Need Fit Tower / STS Tower Alternatives Please

sunbird

I'm interested in purchasing the Fit Tower DVD's but the Fit Tower itself is no longer in production. What are your recommendations? I want to make sure the tower meets the specifications needed to do the Fit Tower workouts.

Also, I would like to start STS soon and read on here that an STS Tower is needed for some of those workouts. What could I substitute for that?

I currently have an Original Fluidity Barre that I was hoping would be compatible, but it looks very different than the Fit Tower. Any help or guidance is appreciated!

Thank you!

I have STS & 2 of the Fit Tower dvds & don't have a tower. The first time with STS I did both the squat rack & Plyo leg option in Meso 3 ... I used a barbell and a weighted vest for the squat rack option. I used bands for pull-downs & chin-ups - Cathe has crew demonstrating these options. The 2nd time with STS I purchased squat racks (from Valor fitness) and stretched a padded bodybar across them for pull-ups & chin-ups - works fine for me as I'm not strong enough for full chin-ups/pull-ups. I use the squat racks with a step-bench to rest the barbell for chest work too - just as Cathe uses her tower. It can also work as a barre for Fit Tower dvds, but so can a chair or railing or a wall. And you can do the band options for chin-ups/pullups, or a chin-up bar if you have one.

It depends on how much weight you can safely lift over your head as to whether you "need" a squat rack or tower for squats. But a weighted vest is helpful (I did try putting dumbells and plates in a backpack as an option - didn't care for it- moved & slipped around too much).

Maybe some more Cathletes can chime in as to what they use ....

I have STS & 2 of the Fit Tower dvds & don't have a tower. The first time with STS I did both the squat rack & Plyo leg option in Meso 3 ... I used a barbell and a weighted vest for the squat rack option. I used bands for pull-downs & chin-ups - Cathe has crew demonstrating these options. The 2nd time with STS I purchased squat racks (from Valor fitness) and stretched a padded bodybar across them for pull-ups & chin-ups - works fine for me as I'm not strong enough for full chin-ups/pull-ups. I use the squat racks with a step-bench to rest the barbell for chest work too - just as Cathe uses her tower. It can also work as a barre for Fit Tower dvds, but so can a chair or railing or a wall. And you can do the band options for chin-ups/pullups, or a chin-up bar if you have one.

It depends on how much weight you can safely lift over your head as to whether you "need" a squat rack or tower for squats. But a weighted vest is helpful (I did try putting dumbells and plates in a backpack as an option - didn't care for it- moved & slipped around too much).

Maybe some more Cathletes can chime in as to what they use ....
Ah, this is fantastic and so helpful Debinmi! Thank you for your thorough and detailed reply. I'm also not strong enough for full chin/pull-ups so your suggestions will be perfect!!

I actually still have the really old STS Tower that can be used for pull ups/chin ups as well as a barre. I'll be digging it out of my closet for my STS Back and Biceps workout on Friday! :D

I use paralette bars for dips, pull ups (under the bars) and all kinds of other functional work. They work great in lieu of an actual Fit Tower. You can buy them online. Mine comes up to about my belly button. Perfect height.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.