My new Octane elliptical has arrived!

lori254

Cathlete
WOOHOO! It arrived this afternoon. :D:D:D Can't wait to get home and play with it some, figure out all the little doodads on the console. Tonight was supposed to be a Meso 1 Disc 4 night, but I think I'll have to move that one to tomorrow night.

WOO HOO!!!!!!! Congratulations on your new toy!!! :D

Enjoy it, and do please come back with a full report after your first workout. Might I suggest you christen it with Cardio Coach? :cool:

Last edited:
WOO HOO!!!!!!! Congratulations on your new toy!!! :D

Enjoy it, and do please come back with a full report after your first workout. Might I suggest you christen it with Cardio Coach? :cool:

But of course :)
btw...I was never all that excited about doing cardio on a machine until I became acquainted with Coach Sean and his audio downloads. Does he have any DVD's? Can you imagine working out while listening to and LOOKING AT Coach Sean:D:D:p? Naw...maybe not, false HR reading....

But of course :)
btw...I was never all that excited about doing cardio on a machine until I became acquainted with Coach Sean and his audio downloads. Does he have any DVD's? Can you imagine working out while listening to and LOOKING AT Coach Sean:D:D:p? Naw...maybe not, false HR reading....
I'd love it if he'd put out DVD's!!! How awesome would that be!!? :eek: :D

Woo Hoo Lori!!

Enjoy your new toy! I "heart" my Octane elliptical:) Just wanted to let you know the calorie count and mileage is over exaggerated. Wear a HRM if you want to track your calorie burn accurately.

Ditto on what Michele said.....Cardio Coach is a must! I just did Volume 8 on my elliptical this morning.

Congrats. :D
Just ordered a Horizon elliptical yesterday, it should come next week. I can't wait. This way I can get a second cardio daily, while watching tv in the evening. Autumn

First Workout on the New Elliptical

So tonight I did my first workout on my new elliptical. Unfortunately, last night ended up being a 'lay on the couch, eat junk and watch the Sopranos' night...me bad! Anyway, I love this machine. I have short legs :( and the stride is adjustable, you just measure your leg length to hip socket and then program in to get your right stride length. Then it actually readjusts throughout the workout, depending on speed. It came with a chest strap HR monitor. There are all kinds of doodads for different types of workouts, such as "glute kicker", "arm blaster", "X-mode", lower body blast, upper body blast, core focus, total body blast, powerwalk, dual direction; goal programs such as 350 calories, 750 calories, 10K, 1/2 marathon, intervals, etc. There are a total of 20 programs. I only used the manual settings and Coach Sean. It'll take me a while to use all the other settings.
It's great to have the convenience of working out at home, rather than having to go to the gym and wait for a machine, then be limited to 30 minutes if others are waiting. And I know I'll use it -- since I found Coach Sean (thanks Michele :D), I'm motivated and look forward to Cardio.

Congrats. :D
Just ordered a Horizon elliptical yesterday, it should come next week. I can't wait. This way I can get a second cardio daily, while watching tv in the evening. Autumn

After your first workout, please let us know how you like your new elliptical!

Woo Hoo Lori!!

Enjoy your new toy! I "heart" my Octane elliptical:) Just wanted to let you know the calorie count and mileage is over exaggerated. Wear a HRM if you want to track your calorie burn accurately.

Ditto on what Michele said.....Cardio Coach is a must! I just did Volume 8 on my elliptical this morning.

Thanks for the info Judi. I don't pay much attention to calorie count and mileage, as they vary so much from machine to machine.
btw I am really impressed by your workout room. What all do you have in there, anyway? Lucky you!:D

YAY!!!!! You did your first workout on your Octane!!! :D :D :D

Okay, I totally covet the adjustable stride feature! I have never actually done a workout on an Octane -- I just hopped on one at the store a did a few strides -- but I really loved the feel of it! I didn't realize that it readjusted periodically during the workout. That is SO cool! My Precor has several programs, too, but I've never tried them. I've been completely content with the Cardio Coach workouts. I'm telling you, finding Cardio Coach and getting an elliptical are 2 of the best things that ever happened to me! ;)

And yeah, I think we should all go over to Judi's gym and work out! :p :D

Autumn, if you're getting an elliptical you really ought to try Cardio Coach. You'll get a fantastic workout, much better than you'd get while watching TV ;), and the time will fly by!
So tonight I did my first workout on my new elliptical. Unfortunately, last night ended up being a 'lay on the couch, eat junk and watch the Sopranos' night...me bad! Anyway, I love this machine. I have short legs :( and the stride is adjustable, you just measure your leg length to hip socket and then program in to get your right stride length. Then it actually readjusts throughout the workout, depending on speed. It came with a chest strap HR monitor. There are all kinds of doodads for different types of workouts, such as "glute kicker", "arm blaster", "X-mode", lower body blast, upper body blast, core focus, total body blast, powerwalk, dual direction; goal programs such as 350 calories, 750 calories, 10K, 1/2 marathon, intervals, etc. There are a total of 20 programs. I only used the manual settings and Coach Sean. It'll take me a while to use all the other settings.
It's great to have the convenience of working out at home, rather than having to go to the gym and wait for a machine, then be limited to 30 minutes if others are waiting. And I know I'll use it -- since I found Coach Sean (thanks Michele :D), I'm motivated and look forward to Cardio.

Congrats on the new *toy*!!! Awesome -those are amazing machines. CC does make all the difference in the world. I even emailed Oprah to sing the praises of CC after she complained about her weight gain and how boring she found the TM. Well, clearly she does not have the sense to listen to little ol' moi! :rolleyes:

Judi - HOLY SMACK, WOMAN!!! I just checked out your space. Yeah, let's all go to your house :) I actually dreamed that DH decided to move (he says that he never will) and we got a bigger house, and I got my own workout room. It was the huge, beautiful house on a great lot, little creek in the back yard - it was a mansion on a cul-de-sac of mansions. All I cared about was my workout room!! And I also decided DH was ok at that point. Now, how do I get a dream to come true??? I only want a workout room - that's it. I have simple wishes :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.