Muscle and Cathe's Weight

BelovedHeather

Cathlete
I often read that athletes are heavier than average due to muscle weight. The blog picture shows Cathe bench pressing “near her body weight” (and it appears to be 90 pounds). If 90 pounds is close to her body weight, it is obvious that muscle is not all that heavy! ;-) Cathe has a lot of muscle! She is super tiny in person, but I never would have guessed that she weighs less than 100 pounds! :eek:

I am taking a Texas Sheet Cake to Cathe the next time I attend a Road Trip. :9 She can afford the calories! :) I was surprised to see how tiny she is in person, but this really amazes me!

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

Cathe will never say what she weighs. She always says she weighs more than she looks. I bet the weighted bar was 100 pounds and they said she is lifting almost her weight. Meaning not quite what she weighs.

I bet Cathe weighs about 110 to 115, considering all of her muscle. She definitely looks smaller in person then even on her DVD's. That really surprised me on the last road trip!

Cheryl

Cathe and Crew in Person

Cheryl:

I am glad Cathe does not share her weight publically. I was thinking at least 115 pounds too, which is why that blog entry surprised me. I too was amazed to see how tiny she is in person. Cedie too! Oh my word! I laugh when people write that Cathe is bulky or Cedie is fat. If they are examples of bulky and fat, I want that! Of course, I never believed any of that for a minute even before I met them last year. Cathe, Cedie, Brenda, Jai, and Lorraine are more radiant and beautiful in real life too. The camera does not do any of them justice.

You are quite the inspiration yourself, Cheryl! What a super fit mother of ten you are!

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

RE: Cathe and Crew in Person

Just curious, how tall would you say Cathe is??
Never seem them in person.
I think Cedie looks great. Cathe, Jai, Lorraine, and Brenda just seem to have more defination. But, they all look great to me. I would love to look like any of them.
Everyone is different.
Alicia

" I have fought the good fight,
I have finished the race,
I have kept the faith. "
-- II Timothy 4:7

Cathe's Height

Alicia:

Cathe is a petite 5'2" and the other crew members are around the same height.

Blessings,
Heather B.

RE: Cathe's Height

This is slightly related here and a question I have wondered. When Cathe mentions what she is loading her barbell to, does that weight include the weight of the bar? I would assume so but want to be sure so that I can compare to mine. My bar is somewhere b/w 12-15 lbs so I know I always factor that in to the total and assume that is the normal thing to do. Thanks in advance! Shana

> When Cathe mentions what she is loading her barbell to, does
>that weight include the weight of the bar?

Yes, it includes the weight of the bar.

>Cheryl:
>
>I am glad Cathe does not share her weight publically. I was
>thinking at least 115 pounds too, which is why that blog entry
>surprised me. I too was amazed to see how tiny she is in
>person. Cedie too! Oh my word! I laugh when people write
>that Cathe is bulky or Cedie is fat. If they are examples of
>bulky and fat, I want that! Of course, I never believed any
>of that for a minute even before I met them last year. Cathe,
>Cedie, Brenda, Jai, and Lorraine are more radiant and
>beautiful in real life too. The camera does not do any of
>them justice.
>
>You are quite the inspiration yourself, Cheryl! What a super
>fit mother of ten you are!
>
>Blessings,
>Heather B.
>
>“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for
>the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).
Yes, please let me "bulk" like Cathe...LOL!

Angela:7

Sheesh, I would feel like an Amazon next to them! I am 5'7' and always knew the cast was tiny, but boy, they really are tiny aren't they?Bring back Rhonda...she looked taller then the rest!:7 Oh, and I have noticed in workouts like Imax2, Rhonda cannot jump as high as Cathe and some of the others, that makes sense, its harder when you are a bigger person and taller...I was relieved watching her, someone to relate to.;)

There is a reason gymnasts are petite, little things, their little bodies can propel through the air easier than an Amazon like me.;)

tneah - I feel the same way, only I am 5'9"! I watch these people jump like little jumping beans and am amazed, and in some moves, they are already finished and I am still pulling my long limbs along :)

>Alicia:
>
>Cathe is a petite 5'2" and the other crew members are around
>the same height.
>
>Blessings,
>Heather B.

