My step slides a bit while working out !

rgs424

Cathlete
Cathe or anyone,

My step, whether I use risers or not, tends to slide on my tile floor during a step aerobic workout. I had placed these rug grippers underneath each riser, but they still slide a bit, and I am not 100% comfortable with that.

Would any sports stores sell any 'special' grippers that my step would sit on top of and stay sturdy and in place while I do my workout(that do not increase the height of my step) ?

THANKS IN ADVANCE !!!!!!!! :D :D

Hello rgs,

I wanted to tell you that my step did the same thing. I have wood floors and the only thing that works for me is a workout mat. It never slides on my this way. Hope this helps!

Barbara

Yes, I have a wood floors also and use a workout mat. I have yoga sticky mat. I actually double over the ends so that it doesn't stick out on the ends and it works great.

I have a large 8 X 5 foot industrial size rubber floor mat that was used in our local gym in the weight room. It works great under a step!

I bought some weather stripping and stuck it under all edges of my step, has been working great so far.

I also have tile floors. I purchased the thinest yoga mat I could find (Target) and put that underneath and it doesn't budge! Good luck!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.