
http://video.yahoo.com/watch/3465391/9651729

Last edited:
Hey, thanks for posting this!

I'm going to get this one. He is such a great guy, super nice.

Did you see his workout videos? HOLY SMOKES!

http://www.terrellowens.com/media/news.php

I want the bands he promotes too:D
http://www.tobands.com/

Cynthia, I want those bands too!! Darn it!! :)

There was an article in Prevention recently that did a test using weights or bands and the bands came out on top.

Do you think we could get Cathe to do an all band workout? I know she mentioned last year something about doing a travel workout and this would fit perfectly......

Denise

Do you think we could get Cathe to do an all band workout? I know she mentioned last year something about doing a travel workout and this would fit perfectly......

Denise

I would love an all band workout from Cathe! You just know it would be fantastic:)
I tried to get a good mix of band work into my workouts. I don't know if there are working the muscles differently, but it sure feels that way.

If anyone saw Hard Knocks on HBO this season, it was all about the Dallas Cowboys and the process of training camp. TO was shown working his bod with bands quite a bit. It's obvious the bands are a big part of his regime.

The Dallas Morning News interview with him--about his book and fitness regime--is pretty good and shows him working out in a video clip:

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcon...-nh_owens_0916liv.State.Edition1.51b8de6.html

I'm getting the book at lunch today so I'll report back with a mini review this afternoon!

Also, Cynthia, thanks for confirming the chairty work! In Hard Knocks, TO is the leader of the team (along with Tony Romo) and it showed him taking the rookie wide receivers under his wing and helping them build confidence and skills. I do know all the stories/history about him--I work in sports television--but I can tell you he's been pretty good since he's been here in Dallas and has done quite a bit in our community. So we'll keep him! LOL!

OK, I'm an idiot. The book comes out NEXT week, not this week, so I will not have my book report ready by lunchtime today. LOL! I should NOT post on the forum until I've had a big cup of coffee with my Coffee Mate Tiramasu creamer in it...

Last edited:
Can you tell I've never watched a football game in my life?:eek:
I'm not kidding. I've never watched a game. I don't know how the game is played, and who's who on any team.
I went to a couple of football games when I was in High School, but I didn't watch the game: my friends and I hung out and met up with guys.

I've made exactly one attempt to watch a football game on TV, when some friends of mine invited me to watch the Superbowl with them, saying they'd explain the game to me. It happened to be one of the most boring Superbowls (in their words) ever! We actually did more socializing than watching, and I still never figured out how it's played. '

My impression of football is little action, then long breaks, lots of throwing the ball and piling up.

(Not a sports fan, can you tell? LOL!)

Though I do have a question, from what little I do know about football (at least about players): is it obligatory that quarterbacks be handsome? LOL!( Jason Seahorne (sp?) comes to mind).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.