New Biggest Loser Tonight!!

dr.mel_PT

Cathlete
Is anyone gonna watch? I hope this season isn't as whiny as last season. I stopped watching 1/2 way through and attempted to watch it again on the New Year's marathon and I couldn't even get through 1 episode. Too much crying, whining, & complaining!!! Let's hope this season is a good one!

There is also a new show on TLC tonight at 9 called "One Big Happy Family" that's about a family trying to get healthy & lose weight. I really want to see this too!! Thank God for my DVR ;)

Yep, I'm watching it! Last season was very whiney (the worst) but I got through it! I'm looking forward to tonight!

I'm watching!! I love the Biggest Loser!

I also saw the previews for "One Big Happy Family" and it looks interesting. Thanks for the reminder to set my TiVo!!

It's so funny because I've been crying to my boyfriend about these 10 pounds that I want to lose and after watching the season finale last year, he looks at me and says, "These people have lost 100, 120, 140 pounds and you can't lose TEN??!!" :p:p

Me too!

I never miss a BL show. Yeah, they whine, but they're so out of shape. I am just amazed at the transformations every season.

I'm planing on watching it but I can't stand the commercials so I DVR it and watch it on Wed nights.
I agreee, the whinning was a bit much last season. Thanks for the tip on the other show...

Love the show and looking forward to the new season! They amaze me when I see the transformations at the end of the season. They work HARD!

Im going to watch. Last season was the first time watching the show. Not sure why they make them take shirts off in the beginning but not at the end of the show, so you could see the improvements.

I'm so excited this is on again! This last season was a little whiney, but I liked the fact that they weren't totally mean and nasty to each other like they were a season or two ago. (That was the one with couples, and I think a few of their names were Vickie and Heba and can't remember who else, but it was so mean-spirited that it became un-watchable for me.)

It's inspiring to see how hard they work, and their transformations are amazing! The guy who won last season, Danny (I think that's his name) doesn't look like the same person at all!

The guy who won last season, Danny (I think that's his name) doesn't look like the same person at all!

I know, he looks amazing!! He's pretty hot too IMO ;)

I forget what network it's on (maybe Discovery Health) but there's another show about former BL winner Erik who gained all his weight back. I feel so bad for him; he had lost so much and looked really great!

I do a lot of fast-forwarding. Sometimes there's just to much of the same old stuff. I do love the show though. I find the players so inspirational. And I love Bob & Jillian.

Annie

Removal of the shirts

I can't remember where I heard it, but I heard that they take their shirts off to show themselves and the world how fat they are; to put it all out there. That way they face the truth and they can't hide it.

I forget what network it's on (maybe Discovery Health) but there's another show about former BL winner Erik who gained all his weight back. I feel so bad for him; he had lost so much and looked really great!

He's promised Bob to weigh in at the finale at the end of this season (saw it on BL where are they now?) and Shay is coming back for the finale for the Subway challenge. Should be a really good finale.

I always watch BL also, but FF through a lot of it. I was glad NOT to see the Taco Bell Drive Thru diet being plugged on BL :D. Although it did look like Asics is now providing shoes & towels for all the contestants.

I saw a plug for that and am not sure I'm going to watch it. Both he and his wife were blaming the show for not continuing to offer him support after he won...claiming he was *used* and thrown out with the trash...
Obviously he is still not willing to take personal responsibility for his choices and probably won't have anymore success this time around with maintaining weight loss.
I was sad to see his bad attitude. Honestly, you were given 4 months of personal training and nutrition plus pre-show psychological aid then follow up care for the remaining time at home...you appeared to *get* it because you lost 200 pounds.....then a check for $250,000 which would pay for plenty more personal training, psychological care, and nutritionists...but it's the shows fault you gained it back!?!?! WTH!?!?!
I guess more proof that no matter the resources and finances no one else can DO the work for you.

Well said, horseshowmom!

I've watched this show from the first season and looked forward to last night's episode, but for some reason I got bored and disinterested. Maybe just so much of the same stuff over and over again? I almost feel like giving up on it and using the 2 hours for something more constructive...:(

Well said, horseshowmom!

I've watched this show from the first season and looked forward to last night's episode, but for some reason I got bored and disinterested. Maybe just so much of the same stuff over and over again? I almost feel like giving up on it and using the 2 hours for something more constructive...:(

Oh my, if I watched it all the way through, I don't think I would watch either. I fast forward through so much of it. Don't watch commercials, HATE them. Complete waste of time.

I saw a plug for that and am not sure I'm going to watch it. Both he and his wife were blaming the show for not continuing to offer him support after he won...claiming he was *used* and thrown out with the trash...
Obviously he is still not willing to take personal responsibility for his choices and probably won't have anymore success this time around with maintaining weight loss.
I was sad to see his bad attitude. Honestly, you were given 4 months of personal training and nutrition plus pre-show psychological aid then follow up care for the remaining time at home...you appeared to *get* it because you lost 200 pounds.....then a check for $250,000 which would pay for plenty more personal training, psychological care, and nutritionists...but it's the shows fault you gained it back!?!?! WTH!?!?!
I guess more proof that no matter the resources and finances no one else can DO the work for you.

Oh wow I didn't know they were blaming the show. The plug I saw was a quick blurb on the new shows premiering on DHealth for the New Year so I didn't get much info, just his before & after pics. That is so sad that they're blaming the show for his gaining the weight back! You need to take responsibility for your own actions. I seriusly doubt NBC made daily visits to his house post-BL and force-fed him thousands of calories and chained him to a couch so he couldn't workout!! Wow, what a waste of resources...

Now the skeptic in me is wondering if he just didn't care to keep up the regimen knowing if he gained that weight back, he would prob get a deal out of it...that's a big what-if but still, makes me think...

I was really interested in what Erik had to say about regaining his weight. I saw the end of an ad for some show where he was saying he got no support after the show, that was all I heard. My thought at that moment was, "it's reality tv, what did you expect"??? Most of the people who were on the show kept off a lot of the weight they had lost.

I guess I am going to seek out the show where he talks about regaining the weight just to see what he says. I do feel he needs to take personal responsibility for his actions in regaining the weight. All of us on this forum know how really difficult it is to fight the tide of unhealthy habits in the US for our own health. We know it is a conscious choice every day (every minute), but one we choose to make for our health.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.