Moms that Rock! March 7-14

I wish I had that crystal ball too, Lisa! The one that tells us how long our weeones are going to rest.....so we can plan our workouts. I don't know how many times I planned a shorter one....then quickly showered....only to stare at my weeone sleep peacefully for an additional two hours. Miss. Efficiency (aka me) then feels unefficient...and feels like I "wasted" extra workout time.

Allison, where have you been? Everything okay over there? Miss you, girlie!

Christine or Precila~ since I won't be following the Charlean Extreme "program" which workout would you recommend for a total body workout? It looks like there's burn, push, lean......would any work? Or an interval one? Have either of you tried to do it with bands? Her adjustable weights look really really cool.....but I'll have to do with what I have to see if I like the workouts before taking the splurge.

Susan, I hope you get some rest.

It feels like Saturday here b/c all the kids are off of school. Justin says, "it's summer break". Poor kid.

Christine, that's great that you have such a good relationship with your MIL. I don't have anything against mine, but we are far from being close. Also, one of my sisters in law had a FB page and I'm not in her friend's list. We never call each other either, but we cordially say HI when my husband talks to her on the phone. So weird, my family is so close together and it's hard to get used to that.

Melanie and Jen, the iTrain website is www.itrain.com The iTreads in particular are meant to be used on a treadmill, the coach will give verbal cues (increase spped to 6.5 or icline to 5% etc) There are 3 different levels in the same workout (walkers, joggers and runners). Some iTreads are circuits where you hop on the Treadmill for 5 minutes and then do some strenght training. There are also the Itread ballet, where you do 5 minute runs and tehn 5 minutes of ballet movements off the treadmil bar (think Grand plies, releves). I burn ton of calories with those. I like Itrain #5/40 minutes and Itread ballet #4 but they are all great.

Susan, you know what? I have never been able to seroconvert enough for Hep B. I have gotten the shots like 3 times (first time was before Dental school) and 6 years later when I was tested before getting to the Orthodontic school I had to get the shots again. They told me that there a low % of people that never seroconvert enough but that that does not seem to be a problem in my case because they still detect the antibody on my blood.

Lisa, your pic is adorable, did you say you were 38 weeks preggo when tehy took it? Did you decide which HRM to get?

BBL

Priscilla- So glad to hear from you! YEs, My MIL and I do gret now, but there were some tense years! She is VERY Catholic, but once you get to know her, she is funny. She is still crackign up about the kegaliscious. ANd she was laughign when I told her I was a Cathlete! People who are not that into fitness cannot believe there are forums about it! I told her that I spend the majority of every mornign thinking about what workout to do!
Melanie- I am casual about the rotation. I think in the extremem packet there are some all over body workouts, teh extreme interval? I follow the routine loosely. But I see results by doing it in order, better. Trust me, you will too! The first set of discs, burn i think, incorprates 2-3 body parts per disc. They are short wnough, where you coudl do two workouts but you will have bad soreness all over!
I did a ton of grocery shopping last night with the kids and am stocked up and ready to cook. Today we have rain and then 7 days of sun. The time change is a bummer, that means earlier wake up times with the kids. Boo, but earlier bedtimes, bow chick a wow wow!
I have to go put the rain cover on the jogger. Nothing is going to stop these rested legs!

Melanie, I've only done the workouts on the Burn phase. I'm on my 3rd week and then I start the Push phase. I let you know about that phase then. For a total body workout I'd suggest the Burn intervals or Get Lean Intervals because it hits every muscle and you also get your cardio in in 46 minutes. The only think I'd suggest is to add some Chest presses or push ups to the Burn Intervals because she doesn't work the chest on that workout (I think, I just did it last night). I use weights instaed of bands, but I may try the bands for the push phase. I have the Bowflex weights but I don't love them. DH LOVES them though. I just find them too bulky for my taste. So far the heaviest weight I've lifting is a pair of 12s. never say never, I may have to use the Bowflex for the Push phase b/c you lift heavy on that phase and I don't have a set of 15s or 20 pounds dumbells.

Christine, are you leaving me all by myself on the Chalean rotation to do STS? Bad Bad! Just kidding!

Lisa, how do you like P90x? are u following any rotation?

Priscilla, you sneaky thing! My Chalean is "in transit" so I have been substituting this week with muscle endurance and some gym styles! I am going to do KPC today. I miss being on Chalean with you, next week! I have tried a few of the workouts for the next phase, Whew! You will need the bowflex there. Or the bands. I like how she has the bands as an option.
Off to get those sheets in the washer!

I took a chance and started working out, but Reese woke about 17 min into it. So...I washed up the boobies and am nursing her to happy so that I can do another couple miles.

Priscilla-I'm looking into theF11 you suggested. I like the F20 as it sounds similar to the GWF, but it didn't get very good reviews. I want something that iis good for calorie counting. I'm following the weights portion of the P90x rotation, butI do my own cardio. I got fabulous upper body results from it when I did it a couple years ago. Since 2 pregnancies in 2 years has done a litte number on my body, I thought it may be a good way to improve the size of my tiny arms.

Christine~ you are so funny with your "in transit" thing! YOu should have them by Monday. :) I have a rain cover for my stroller too. I love runnning in the rain...makes me feel hardcore. Hey...do you take both kiddos when you run?

Oh, and I best set the record straight: I had steamed (burndt) carrots and a glass of milk. They were separate enitities! EEEEwwwww. Gross milked carrots! lol

BBL to read all your posts. Whew. We're a busy group!

