Natural-looking tan with body lotion

jrichards111

Cathlete
Hi,
Hope everyone is doing well.
Summer is approaching, while I'm working out daily and trying to get in the best shape I can, I also want to achieve a tanned-look without the sun damage. Does anyone have a recommendation for a body lotion that can achieve a natural tan-look gradually? I have never used a self-tanner before. I do not want to have streaks. I don't trust myself to apply properly. :p

I read about Palmer's Natural Broze Body Lotion and it has good reviews.

Any thoughts??

Justina

A friend just recommended Nature's Gate Glow. I haven't tried it yet but it looked great on her. It has no parabens. I saw it at Target for $12.95 for a good size bottle. It is in the aisle with the "natural" cosmetics. Her only suggestions was to be sure and wash your hands when you are finished applying. She has tried a number of these and this is her new favorite.

Thanks! Sounds great. Have to check it out this weekend. When I was younger I never considered sun damage. Now I don't go out of my house without SPF!

Hi Kariev,

I have used the regular Famous Dave's in the past. I looked at the link but couldn't find the gradual tanner. I would be interested in trying that one.

A friend just recommended Nature's Gate Glow. I haven't tried it yet but it looked great on her. It has no parabens. I saw it at Target for $12.95 for a good size bottle. It is in the aisle with the "natural" cosmetics. Her only suggestions was to be sure and wash your hands when you are finished applying. She has tried a number of these and this is her new favorite.

Thanks for this suggestion, I just ordered this on Amazon. :)

Grace: his tanner absorbs fast! Like within 5 minutes and it doesn't feel greasy or sticky. I use it on my whole body and can dress immediately afterwards. This is the only tanner I've found to absorb so fast.

I like the Jergen's natural glow gradual tanning lotion, I have found that you need to go to an every other day schedule with it after you get close to how dark you want- otherwise it tends to get orange. I would also recomend getting the Dark, I am very pale skinned, and for some reason the medium has a different tone that is strange looking on me. Now I am all tempted by the Dave's though:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.