My Turbo Barre Review

xschwarz

Cathlete
I am an oldie but goodie fan of Cathe's, although I have ventured into to different goals for my workouts. At 49 y.o. I am judicious with high impact and extreme intensity workouts...preferring light weight/high rep or body weight type workouts.

Turbo Barre is a masterpiece.

Focus, balace, poise, posture, endurance, grace.

I loved the incredible upper body workout to start, allowing the arms to rest and focus on form for the remainder of the workout, always feeling the warmth.

The barre work was challenging, I cannot complete all the reps on the 2nd side of each set.

Cathe did am amazing job with the stretching after each focused muscle group. The stretches were kind to the burned out muscles. The stretches are well thought out and perfect in length between new sets.

I think my decision to start with Turbo Barre was a wise one. Perhaps Yoga tomorrow before venturing into more intensity.

I must pace myself as clearly this series is not a sprint to see how crazy I can workout but a marathon to combine workouts and see how best they can compliment each other and challenge my level of fitness.

A+

I did the Turbo Barre last night, too. I did the Leg Express PreMix. Knowing that this one was coming, I had been doing plenty of Physique 57 (barre)workouts to "get ready." I knew I would like Cathe's barre workout better than P57, & I did. I LOVE this workout! Maybe I shouldn't have done this one the day after AfterBurn, though... my butt cheeks needed a long, hot shower this morning to quit screaming... LOL;)

After reading this review and watching a co-worker's slowly evolving DOMS creep through her body (she did Turbo Barre last night!) I've decided to do Turbo Barre tonight! I had a rest day yesterday, so I'm going to give it my all :eek:! I'm sure tomorrow will be one of the Yoga routines! :p

I LOVE this workout. I wasn't even super excited about this one, but so far, it's my favorite (I'm only on the third disc. : ) ). Legs were on FIRE. Surprised by the awesome arm burn as well. This will be on a regular rotation for sure. I can't wait for my daughter, who's a dancer, to try this with me. :eek:

Most excellent workout, my DOMS came later as well then tried Athletic Training last night which I should've taken a rest but got through most of it. CS is my next workout.

Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you for your review! I am on mesocycle III - disc 31 - so I can't do the LIS as fast as I'd like to (or rather I am not doing the LIS workouts as fast as I'd like to) and I was really hoping to read a review for this workout! I previewed it (while at work, bad girl) and am dying to try it. I know my legs will be on fire!! My butt is still recovering from Trisets - lower body that I did Tues pm.

I think I will do this workout next!

Oh my! Did Turbo Barre last night...PHENOMENAL!!!!! Loved Cathe's cuing throughout...loved the moves...loved utilizing my equipment...loved waking up with the promise of DOMS to come ;)! Thanx Cathe!!!!

Thanks for sharing your great review! I'm hooked on barre workouts so I think I'm really going to enjoy this one because I know I won't be disappointed with the intensity.. I can't wait to feel the burn and the challenge!I think tomorrow definetely it will be a Turbobarre day. :)

Where can you buy the barre that Cathe uses in Turbo Barre?

I love the workout. Used a chair, but would really like the barre. Can anyone tell me if Cathe sells it (couldn't find it in the store), or where I could purchase it ? Thanks

I love the workout. Used a chair, but would really like the barre. Can anyone tell me if Cathe sells it (couldn't find it in the store), or where I could purchase it ? Thanks

Cathe sells it - it's the Turbo Tower. Also, I think some sporting goods stores carry it, & I know that Amazon.com has it. I have it & I love it - I use it a lot with weight training, too.

We used our turbo towers for barres. So if you have that, it works fine (as does your chair). If you have other workouts of mine that use our turbo tower as a weight bench you will now get additional use out of it.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.