My Daves Self Tanner experience

beth6395

Cathlete
I got it in the mail yesterday and used it last night b-4 bed. I used gloves (cosmetology ones) I applied it all over my body then I used a makeup sponge for my face, neck, ears and tops of hands and went over my knees, elbows and around my ankle bones and heels. I wore all white to bed. This morning it is all even no breakout or uncomfortable feeling on my face I have dry/sensitive skin. My Tan was fading so now I have nice color not to dark or orange very natural. And not one drop on my white jammies. Oh and I never noticed a scent now in all due fairness I am a tad bit sick so I will comment on the smell when I feel better.

This is an awesome product and I can not wait to start raving about it.
beth6395

"You didn't pause your dvd and go make popcorn did ya"
-Cathe Friedrich

http://www.picturetrail.com/juicyfruities2002

I completely agree!! I just used it for the first time last weekend and I am thrilled with the product - I even ordered the travel size to take on vacation with me.

I am due to "tan" again tonight. I also had great even color, a real nice natural looking tan, no smell, great coverage. I could not be happier.

I too use disposable gloves and a cosmetic sponge for me feet. I even e-mail Dave to give him a testimonial!

I was so amazed I am sure just like evryone else I thought yeah right but I was wrong it is not like everything else I think I will do one more application tonight and I should be set for a few days to a week, hopefully.
beth6395

-Cathe Friedrich

I jumped on the bandwagon too and ordered both the moisture tan and the plain tanner. The moisture tan had less of a smell on my skin than the tanner. I have used many different self tanners over the years and even though I got better color with Paula's Choice tanner, I just couldn't handle the smell. I think it has to do with how much of the "chemical that colors" is in the product as well as how it reacts with your skin. I may have to apply more often to get the color I like but it is worth it not to have the stink factor:)

JJ

I just received mine last week, and also LOVE IT! I got the fair face tanner and the moisture tan. I got great color with just one application of the face tanner overnight, and only use the moisture tan on my legs, and so far, so good!

I tend to lotion up my knees and feet prior to applying the tanner, and that seems to be holding those areas that "grab" the tanner ok.

My only one tiny concern is that the active ingredient is of the acetone variety...should I be worried? I know you hear how acetone products like fingernail polish remover is not healty, etc...

Me being paranoid?

But, as long as it doesn't cause me to break out with cancer due to the chemicals, then I'm lovin' it!!

Heidi

Beth,

"Not one drop on my white jammies" How about if you sweat? Last summer, I swore off tanners because if I sweat even a little in bed, it would leave a brown stain on the sheets. (I'm perimenopausal so sometimes the night sweats have me sweating more than a little bit.)

Please tell me it works - my legs are the color of fresh snow and DH would love it if I used tanner again.

Thanks.

>Beth,
>
>"Not one drop on my white jammies" How about if you sweat?
>Last summer, I swore off tanners because if I sweat even a
>little in bed, it would leave a brown stain on the sheets.
>(I'm perimenopausal so sometimes the night sweats have me
>sweating more than a little bit.)
>
>Please tell me it works - my legs are the color of fresh snow
>and DH would love it if I used tanner again.
>
>Thanks.

I did not try working out yet with it on but I know in the original thread a few of the "guinea pigs" did and said nothing came off on their workout clothes.
beth6395

-Cathe Friedrich

i'm so happy that everyone is enjoying this sunless tanner. i have never had any rub off on my sheets or during my workouts. i get great color in just one application. i'm curious to hear what others say on the whole "acetone" topic that was mentioned above. i never thought of it.

Do you guys suggest fair face tanner for the face? I LOVE the tanner very much and I thank you for introducing it to me, but now I am wondering about the fair face tanner!! Is it worth trying?

Thanks!

i don't use the face tanner but i have heard nothing but good things about it from others who use it. i prefer to just use a tinted moisturizer since i have larger pores the tanner tends to settle in them and they end up looking like blackheads...YUK! Hopefully someone else can comment on the face tanner for you.

>Beth,
>
>"Not one drop on my white jammies" How about if you sweat?
>Last summer, I swore off tanners because if I sweat even a
>little in bed, it would leave a brown stain on the sheets.
>(I'm perimenopausal so sometimes the night sweats have me
>sweating more than a little bit.)
>
>Please tell me it works - my legs are the color of fresh snow
>and DH would love it if I used tanner again.
>
>Thanks.

Lori Ann - I have white towels and it does come off on the towels, just a little. I've also noticed my pillow getting brown where my face lays. I just switch out my pillow case more often. I've only had a problem with it rubbing off on my workout clothes once - I had put some of that bodyglide stuff around the underarm area while running on my treadmill and when I looked at my pink nike shirt later, it was all brownish orange under the arm. I totally freaked out because I LOVE that shirt, but it washed out in the sink with some soap and water. Aside from those little mishaps, I haven't had any problems - well there's also that little problem with it burning my skin after applying for a few weeks, but I'm getting past that ;).

kariev,
You are the best! Always so helpful! Thanks again for introducing David's products to me and everyone else who is enjoying them!

just to let you know, i just bought the new island radiance sunless tanner. the 2 shades darker one. anyway, i put it on an hour ago and i was back in the shower 30 min later. the stuff never dried and it had a real oily consistancy and i could feel my pours clogging up. after the shower i put on daves. it absorbs instantly. i love that. a little tip from the www.sunless.com message board about rub off. if you get it during your workouts, people suggest putting some baby powder on the areas where your clotes rub your skin the most. its supposed to prevent the rub off you are experiencing. hope this helps.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.