Boy - I didn't realize how little they all are. Thanks Heather.
For being only 5'2" she really lift somee heavy wieght!
I'm only 5'3" 1/2 (I count that half!), but, haven't been able to meet Cathe as far as "jumping". She looks so light on her feet.

Ditto to Rhonda. Bring her back :)
Alicia
I have kept the faith. "

Heather,

Thank you for the compliment!

I must say that Cedie definitely looks much smaller in person than on the camera. She is not heavy or fat or anything like that. She is definitely petite. She looks fantastic! When my daughter saw her picture from the road trip last year, she was surprised at how small she looks. My daughter has seen a few of Cathe's DVD's and had expressed that Cedie was built more like her. When she saw the picture though, she said I guess I am not built like her after all.

I remember DreamyJeanie telling me on the raod trip that I looked much smaller in person than the pictures I have on my blog. I didn't know if that was a compliment or not! Maybe that is how Cedie feels at times!

Have a great day and keep up the great posts!

Cheryl

Camera Illusions

Tneah, it is funny how the camera adds size and height. Rhonda is only 5'5" in reality. She just looks tall next to the rest of them, but I consider that average height. I am 5'3" and always thought longer legs would be an advantage, but you make a good point about gymnasts being tiny. Honestly, the bouncy floor Cathe has is the real secret. I was close to 100 pounds overweight during the Road Trip and was amazed that I could do jumping jacks and run on that floor without pain. I could not jump as high as Cathe, but I could jump. :) At home, I modify on my rebounder. Her floor is so nice and bouncy. Oh, I miss her floor! Her filming studio has the same flooring. When Jean, Amy, Gayle, and I visited the club the Thursday before the Road Trip, Ed (Cathe’s maintenance guy) showed us the studio. The first thing I did was test the floor! :7

Cathe has a very petite frame as well. She only wears a size 5 or 5½ shoe! :eek: She appears to have such big biceps on the blog. In reality, everything about her is tiny. She is so well proportioned too. She really has the best physique I have ever seen. She looks fit and strong and is so cute and tiny. Cathe inspired me to embrace heavy weight training when the 4-Day Split arrived because she is living proof that it is possible to be strong and muscular and still look feminine. The other cast members are beautiful too. They all have a healthy glow. Nancy in shipping is a doll too. It must be something in the water up there. ;-)

I am blown away by the superwoman tuck jumps in the STS blog pictures. :eek: Cathe jumps high during the IMAXes, but not that high. It will be interesting to see how the guys do! ;-) When I do tuck jumps during cardio blasts, I can “cheat” with my rebounder because elevating my heart rate is the goal. That would defeat the purpose of a strength workout.

Tneah, I wish you would put your picture back in your avatar. You are in inspiration too. I am hoping we both attend the same Road Trip someday. I would love to meet you. :)

Alicia, Cathe’s strength truly is amazing in light of her size. Stuart is 6'1" and the other guys are taller than Rhonda. You can focus on them. ;-)

Cheryl, I was a little disappointed to see how small Cedie is because a size 8 is my goal. I was hoping that she was closer to a size 8 because I think she has a beautiful figure. I still believe a size 8 will look great on me (especially after starting in a size 28). Some people have told me that a size 8 will still be fat, but I compare myself against my starting weight (not against someone like Cathe who has never had a weight problem). I am thinking of a true size 8. On the Biggest Loser makeover edition, one of the girls was wearing a size 8 dress. It looked more like a size 14 to me.

P.S. If any of you taller girls want to donate a few inches, I would love to have them. That will get me closer to a healthy weight. ;-) LOL! :7

Blessings,
Heather B.

RE: Camera Illusions

Heather,

You are so cute. I would love to 'test" Cathe's bouncy floor myself. Sounds like its easier on the ole' joints too!

It is funny about how things look bigger on camera, and people look smaller in person, Cathe must look amazing, as do the others I am sure! And a size 8 is not fat, in this ridiculous world of size zero's, when all of sudden did a size 8, 10, 12, or whatever become "fat?"x( Oh, thats right, in the movie "The Devil Wears Prada", a size 6 is the new size 16! Just a bunch of crap. You don't listen to that. Being comfy in your skin and healthy is what true fitness is all about.

I would love to meet you as well, I always look forward to your posts, and hope you are doing well with your eating plan...last time you posted you had found a new gal helping you with food allergies and such.

