New Book-Terrell Owens Finding Fitness

Though I do have a question, from what little I do know about football (at least about players): is it obligatory that quarterbacks be handsome? LOL!( Jason Seahorne (sp?) comes to mind).

Actually, Jason Seahorn was a cornerback--defensive position. :) But he's HOT, no matter what position he plays!!

I have loved football since age 10. I work in sports, I love watching sports, and the opening weekend of college football/NFL is like a big holiday to me, LOL. I get giddy...eat way too much food...and watch TV until my eyes drop out of my head. Oh, wait, that was before I had a toddler. Now football TV time consists of running after her, glancing at the TV, and yelling out to my husband, "Who scored?" as I chase her down the hallway....LOL!

I'm with you Jane. Go Green Bay!! (although I'll admit I'm a little worried about Al Harris being able to match up against TO without getting penalties). TO is a big boy to cover.

Kathryn, which superbowl did you watch? Certainly not this last one where the Giants defeated the Pats?!? It was the best superbowl ever. The play where Manning miraculously escapes a sack and throws to Tyree to make the greatest catch ever all in one play was amazing. I am a huge NY fan if you couldn't tell.

As for TO...the clip looked good and he may be doing a lot in Dallas to improve his image but he made comments last week that he is what makes a team great. He is quite arrogant. He likes to showboat a lot which is not very good sportsmanship. I guess I will never like him, especially because he plays for Dallas.

Enjoy the games this weekend.

OK, so I went to Barnes & Noble at lunch and saw the book. I sat down with it, flipped through it, and decided since I don't have the band system, I really didn't need this book because thanks to Cathe, and the educated crowd here, I already knew a lot of the stuff in it. :)

The exercises are demonstrated with black & white photography, and he goes through the weights (but a lot of that stuff we are already doing.) The band stuff was really neat, but since I'm not investing in that *now*, I decided I could pass on the book. If I were getting a band system, then the book would be worthwhile for that aspect.

The nutrition stuff was stuff we talk about here, with samples of what to eat for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks.

And for all you Green Bay & NY Fans, there were LOTS of glossy pictures of TO for you to enjoy...or throw darts at. LOL!

So that's my mini review!

I do wish Cathe would do a band DVD, though. This just made me want that even more!

PS--Am I the ONLY Dallas Cowboys fan here? I'm beginning to feel lonely...HA!!

Kathryn, which superbowl did you watch? Certainly not this last one where the Giants defeated the Pats?!?
No. It was yeeeaars ago (must be more than 12, because I still lived in my old apartment). I have absolutely no recollection of who played, or what the score was!

OK, so I went to Barnes & Noble at lunch and saw the book. I sat down with it, flipped through it, and decided since I don't have the band system, I really didn't need this book because thanks to Cathe, and the educated crowd here, I already knew a lot of the stuff in it. :)

The exercises are demonstrated with black & white photography, and he goes through the weights (but a lot of that stuff we are already doing.) The band stuff was really neat, but since I'm not investing in that *now*, I decided I could pass on the book. If I were getting a band system, then the book would be worthwhile for that aspect.

The nutrition stuff was stuff we talk about here, with samples of what to eat for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks.

Thanks for the review! I appreciate the info.
I had the book in my amazon basket, but I think I'll pass. I hope you can return your copy:)

As an Eagles fan, I have absolutely zero beef with TO, he was part of the most exciting Eagles team I have witnessed in recent years. Sure, he may be arrogant, but in this day and age of a good portion of NFL players getting mug shots, Terrell Owens, while not a breath of fresh air by any means, isn't a bad person, either.

I hope he has nothing but success with his book, and I hope the Eagles and Cowboys play each other twice more, once in Philly, and again in the playoffs, this past Monday Night game was so much fun to watch.

" I guess I will never like him, especially because he plays for Dallas.

Enjoy the games this weekend."

Wow, so many haters for Dallas. I wasn't exactly thrilled when Jerry Jones picked up this guy, in fact I still hate him but I still love the Cowboys regardless and they have been to more superbowls (8 to be exact) then any other NFL team. So say what you want but HOW "'BOUT THEM COWBOYS!!!!!!!:eek:

As an Eagles fan, I have absolutely zero beef with TO, he was part of the most exciting Eagles team I have witnessed in recent years. Sure, he may be arrogant, but in this day and age of a good portion of NFL players getting mug shots, Terrell Owens, while not a breath of fresh air by any means, isn't a bad person, either.

I hope he has nothing but success with his book, and I hope the Eagles and Cowboys play each other twice more, once in Philly, and again in the playoffs, this past Monday Night game was so much fun to watch.

Jerry, I couldn't agree with you more--I was very excited about the Monday night game--because there is nothing better than COMPETITIVE football! I would love love love to see this match-up again in the playoffs. That was one of the best NFL games I've seen in a looooooooooooooog time and we definitely saw two of the best teams in the NFC this past Monday night. How fun!

I'm also looking forward to seeing how the Cowboys and Packers match-up in Green Bay Sunday night.

And aadams, thanks for not leaving me alone out here at the only Dallas Cowboys fan! :)

Jerry, I couldn't agree with you more--I was very excited about the Monday night game--because there is nothing better than COMPETITIVE football! I would love love love to see this match-up again in the playoffs. That was one of the best NFL games I've seen in a looooooooooooooog time and we definitely saw two of the best teams in the NFC this past Monday night. How fun!

I'm also looking forward to seeing how the Cowboys and Packers match-up in Green Bay Sunday night.

And aadams, thanks for not leaving me alone out here at the only Dallas Cowboys fan! :)

Boilergal...

I am so glad the NFC East is strong again, should be a fun ride all season.

Blowouts, in my opinion, are no fun to watch, I lose interest very quickly, whether or not the Eagles are winning or losing, this weeks games with Eagles vs. Steelers and Cowvoys v Packers should be great!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.