need vitamin/mineral recommendations

Kimenem

Cathlete
Here's the deal: feel free to weigh in on any part of this :D

I want to lose about 60 pounds (yes, I need to). I've started (3 days in) a program where you have 3 protein shakes (can add fruits as well) per day and 2 lean cuisine type entrees. In addition, you add 5 servings of fruits and vegetables. HOWEVER...I'm learning that hair loss can be a side effect of significant weight loss (like 30 + pounds). I know certain fad diets don't offer enoughy nutrients which can cause the hair loss, so I want to make sure I take a GOOD multi-vitamin/mineral supplement. Currently, I'm already taking 500mg vit C, Fish Oil, Evening Primrose Oil, vit D, and Biotin. Any suggestions?

Kimenem said:
Here's the deal: feel free to weigh in on any part of this :D

I want to lose about 60 pounds (yes, I need to). I've started (3 days in) a program where you have 3 protein shakes (can add fruits as well) per day and 2 lean cuisine type entrees. In addition, you add 5 servings of fruits and vegetables. HOWEVER...I'm learning that hair loss can be a side effect of significant weight loss (like 30 + pounds). I know certain fad diets don't offer enoughy nutrients which can cause the hair loss, so I want to make sure I take a GOOD multi-vitamin/mineral supplement. Currently, I'm already taking 500mg vit C, Fish Oil, Evening Primrose Oil, vit D, and Biotin. Any suggestions?

I swear by everything from Dr Mercola including his protein powder and supplements. Check him out at Mercola.com

Also I would stay away from as much processed food as possible.

Susan

Hi Kim,

I actually don't take a multi vitamin. If I did, I would surely take his.

As info, this is what I take from him:

Vitamin K
Joint Support
Ubiquinol
Probiotics
D-Mannose
Krill Oil

I get my vitamin D from my chiropractor, which is in drops vs. pills. I also take Vitamin C and calcium, but those are just Nature Made brand.

I just discovered a podcast called Revolution Health Radio, which led me to Chris Kresser You might want to see if he says anything about supplements and weight loss. I know he has a lot of content on weight loss and the podcast I listened to can be found here: Why It’s So Hard To Lose Weight – And Keep It Off

Very interesting stuff! Best of luck!!! I know it's a hard road, but you can do it!

Susan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.