Mommies to be -August Roll Call

welch

Cathlete
Hi Pregnant Ladies!!

I hope this finds everyone doing well. Please feel free to post any new updates about your appointments, pregnancies, etc.

I had intended to start this thread earlier in the week when August actually started, but I went in to labor last Friday and delivered my daughter on Sunday. We came home from the hospital Tuesday evening and I've been trying to adjust to the challenges of being a new mom ever since. I think spending time on the computer is a thing of the past for awhile!!

We named our daughter Morgan and she is absolutely a pleasure. She seems healthy so far and is adjusting to life at home with us fairly well. I am anxious to figure out how to sleep and still attend to her needs - she wants to eat CONSTANTLY!! (I've fed her 6 times in the last 12 hours and each feeding lasts about an hour - my sanity is hanging on by a thread). If any of you experienced moms have some advice, I'd love to hear it!

I do hope everyone is doing well and please know that my thoughts and support are with you - just forgive me if I don't respond to many posts for awhile. Take it easy and stay out of the heat!!

Carrie

Carrie - CONGRATULATIONS! Morgan is such a gorgeous name. If I remember this is your first child? Wow. Isn't it the most crazy thing.

I am 17 1/2 weeks along and do not feel pregnant. Still a bit tired here and there and cloths getting a bit tight in the stomach but that is about it. No cravings yet and not starving all the time. I am around 11 pm which I have a granola bar.

I got the results of my quad screen and it was negative. Don't fully understand what that means except that I don't have a higher than normal risk of certain things?

I go back to work in 3 weeks which is good but I for some reason feel weird that at the start of the semester I will not look pregnant but by the end will be pretty big I would think.

How is eveyone else?

Again Congrats Carrie!!

Winter

Carrie - CONGRATULATIONS!!! I love the name! It sounds like breastfeeding for you is going like it was for me. Akadia was wanting to eat all of the time and every meal was lasting for over an hour - in Akadia's case she just never seemed satisfied even after a feeding. I was a mess, she was a mess, we were all miserable. I did it for 2 weeks before I finally started pumping and giving her bottles instead. Now she actually eats in like 5-10 minutes and it only takes me 20 minutes to pump (using a Medela double pump). She does have her days where she wants to eat every hour, but I usually have bottles made up ahead of time so anyone can give her one. It's not the solution for everyone, it's just working for us and she is still getting the breast milk. She does occasionally breastfeed though. Sometimes, she just wants mommy and nothing else will do.

Winter - Glad your quad screen was negative. I don't put much stock in that test. Even if it's positive, it's only showing that you MIGHT have a risk of having a child with problems. They told me that I had a 1 in 72 chance risk of Akadia having Trisomy 18 (basically a death sentence if she had it). I spent the entire pregnancy going to a high risk doctor and getting lots of extra tests etc... I talked to a ton of women who had gone through the same thing and there was nothing wrong with their babies either. I'll be opting out of that test on any future pregnancies.

Akadia is 4 weeks old now and finally starting to sleep through the night pretty good. The first few weeks were rough but I loved it at the same time. She's just so tiny and cute and I'm trying to enjoy it as much as I can because I know this will not last long. They grow way too fast!

Hi Ladies,

Winter, I'm glad things seem to be going well for you. At 17 weeks I didn't look too pregnant either, but then by 20 - 24 weeks - the belly happened kind of fast for me! It's different for everyone though.

Liann, How great that Akadia is sleeping through the night! The past 3 nights Morgan had a stretch were she slept 3 hours, fed, and then slept another 4 hours. I'll take it!! It's better than the 1 hour or so I was getting at a time. I have a Medela double pump too that I need to figure out how to use. I'm trying to wait until she's 3 weeks old to start a bottle (that's the advice I've been given) but I may have to start earlier. She had her first check up today since leaving the hospital and she's lost more weight than anticipated. The doctor thinks she's eating well and hydrated based on her exam and my charts of when/how long I'm feeding her, diaper changes, etc., but he wants to recheck her weight next week. Now I have something to worry about for the next 8 days :-( Oh well, she seems healthier otherwise so I'm trying to trust that her weight will pick up soon.

I hope everyone has a great week!

Carrie

15 weeks and just started to workout again

Hi,

I'm pregnant with my 4 child. I homeschool my 3 wonderful and rowdy boys, 9, 6 and 4. We don't know what we're having and won't be finding out. :)

I was an avid Cathelete since Thanksgiving or so last year. My arms were toned, I had lost 20 pounds and was thinking only 5-10 to go! But was happier with my body than I have been in a long time, I'm 39 and 5'8".

Unfortunately, pregnancy doesn't agree with me and I get very sick, throwing up sick and gain a ton of weight, 73# with the first 2 and 55 or so with the thrid, but it comes off in a year, except for the last one. But thanks to Cathe, I had gotten down to my prepregnancy weight for all of them!

I eat well not pregnant but horribly while pregnant. This time around I've been prescribed Zofran but was still laid up for most of the summer. I finally started working out again last week. I started with Wii Active 11 min. then walked almost a mile 2 times and then went to my Leslie Samsone tapes and walked 2 miles (I almost didn't keep them because I never used them, they used to be my "workout when I don't want to workout" because they didn't do anything for me). But they do get me a little winded and I've added 5# weights. Yesterday I added a Gilad Sculpting video and worked out 50 min, felt great! I can't wait to get back into Cathe videos again, not sure how step is going to work for me. I've already gained 30 or so pounds and I'm only 15 weeks pregnant! I started showing at 8 weeks.

I'd love to hear if there is anyone out there who is like me: worked out to Cathe, then got pregnant with major morning sickness, but is trying to get back to it. What Cathe videos are not good during pregnancy? I have only a few owned, but a bunch in my DVR, some step, some weights, some combos: Body MAx 2, Imax 2, Musc. Max, Musc. End., Rhythmic Step, Step Blast, Core Max, Kick Punch Crunch, that may be it.

I'm due Valentine's Day~

Hi LadyLep!

Sorry to hear about all of the morning sickness. I had some, but not much. I was able to work out for my entire pregnancy and felt lucky to be able to do so. From the beginning, I just modified Cathe's videos to keep things low impact. After the first trimester I avoided jumping and kept everything grounded. I still did BM2, KPC, Rhythmic Step, Step Blast, and IMax 2 (plus others), but modified if moves were too high impact or too intense. I still lifted weights, but only about 60 - 80% of the amount I usually did when not pregnant. I was told not to do any ab work after the first trimester.

I don't know if that helps you or not. Good luck with everything and congrats on your pregnancy!!

Carrie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.