My Sad Valentine's Day

Jaffas

Cathlete
Tonight we had to have our kitty Slinky put to sleep. The ordeal started on Monday with him being unable to pee. We have been to the vet everyday this week. Today an ultrasound revealed large tumors in his bladder and kidneys. We brought him home hoping to keep him until Monday but by evening we realized it was time. He was the sweetest cat I've ever known so he chose the right day to go.

Attachments

• IMG_0043.jpg
    IMG_0043.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 53
And such a beautiful baby she was. And you're right, her choosing to pass on Valentine's Day is like a little love note to her mommy, saying "Don't worry about me."

Tonight we had to have our kitty Slinky put to sleep. The ordeal started on Monday with him being unable to pee. We have been to the vet everyday this week. Today an ultrasound revealed large tumors in his bladder and kidneys. We brought him home hoping to keep him until Monday but by evening we realized it was time. He was the sweetest cat I've ever known so he chose the right day to go.

So sorry :( ((hugs))

{{{Gabrielle}}}

So sorry to hear this. Bless you for loving him enough to let him go and no longer be in pain.

{{{Gabrielle}}}
I'm so sorry about Slinky.

Perhaps Valentine's day is appropriate, because what you did for your kitty was an act of love.

Be sure to celebrate his life and the good times you had together.

If you'd like , I'm sure we'd love to hear some about Slinky's life: the nutty things he used to do (ALL cats do nutty things, don't they?), his favorite games, etc.

(I found it very helpful for me to get past the pain of my cat Scooter's passing when I could share some of his life with forum members here. It was bittersweet, and I was in tears while I was posting, but it helped relieve the grief some).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.