Muscle Endurance not enough leg work

thinkgod1

Cathlete
i just bought Muscle Endurance and did not feel there was enough lower body work in it i did not like it period maybe its me but it did not seem intense enough to me

Really? With all those leg presses and such? Maybe heavy up on the weight more. I always feel it with that one. You can always do a premix, too, like doubling up on the lower body segment.

Live with sincerity, love with passion, and dance like you mean it.

Debbie

I believe the Bootcamp/Muscle Endurance Bonus Combo premix has more legwork in it than Muscle Endurance "as is". It also doesn't have those mountain climber/squat thrust things, unless you enjoy them. ;) It has some cardio segments but it's definitely a weights workout. I love it. /karen

Really?? Muscle Endurance has more leg work than Maximum Intensity Strength, Power Hour, and Muscle Max.

Here’s a suggestion – do the ME lower body premix (skipping the abs and stretch) then the upper body premix (skipping the warm-up). This is a great way to use this workout.

I get wonderful/terrible DOMS from Muscle Endurance’s lower body premix. All of those leg presses and interspersed with squats and lunges. Plus, I LOVE the glute raises. I hope they make an appearance in “Butts and Guts”!

Wow! Really? I plan on doing this one tonight! I think those static lunges are awful! I'm practically crying after doing those! I think I will try the Bonus Combo - I guess I never noticed there was one!

You're insane, right?:p All those *&%$ leg presses, squats, lunges, not to mention the dreaded glute raises aren't enough? Wow! You must have insanely strong legs!

You know, I felt that way the first time I did it - that my legs weren't fully worked out. Then I did the premixes - just lower body, and just upper body. I liked those, I guess because that's how I am used to working out.

THEN I did the original routine a second time. And I wondered what in the HECk was I thinking, that it didn't give me a good workout??? Maybe it's because this time I knew more of what to expect, and I could really put my all into it.

I use a 15 lb. barbell on the leg presses, and by the sixth set, that makes a difference. It's one of the few exercizes where I use more weight than Cathe! I also use 6 risers, like Cathe does. I've experimented with less weight and fewer risers, and my legs don't feel it as much.

>I use a 15 lb. barbell on the leg presses, and by the sixth
>set, that makes a difference. It's one of the few exercizes
>where I use more weight than Cathe! I also use 6 risers, like
>Cathe does. I've experimented with less weight and fewer
>risers, and my legs don't feel it as much.

Not that it matters, but I meant to say dumbell!

Try paying attention to the position of your core/torso as you step up. I find if I really concentrate on how I place my foot on the step and press into my foot to feel my glute muscle engage. My ceiling height is low, so I am forced to focus on this or else I get a head bang on the step up. Also, if I focus on engaging my core, I can put more focus on the glute -- i.e. it's easy to cheat with bad or slightly bad posture...

But I think there is a lot of leg press on ME and leg work -- so I am wondering if there is a form glitch that makes you not "feel" the exercise?

One more thing-- lately i discovered that when I step up, I can even cheat with my feet, so that I am avoiding a solid stance from mid-foot into the heel to really engage the glute.

Hope this might help!

-Barb

I just did ME yesterday and the leg work seems never ending the way she throws those darn leg presses in here and there!! If anything, it seems the legs are worked the most! }(

Make sure you're using a challenging weight load.

I woke up with a sore chest this morning too, woo hoo!

Heidi

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.