My poor kitty :(

Did the vet suggest food that would help prevent the crystals? I had a cat die from that 20 years ago and I still feel so bad - I didn't know there was one food better than another!

tess, there is a food that will help. probably k/d (kidney diet) but hte vet will tell you. it IS a good thing that you took him in immediately because a blockage is VERY serious and they can die.

so glad pookie is going to be okay.

Oh no! Hoping you're kitty is on the mend SOON!

After the recent scare I had with my divine feline, I completely sympathize!

Susan L.G.

>Did the vet suggest food that would help prevent the
>crystals?

It depends on the PH of the urine. One type of crystals forms in urine that is too acid, another type forms in urine that is too alkaline (one is 'struvite" and the other is something like oxyate?). Two of my male cats have the exact opposite tendency, but a new Science Diet food called "CD" takes care of preventing both types of crystals.

They took his catheter out today and they are monitoring him to see how he does on his own today. The doc did mention a special diet that he will need to go on but he still doesn't know what caused it since there were no crystals in his urine or stones in the xray. His blood work came back normal too. I can bring him home tomorrow assuming he does OK today.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.