I am going to take a few new pics for the avatar, I have been training real hard and dieting hard, so am a bit leaner now, so I thought I could "show off" a bit, well, I am really quite shy, but you know what I mean!;) Take care!

Jodijodi - thanks for sharing your pics. You look great!

Heather - a size 8 is definately not fat! I'm shorter than you, and in clothes I can fluctuate from a size 4 to a size 8. I don't think I'm fat. I would love to be 10 pounds lighter (working on that- those last pounds are damn hard), but I have muscular thighs. Darn genes!

I never new Cathe had a "special" cushiony floor! I'm so jealous!! I wonder if DH would mind if I asked him to do another project for me, mmmm, maybe install a "cushiony" floor! Some how I doubt it.

Tneah- ditto on- "size 6 is new size 16" ; agree its "crap"
Each body is so different.

Have a great weekend !!!
Alicia
I have kept the faith. "

Thanks Alicia!

I also looove Cathe's floor. DH is willing to put one in our workout room...if we can figure out how! Yay!

>Bring back Rhonda...she looked taller then
>the rest!:7 Oh, and I have noticed in workouts like Imax2,
>Rhonda cannot jump as high as Cathe and some of the others,
>that makes sense, its harder when you are a bigger person and
>taller...I was relieved watching her, someone to relate to.;)

I feel the same way about Rhonda.

I also noticed that she doesn't get off the ground the way Cathe does for those "levitation holds" in Core Max (neither does Brenda).

I think it's nice having a variety of body types to show that not everyone can do the same things because of different centers of gravity, different muscle insertions, etc.

> Some people have told me that a size
>8 will still be fat...

Wow, some nice people you're talking to there!

I think sizes can look very different on different people, depending on height, build, all sorts of things.

I kind of wish women's clothing didn't have sizes, but was maybe identified like Grranimals: by animals, or maybe colors! We can sometimes get so hung up on size.

Cathe's Bouncy Floor

Here is a picture of Cathe’s floating wood aerobics floor in her studio:

http://pic1.picturetrail.com/VOL1120/3778596/17539135/273138712.jpg

As you can see, the floor is elevated with those little white bouncy things! It is firm like a wood floor but bouncy like a rebounder! I love it! We have a suspended wood aerobics floor at the club, but it does not absorb shock and impact like Cathe’s floor. My knees did not hurt at all that weekend. My feet were crying after standing on them (especially in heels Saturday night), but my joints were fine. The workouts were so much more intense for me too. At home, I have to modify the impact to protect my joints. I was able to give it my all that weekend. Cathe kicked my butt! I even ran circles around the room. Cathe put her arm around my waist, ran the last lap with me, and said, “You are running, baby!” I replied, “Yes, but I think I saw Jesus!” LOL! :7 Good news! I survived and walked out of that room on an endorphin high.

Jodi, if you get a new bouncy floor, I want to take a Road Trip to Atlanta. We can go Nike shoe shopping with Kathy S. and have a big party! :7 I would seriously love to visit all the Georgia girls.

Tneah, my waist and hips are several inches smaller already. My scale is in the closet, and I am much happier. My church hired a new discipleship pastor who started during the Road Trip last year. He is a marathon runner, and his wife is a fitness instructor and former Miss Tennessee. I missed their welcome party because I was in Jersey that weekend. I finally met her on Good Friday. She is fit and beautiful in a large size due to medical issues during her pregnancy. She shares my belief that fitness is about freedom (not a size) and wants to enjoy the journey and take her time getting to goal. She teaches classes and is very fit. She ran her butt off after her first pregnancy to get back to a size 6 as soon as possible and is not willing to torture herself again. She no longer expects to wear a size 6 again either. Her husband tells her that she is beautiful at this size (and she is!), and I find both of them to be so inspiring. She is a great role model for me with such a refreshing and healthy attitude about fitness and her body. I have many friends and family members who are naturally thin and eat a lot of junk because they can without gaining weight, yet they have high cholesterol, blood pressure, etc. Thin and small does not always equal fit and healthy. I am not deceived about the risks associated with extra body fat (especially female cancers), but I am heathy for my size and have a healthy lifestyle.

Alice, it is better to have big muscular thighs than big fat thighs. ;-) Embrace those quads! :)

Kathryn, I like your idea as long as a size 8 is not a hippo! ;-)

Blessings,
Heather B.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.