Melanie- Okay, separately the carrot and milk still sounds awful. Milk goes with cookies in my book! Blech! And do not worry about timing the in transit items, no problem at all! Yes, I adore runnign in the rain, it makes me feel free! And I bring both kids. THe BOB cover is incredible, and then nobody can talk to me! Woo hoo! Also, I forgot ot answer yoru question, yes, you can use bands for Chalean, you will still see great results. i do it on some of the exercises when I am too laszy to get the weights out from under the Lego table.

Lisa- I have a Polar F6 and a garmin. I like the garmin for outdoors, and the polar indoors. I know it seems sort of weird! I have had a GWF, and it was helpful for a while. It was great for me, especially on understanding teh link to sleep and weight!
BTW- Mel, congrats on sleep and dropping 2 lbs!

Jen, I can't find my Boundaries book? :( I must have loaned it out. I have "Boundaries with Kids" book if you are interested. The priniciples are the same in each book....and it might be a better cover (if you're reading it in front of DH he won't think you're reading it to better your relationship with him). ....

Melanie- I soo thought you were cooking your carrots IN milk! Ok now I feel better... ;) Oh and you are hardcore!

Lisa- Oh it used to drive me crazy when I had to stop working out and clean up the boobies! I felt bad for James being so close to my sweaty body even though the boobies were clean. So you saw an increase in muscle size in your arms w P90X? DH is doing that one right now but not strictly. I would like to increase the size of my arms also. Although my shoulders are looking pretty cut right now. :)

Christine- Thanks again for lending out your Chalean! We are all thanking Melanie but it all started because of you! :D (Mel you still rock!) Woo hoo for John sleeping but 9 oz??? How much do you normally feed him? Did you give him 6 oz and then he wanted more? I am always worried that I am not giving James enough but he seems pretty satisfied after 6 right now. How many ozs a day is John eating?

Priscila- Thanks for the info on the Itrain. I will have to look into it. I am just so addicted to Coach Sean that I don't know if I will like anything else but it might be good for variety. I have ADHD when working out and get bored VERY easily.

Ok gotta get back to work! I really get nothing done when you girls are so chatty! I am addicted...

Mel, go ahead and throw that one in there. Anything I can get my hands on to read to help any relationship will help. Thanks! I can check my library and see if they have the other one.

he is normally a 6-7 oz eater every 3-4 hours. but for a few days he was killing 9 oz every 2 hours and then yesterday went back to the old routine and good sleeping too!

Jen, the rule of thumb for eating is rice or oatmeal cereal first ....then veggies.....then fruit. Do not start any "new" food within 3 days...so if baby has allergy you know which food it is. Veggies are started first b/c they are more bitter....if you go with fruit first they may 'prefer' that over veggies. That's just a rule of thumb though!

Yes, Christine is the woman!! I'm so very thankful for opportunity she provided us. :D Ya'll are such a great group of ladies!!!

geez women..sloww down so I can catch up!
I will try and remember what I read..K is squirmy so I will do my best.
Melanie-after finding out the babycook came with recipes I didnt get the cookbook..however..it didnt come but with a few recipes so I have been looking online for info.
Jen-I am also loving sts and will finish meso1 (that is the onely sts I have) and then maybe start C. Glad you are feeling better about things between you and dh. Pinch him again for me if you need to lol
Lisa-sounds like we will both be tired today..youre tougher than me doing TWO workouts!
Chrsitine-9-4 yaayyyy John!! Will dh be home tonight?? kegal woman..kegal!
Pricilla-very interstesting about hep b immunity. I thought I would be immuned for 10 years or so..maybe Im one of those few too????

ok gotta move with this baby....bb

Christine~ how much does weeone weigh? My lactation consultant said nursing babies normally eat 2.5 times their weight per day? It's probably a little different for formula fed babies?

Lisa~ how's the nursing going?

Oh..... there have been MANY times that I haven't washed my nipples off before nursing babies (when working out). Ewww. Is that gross? Since I had these girls my internal thermostat is on super high....so I'm kinda sweating all the time. I still think I'm losing water from pregnancy (all those months on steroids).

Ah....both girls are sleeping. Gotta love morning time! Good time to run to the post office quick! I have some very special packages going out today. I feel a little like Santa Clause! I know you gals are going to be so happy with these....thanks to our angel, Christine. :D :D

I have to go grocery shopping. All our fresh veggies are gone. I found a sweet potato bean soup recipe on these forums that I"m making today. Soup is an awesome way of getting those veggie servings in, eh? I think I'm going to try to cook with ground turkey again. I've tried it before & was unimpressed....has anyone done 1/2 with lean ground beef?

Menu:

B: steel cut oats w/walnuts & 1/2 banana, coffee
S: apple, 10 almonds, diet pop
L: 1/2 tuna sandwich w/cheese & spinish leaves, milk
S: protein smoothie
D: 1 cup soup, milk
S: the other 1/2 sandwich, milk

Workout: Amy Bento Kickboxing, Jillian's back side workout
Water: Goal is 2Liters!!!

Thanks guys for tips! I will start cereal first but I am just waiting for J's 4 month appt in a week or so. I am excited to see if he says he can start fruits/veggies soon too. I just love all the little milestones! They are fun!

Mel- I did nurse with sweaty boobies before too and he didn't care. I just felt bad. I will sometimes use half turkey half beef for meatloaf type recipes just for the flavor. But most of my soups and chili's I use gr turkey and usually have so many seasonings that I don't notice a difference.

Susan- Do you want the other two mesos? I have them, thanks to Christine! I would be happy to send them on to you!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.