My knee has healed and I am back doing KPC t g

JUJYGRL

Cathlete
Hi Everyone,

I gave my knee the recommended two weeks and did KPC yesterday. I feel great! I was still able to do BC w/ some substitutions but KPC is my favorite.

My husbands profession is karate and he told me to be careful pivoting. It was definately the hammer punches at the end of the cardio segment. I have modified that and I think I will be fine now. If any of you watched the Bengals game yesterday, it's scary to see how vulnerable the knees are.

Just wanted to share. Hope everyone has a kickbutt workout week!

~Christine~

That's great that your knee is feeling better! :) Yes, I watched the Bengals game yesterday...and yes, it is scary to see how vulnerable the knees are!!

Just curious how you will modify the hammer punches in KPC. I too just came off of a knee injury and I believe it has to do with my pivots in KPC or Kickmax. When I do the hammer punches at the end of Cardio Conditioning I feel like my pivot to the front and punch does not feel like it flows. Maybe I am just not yet strong enough to do them as fast as Cathe and crew.

Glad your knee is back in action! I really missed KPC as well - it is also my favorite.

jooge

Personally I hate the hammer punches because I can never get my leg into the right postion when you punch down. Unfortunately, Cathe seems to love that move because she has put it in three workouts! Next time I do KPC I'm going to have to think of a suitable modification for that move.

>Just curious how you will modify the hammer punches in KPC.

Somehow, I'm able to do them better if I think of them as a reaching lunge (like what Gunnar Peterson does in Core Secrets). More emphasis on foot placement and lunging than in the punching part of it--which can be just a reach).

It's hard because that is the point of the workout when I am most tired. I have made a major modification for now. I barely lunge when I hammer down. I just don't want to take the chance w/ the knee just coming off the injury. When I get stronger I will do the full lunge but at a slightly slower speed than Cathe. I like Kathyrn's approach.

I am also spending more time stretching the quads and working on building up the muscle around the knee. I'm in the SH rotation and will be doing legs tomorrow. I think slow is the best way for me to build up the muscle around the knee's. I'm a little nervous about doing squats and lunges but S&H is a good place to start.

~Christine~

Thank you Kathryn, that is a good idea. I will just start over learning this move concentrating on the lunge part. Good Idea!

Lisa

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.