Need a blender recommendation

jancpa

Cathlete
Our Cuisinart gave out on us yesterday and I am at a loss without my smoothies. I'd like to get a new blender today. Any recommendations for a great blender under $75?

I hope this link works:

http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/kitchendining/brandsforkitchen/hamiltonbeach/PRD~258859/Hamilton+Beach+12Speed+Blender+and+Chopper.jsp

I LOVE this blender, AND it comes with a chopper (they call it a chopper, but I'd call it a mini food processor attachment). This blender has been totally awesome since the day I got it. I had been looking for something that would crush ALL the ice, ice cream or veggies (spinach, etc) that I tossed in, as opposed to mixing the stuff up but having the ice cubes get stuck at the bottom. I've had it for about 2 years and I use both attachments equally. I go thru a smoothie spell every now and then and NEVER have a problem with it!!!

I recently got this one:

http://www.amazon.com/KitchenAid-56-2doz-2e-Polycarbonate-5-2dSpeed-Blender/dp/B000CSNVE2/ref=pd_ys_iyr3

For $88. It does crush ice nicely and I love the design. The blender part is all once piece (except the lid) and it's easy to wash in the dishwasher. When making smoothies, as I've found to be the case with all blenders I've used, unless I put in just a whole lot of liquid, I have to stop it a few times and stir it a bit to get it moving again. I'd love one of the ones like Smoothie King has where you can just throw everything in and walk away, but those cost about $500 sadly.

I have and LOVE my Ninja!! http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/kit...ja+Master+Prep+Blender+and+Food+Processor.jsp

I love it because it crushes ice, makes a mean smoothie, crushes cookies to make crumbs, turns ice and fruit into sorbet in a snap, is easy to clean, and it's blue:eek: I've had it since Christmas and it hasn't let me down yet.

Gayle(banslug) knows her kitchen appliances-I've been helped many times by her(thanks Gayle!), so I'm sure the Hamilton Beach blender/chopper works fabulously too! :D

Good luck!

I have The Bullet & it does a nice job & comes with two diff blades depending on what you are blending. Also, comes with a variety of cups. Kohl's carries them and they are running a sale on them now, plus offering coupons for each customer that range from 15% to 30% off. (you pick your coupon at the register and HOPE you get the 30%!!! Ha! If you are a Kohl's shopper, you should have received a coupon in the mail a couple days ago) If you are looking for a bigger blender, Gayle's suggestion might be a better choice. Good Luck!

http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/kit...Magic+Bullet+Express+17pc+Blending+System.jsp

Last edited:
Thanks everyone! I have a 20% off coupon for Kohls so I'm headed there. I really appreciate all of the recommendations!

I wondered if anyone was going to mention Vitamix! That's what's on my wish list! I can't have one until my current blender dies though - darn it! :eek:

I love my Vitamix too! I wasn't going to suggest it here due to the "under $75" criteria, but it's been the best blender I've ever had.

So I traded it in for a Blendtec, which I just LOVE!

Good luck and happy blending! :D

We have the Blendtec, which we love too. I've killed a kitchenaid and a cuisnart. Have you checked out the Blendtec videos on Youtube. This thing will crush marbles and iphones.

:D

Hmmm, I wonder if I could come up with a good explanation of how my old iPhone got in the blender, so I can have the new one? ;) Of course, my blender isn't quite that powerful! LOL!

We have the Blendtec, which we love too. I've killed a kitchenaid and a cuisnart. Have you checked out the Blendtec videos on Youtube. This thing will crush marbles and iphones.

Hmmm, I wonder if I could come up with a good explanation of how my old iPhone got in the blender, so I can have the new one? ;) Of course, my blender isn't quite that powerful! LOL!

Tricia, You are a bad, bad girl! You could always - oops - drop the phone a few times. Worked for my DS20. I think he gave it a kick or two.

When you buy the Blendtec buy some ear plugs too. It loses points for being loud, but then again it does have a 3hp motor.

I hope this link works:

http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/kitchendining/brandsforkitchen/hamiltonbeach/PRD~258859/Hamilton+Beach+12Speed+Blender+and+Chopper.jsp

I LOVE this blender, AND it comes with a chopper (they call it a chopper, but I'd call it a mini food processor attachment). This blender has been totally awesome since the day I got it. I had been looking for something that would crush ALL the ice, ice cream or veggies (spinach, etc) that I tossed in, as opposed to mixing the stuff up but having the ice cubes get stuck at the bottom. I've had it for about 2 years and I use both attachments equally. I go thru a smoothie spell every now and then and NEVER have a problem with it!!!

I have a Hamilton Beach very similar to this, except that it has a dispenser. The Wave action works really well and it's really handled everything I threw at it- and I'm tough on blenders. By the way, add a little rum and whey protein to any smoothie and that takes care of all your food groups!

Mmmm...a marble-iphone-whey protein-rum smoothie... yum!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.