muscle animations

Personally, I think you have done your homework and thought out how these exercise clarifications can indeed enhance our workouts and they sound just fine.

SNM has so much more experience with editing and producing workout DVDs than any of us so I am going to trust that they know what they are doing and let them get on with it.

Clare

I agree with this 100%. I am one of the viewers who knows where are the heads of muscles (I'm a personal trainer). I LOVE that Cathe is taking the extra step to provide this option. I'll take any extra features offered. This is just another reason why she and her team (let's not forget the behind-the-scenes folks!) are at the forefront of home fitness industry.

Cathe and all....Well Done!!!

Laura

"The difficult periods of life provide the best opportunities to gain useful experiences and develop inner strength. " ~ Dalai Lama

>I'm really excited about the muscle animations because it
>will give us time to fully rest between sets of exercises. I
>will often hit the pause button until I feel ready to move on
>to the next set when I'm really trying to lift heavy, now I
>won't have to make sure my remote control is nearby. Also I
>think they will be a great way to mentally prepare for the
>next set.
>
>Maria

Yea, I'm with you. The thing is, some of us have issues with focus and need reminding DURING the workout. If the reminders are separate from the workouts we won't get them because, many of us are so pressed for time we're lucky to even get in the workouts. It may just be me but I have a habit of drifting onto autopilot. Not being 100% engaged hurts my performance and lessens my results. I wish I were more focused but I only seem to be really focused when I increase the weight I'm lifting. I noticed this last night, while doing GSCT. I've done that workout many times but I increased my weight on all the exercises (I'd just read an article in SHAPE stating most women lift only half as much weight as they are capable...) and, for the first time, I really heard Cathe's warnings and instructions. I was surprised I'd never noticed what she was saying before. It made me wonder what else I'd been missing while I daydreamed through my workouts... I can imagine those warnings could get very annoying for the truly focused, though...

>The animations will not be in anyway annoying or make you
>lose focus. They are not going to be a kinesiology lesson, but
>instead quick simple graphics that will occasionally pop up
>for a few seconds between some segments to graphically show
>what Cathe is talking about.

Oh man, I LOVE that. I can't tell you how often I'm supposed to be working one muscle group but, for whatever reason, am feeling it somewhere else - and I wonder what I'm doing wrong. I especially notice this when working my legs. I'm supposed to be feeing it in my glutes but, instead, feel it in my hamstrings and calves. A lot of the time it's because I'm putting my weight on the balls of my feet instead of the heels because, if I do it right, my knees will buckle. I do this so much that it has me worried about imbalances between my glutes and hams and I can't seem to make that shift during the workout.

DANG! All this great info just makes the wait harder and harder . . . . Did I mention that I'm excited about these workouts??!;-)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.