MMA Fusion :D

Zozo

Cathlete
I did this one yesterday, not expecting to enjoy it as much as I had the boxing one, but blimey, it was awesome! It really got my heart rate high, but more than that, I felt like my core was screaming! The core drills are amazing, but the combos themselves are brilliant too.
I haven't tried MMA Kickbox yet, but this is my favourite MMA so far. I can feel muscles working that I never knew I had. It's so challenging for the brain too, as you really have to think (or else you'll fall ove ;))

I think this is an AWESOME workout. Definitely my favourite shock cardio so far. Having said that, there hasn't been one I have not liked!

I have done Cardio Core Circuit, 30/30, MMA Boxing + bonus bag, MMA Fusion

I am having sooo much fun!!
:)
Oh, and if 30/30 is the EASIEST HIIT, I'm gonna cry when I do 40/20 on thursday!!
:)

I did this one today for the first time and absolutely LOVE IT! The core work was great - I'm sure I'll be feeling it tomorrow!

I tried to do this one today but I just couldn't get the combos down. I got maybe 15 min into it and just got so frustrated that I stopped and threw in Athletic Step instead. I just think my mind wasn't in to it today. I'll def be giving this one another try during the week!

I did this one today for the first time and absolutely LOVE IT! It was actually FUN! I struggled with what another poster on another thread referred to as a the "rolly-polly"....same move as in cardio core circuit, roll back w/one leg up in the air and then roll up; but w/the added kick out and arm up to block, then hop up and sumo move. I rewound that section what seemed like a bazzilion, to try to get the foot work down. When I roll up, my legs/feet must be too close together for the kick out:confused:?

I did this one for the first time last night and loved it! I enjoyed the abs portion alot too becasue the moves were different from what the other DVDs offer. I love those kick up, kick out ab moves!

MMA Fusion, still working on it

I have done all of the Shock Cardio programs now and can complete most of them, sometimes with modifications, except for MMA fusion. I still enjoy trying it, but haven't figured out modifications for the moves that I know I can't do. I am over 50+, with emphasis on the + and just can't move that fast through that much range. And I don't think being able to do so will be beneficial to me. I love the rest of the series and actually like parts of fusion too, so it remains a challenge. Any ideas for modifications for the blast parts of this workout would be appreciated. Trying to jump up from a roll back kills the knees and I have never had any knee problems with anything else. It is huge strain on knees a huge angle.
Again I love the rest of the series.

I have done all of the Shock Cardio programs now and can complete most of them, sometimes with modifications, except for MMA fusion. I still enjoy trying it, but haven't figured out modifications for the moves that I know I can't do. I am over 50+, with emphasis on the + and just can't move that fast through that much range. And I don't think being able to do so will be beneficial to me. I love the rest of the series and actually like parts of fusion too, so it remains a challenge. Any ideas for modifications for the blast parts of this workout would be appreciated. Trying to jump up from a roll back kills the knees and I have never had any knee problems with anything else. It is huge strain on knees a huge angle.
Again I love the rest of the series.

I am 50+ as well and find that some of the moves, while do-able, are too fast for me. I just can't move like that so quickly. In my case, however, I don't think it has to with my age. I've always been pretty inflexible, so I think some of these moves (the rolly polly thingie especially) are hindered by that.

However, I do like MMA Fusion a lot. There is a learning curve for me. I just did it for the first time today and felt I did pretty good following along, although there were moments I probably looked spastic. I think it will get better as I do it more.

ETA: Another thought regarding the rolly polly move... my legs are very long in relation to the rest of my body. Getting them tucked up under me like this move requires is very difficult for me. I think this is another factor in making it tough for me to do quickly.

SOOOOO FUN!

Just did MMA Fusion. It is so fun and pretty tough too! My core got an amazing workout, heart rate was high and I was having a blast. Love it!
Thanks, Cathe.
KC:D

I just did MMA Fusion,wow it was fun I like all the new moves I was very pleased surprise that I did not have any trouble getting those drill down. The only hard one for me was the roll- up-kick-and stand up to sumo jump, with my left knee:( but I try ed really hard, my favorite move was with the ball knee-belly-jump back so bad it was a short one.
Anyways I did make sure I got it right because I repeated twice from the second drill.
Today we have a very bad weather day, raining all day and I thought, OK I don't think I'm going to sweat" It was cold in my garage but at the end I was soak and wet, very, very happy:D

I am not 50+, but almost 50 and I found that if you have a rebounder (and a little space), that gives you some oomph to get back up. (Remember to press into your heels) I am loving all these workouts so far-the challenge is wonderful. All I need to do is develop some coordination!

MMA Fusion is one awesome workout! I love the new combos, had to preview it once first though. I think they werent too hard to remember and so much fun to do! I had trouble with the roll back into a push up thing-y but found out its easier to do on carpet rather than on a mat. The sumo move also gave me some grief -I cant seem to fold myself the right way and spring back on my feet as fast, but I guess with practise it'll come.
Great, great wokout! I'm very happy with this one! Thank you, Cathe!!!

I did this one today for the first time and absolutely LOVE IT! It was actually FUN! I struggled with what another poster on another thread referred to as a the "rolly-polly"....same move as in cardio core circuit, roll back w/one leg up in the air and then roll up; but w/the added kick out and arm up to block, then hop up and sumo move. I rewound that section what seemed like a bazzilion, to try to get the foot work down. When I roll up, my legs/feet must be too close together for the kick out:confused:?

I'm having trouble with the rolly-polly moves....but I just keep rolling and falling and having a good time

just did this one for the first time

and I loved it!:D:D:D:D I too, will need more time to master the moves in the 2nd combo, but boy was it fun. I love the core conditioning drills, my core is screaming.

Kristin

I love this workout. Can't do all the moves, which is great, because with time, I will see small improvments and that how I know, I'm progressing.

I enjoy MMA Fusion and I find it very original, unique, and creative. This is the one, I think, that causes my knee to act up later though and I can't pin point the move that's messing my knee up.

I thought MMA Kickbox would be my least favorite as I really didn't click with it the first time I did it, but I did it again this week and for some reason it totally clicked with me and I really, really like it. I use weighted gloves and have to really work it to make it high intermediate. My one complaint is the last combo seems really cut short and incomplete or something. It seems that combo just gets started and then it's just over. I wonder why Cathe didn't put both sides together like the other combo's. I love the ab work in this one.

I find Cardio Core Circuit just tough, tough tough.

I like all the MMA's! Fusion is fun. I think I did best on it the first time I did it. I probably have done it 4-5 times now. The roly poly move to sumo is the hardest one for me. Instead of getting better I seem to be getting worse. But thats okay, I'll continue to try. I like the challenge. And, oh yeah, the knee in the med-ball is great!

Cardio Core Circuit is difficult and will have to grow on me. I like Circuit Blast much better, but I tend to like the one's that use equipment.

30/30 isn't as difficult as it used to be. Especially since I've done 40/20 and see the difference in the two. As Cathe says "quit your moaning"..."work work". Yep, those phrases fill my head on the HiiT exercises.

Wow, got off on the subject...

~Renee

This workout has really grown on me. After doing it the first time I have really noticed how much better I am at the rolly-polly moves now. I feel such a sense of accomplishment after successfully doing these moves, too.

Cathe never fails to impress me. She always comes up with fun and original workouts.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.