Need a new barbell - suggestions please

mj051279

I have a birthday coming up soon and I need (okay don't need just want) a new barbell. Does anyone remember the type that Cathe uses in the Intensity series? Or does anyone have any other suggestions. Thanks!

Iuse the Troy Lite system from fitnessfirst.com, it is excellent, but more expewnsive than the escalada sports one Cathe sues.

You might look at the weight of the bar alone, the coating on the plates, the different weight sizes the plates are divided into, the types of clips used and see what works for you. The Troy lite bar weighs 5 pounds only, it gives 10, 7 and half, 5 and 2 and half pound plates and I find this suits me for every muscle from quads down to triceps and biceps.

It costs around $100 with shipping, at least it did last January.

Clare

I LOVE the Troy light set. Cathe uses it in CTX, I think. It's compact, with the bar only weighing 5#. The weights are rubber coated, and you can buy extra ones that range from 2.5#-10#. I got mine at www.fitness1st.com I picked up a couple of extra plates (2.5# and 10#) at the same time.

The Troy Lite Barbell is my favorite as well. When I bought it in April I paid around $80 total (from fitness1st). I have the Wal-Mart barbell set but I like the Troy a lot better.

Vickie:)

Troy Lite - that is the one I was trying to remember. Thank you all so much! I'm off to print the web page and give to hubby tonight!

ANOTHER vote for the Troy Lite System! LOVE mine and I have two other kinds of barbells. Troy is the very best!:7 HAPPY BIRTHDAY soon!!!
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

>:7 HAPPY
>BIRTHDAY soon!!!
>Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH

Debbie, thank you for the birthday wishes. DH has the webpage link in hand. Now I just wait!!!:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.