New, and greedy!

SnowyOwl

Cathlete
Hi everyone, I have been lurking on this board for a month or so, and now that I finally made it through MIS in its entirety I finally feel bold enough to post!

Although I have been active all my life (I'm 37 now, fighting that post 35 metabolism!) and done strength training in the gym and at home, I am new to Cathe's tapes. I got MIS a month ago, then when I found a Canadian distributor, I got BodyMax, MIC and Interval Max and I am HOOKED! I want more! more! MORE! And now I've found that the Canadian distributor is carrying the CTX series - I can feel my VISA card burning a hole in my wallet!

Now, my question - is this too soon for me, considering I've only been using Cathe's tapes for about a month? I've never done Body Max all the way through, for instance, I've combined sections of it with parts of MIC or whatever. I've been using some FIRM tapes too in my mix (I'm just starting to figure out the rotation thing from reading the back posts). And I am *very* happy with how my body is feeling.

But I want the CTX tapes! I want them now! Is this too soon? Am I being too greedy? Another consideration is that I'm a WOH mom of two, so I get my workout time in after they go to bed, and I'm thinking that the CTX format would be more time-efficient? I try to get in 4-5 "real" workouts a week, the rest of the days I rest or do an easy walk.

I would greatly appreciate any thoughts!

Sophie

Go ahead, Sophie!

It sounds like the CTX tapes would be great for you. They are intense, but the shorter cardio segments make them very do-able. Plus, you can always modify out some of the higher impact stuff if it's too intense for you. From what you've described of your workouts, I don't think they'd be too difficult for you. You might need to do a little rewinding to learn some of the choreography, since some of the workouts are based on being familiar with Cathe's choreography. (All Step is probably the trickiest, choreography-wise, but with a little patience you'll probably get the whole thing down pat by the 3rd time.) I've been working out off-and-on for about 12 years now, but I'm by no means super-advanced; I have no problem at all with the CTX tapes. Just be sure to take a little extra rest if you need it and use the weight amounts that you can handle safely. (I for one am using less weight than Cathe and crew are -- my muscles are too fatigued after the cardio to go that heavy.)

Lynne Lounsbury :-jumpy (love that little green guy!)

RE: Get the tapes!!

GET THE TAPES!! GET THE TAPES!! GET THE TAPES!! Ok, I think I made my point!! I'm a mother of 3 and I love my 8-pak!!! GET THE TAPES!!!

I'm from Canada as well.(the prairies) I ordered my first tapes for me and my daughter to share about 2 years ago. I started with StepFit, StepJam, Step Heat and PowerMax. Once I got these tapes I was hooked. I also bought the MI Series, the PS series and then recently the 8 pack. Each group seems to offer something a little different and are well worth it. I am really enjoying the CTX series. If you are not familiar with Cathe's step routines it might take a little extra time to learn the combos in CTX but after that its like having a great class every day. These tapes don't get boring because the time to learn the combos is taken out, you just jump in there and do.

RE: I say go for it and get the new tapes - you'll catch on

Hey, I bet it is Saskatchewan that you live in judging from your e-mail address. Me too. Whereabouts in Saskatchewan are you?

It is great to see more Canadians on this forum. We will be able to relate to the cold winter soon to come. And you are both right about finding the Canadian distributer (for me CK Sales). If it were not for that, I know I would own way less new tapes because the exchange and duty is just too onerous.

KIm

Thanks, grrrls!
I think I already had my mind made up, but I just needed some extra validation. I ordered them last night - GASP. I've justified it by telling myself that with a outside job, a 3 year old and a 1.5 year old, I am NOT going to be getting a gym membership anytime soon, and because the weather is turning, I will be getting a lot less outdoor exercise in (right now, walking, hiking and playing soccer).
I'm in Alberta so I think we're all in the same boat with the thoroughly dark and miserable winters.

I'm so glad I found these tapes. I always thought of exercise videos as something that might fill the gap till you could get to a "real" class or a gym, now I see they can actually take you up a level in fitness. Plus I love being able to customize my workout and do it when it fits my schedule.

So glad to find some other Canadians here, too!

Thanks again,
Sophie

You're right it is Saskatchewan. I read your Bio and see you're from LaRonge. A few years back I took my son to a hockey camp and we stayed at a campground called Nutters point. It was such a pretty place. I'm about 3 hrs south of LaRonge, in Prince Albert. Sophie would you be close to Edmonton or Calgary. I have relatives and friends in both places. By the way, I ordered all my videos through Cathe. With the discounts offered I felt I would still get a better deal. I pre-ordered the 8 pack and the cost averaged about 21.50 per tape (cdn$).:-hmmm

You're right it is Saskatchewan. I read your Bio and see you're from LaRonge. A few years back I took my son to a hockey camp and we stayed at a campground called Nutters point. It was such a pretty place. I'm about 3 hrs south of LaRonge, in Prince Albert. Sophie would you be close to Edmonton or Calgary. I have relatives and friends in both places. By the way, I ordered all my videos through Cathe. With the discounts offered I felt I would still get a better deal. I pre-ordered the 8 pack and the cost averaged about 21.50 per tape (cdn$).:-hmmm

Wow, Paulette (did I get that right!) that did turn out to be a good deal if it included exchange, gst and customs fees. My 8 pack from CK came to about the same per tape. It was really fast since I'm in the same province, and I kind of like having all the charges happen at once. Plus they can leave the package by the door instead of me going to the post office to pay the custom fees.

Still, if there was a series I was anxious to get and pre-order, it's good to know that it's still cost-effective! I will keep that in mind for the future, since I plan to keep this habit for a long long time.

BTW I am in Lethbridge, about 2 hours south of Calgary. I have relatives there, and it's nice to have a big city to visit once in a while. The only relative I have in SK is a BIL in Regina, and I've only been there a few times (for the Labour Day Classic!)

How many Canadians visit these forums do you think? I don't know anyone up here who's ever heard of Cathe (and I am a neophyte myself), but I'm trying to spread the word.

Sophie

RE: Canadian Content

You know I really don't have a clue how many "posties" are Canadian. I'm pleased there's some of us...eh!;-) If Lethbridge is anything like PA, there's not a great selection of videos and exercise equipment around without paying a price. I just lucked onto Cathe's site and ordered my first videos about 2 years ago. Sure glad I did. I have not run into one person yet who's heard of her.(too bad) :-(

Wouldn't it be neat to have a Canadian contingent attend the VF Trip. Of course I need to find out what you need to do to be considered but it sure sounds like fun. :)

BTW are you a Brownie Leader. Isn't SnowyOwl one of the leaders name? That's what it reminds me of.

Sophie, how are you making our with all those new videos? Are you still :-jumpy

Paulette

Prince Albert is only 2 1/2 hours away

if you drive the speed limit that is. That is so cool that you live in Prince Albert. I was just there the other day on my way home from Saskatoon (and Regina visiting my date). Perhaps we will have to get together and work out some day.

As for Cathe's new tapes, I ordered them from CK Sales and ended up paying $136.50 for all 8 of them, including shipping, etc. I guess that works out to be about $17 per tape, which is not too bad.

We have snow here this morning and I guess it is time to pull out the winter gear.

BTW, you would have stayed at Nut Point when you camped here in La Ronge. Nutter's is the name of some store in PA isn't it? :)

Gotta run and get my a.m. workout in.

Kim

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.