Need advise on which to buy?

lorab

Hi,
I'm looking for a new video for Weight Training. I only have dumpbells and I would like to know which one might work best with that. I'm not a heavy lifter "Yet". Been doing mainly Karen Voight's Great Weighted workout, and some of the Firms stuff. Which one of Cathe's would you recommend for a good over all one that I could grow with? Lora

Power Hour or MIS. They are total body and you can grow with them. PS is another great series, but then you'd have to buy 3 tapes instead of one. CTX has great weight work too, but that's 6 tapes! Any Cathe is a great buy, I'll be honest with you. And just my two cents, but you might want to start saving now for a barbell. I too only had dumbells when I began, but a barbell really is great! Have fun and I hope you get something you really enjoy!

MIS

I think that MIS is better than PH for growing with. You can do it just fine without a barbell. Then when you're ready to add a barbell to your equipment, it will be all fresh and new again! :)

RE: MIS

I too agree with MIS as a "first" weights video. You can grow with it forever basically.
As for a barbell, shop around the net, sometimes you can come across a sale on sets. I know I got mine from Dunham's Sports for $59.00, and it included a 5'barbell, (2)dumbbell handles, collars, spring clasps, and 70# of plates.
Sporting goods stores have frequent sales.
Donna

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.