Need help with deciding about nj rt..kids??

erin1621

Cathlete
I so want to try to attend the no rt. I live about 2hrs away so hotel is a must. My hubby said he would come with the kids. But then I realized I would be gone all day! My kids are 4 n 2 .. Is it doable ? Will I be gone for long periods??? Or will there be good breaks?? Thoughts??? Suggestions?

I so want to try to attend the no rt. I live about 2hrs away so hotel is a must. My hubby said he would come with the kids. But then I realized I would be gone all day! My kids are 4 n 2 .. Is it doable ? Will I be gone for long periods??? Or will there be good breaks?? Thoughts??? Suggestions?

I went last year and I have to say you are probably better off going by yourself. I thought about bringing my family, but then you worry about them the whole time and it would be hard to enjoy the trip. And I say this because on Saturday (especially) you will be busy the entire day at Cathe's gym. There really isn't any down time. You don't even have time to shower between classes. Not saying you have to go to all of the scheduled events, it's just really a time to hang with Cathe and other Cathletes.

Hi Erin! I agree with Jenn...you are nonstop busy from mid Friday til after breakfast on Sunday. Also, you will really want to grab as much sleep as you can when you do return to the hotel from the events at the gym. You are more then welcome to have them come but I think you would enjoy it so much more if you can spend all your time with Cathe & all the new friends you are going to make! :D Hope to see you there!!

Hi Erin,
I agree with Debbie and Jenn. You will have so much more fun if you are not thinking about the kids. Not to mention the fact that you really, really don't have time for them....

If it is an option, leave the hubby AND kids at home and have a fantastic, girl time, YOU time weekend. You will return home energized, re-charged and ecstatic and your husband and kids will reap the benefits!

I wish I was going with you to Glassboro and could meet you (and Debbie-in person-finally!) Have a ball!

Erin- the girls are right. Even if you bring them they have to deal with not being able to see you. I felt really bad leaving my boys constantly @ Disney, and I actually got to see them there. It wouldn't be the case @ NJ, though. So if you know you'll feel guilty, then they should stay behind :(. If they can deal with knowing they won't see you (probably harder with little ones), then they can just go do their own thing all day.

Either way, I'd really attempt to go if I were you. It's a great experience, and if it weren't for my Sabbath, I wouldn't even think twice about trying to make another RT. But for me, missing the majority of the classes, is more of an issue (to me) of not really being fair to another Cathlete that could have had my spot (& attend every class). So.....go!

I agree with everyone. Although your hubby and kids are more than welcome to join you, it is an enormously busy weekend with very little down time. I honestly don't think you would be able to carve out any substantial time for them unless you missed some of our schedule events. I think in order to get the full effect of the roadtrip as a "Cathlete" you really need to come alone or with another "Cathlete". Hopefully that is an option for you. Good luck with your decision Erin :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.