MMA Boxing ?

rose2boys

Cathlete
Are you guys using weighted gloves in this workout? Can't tell if Cathe's gloves are weighted or just wrapped.

Thanks.

I asked this before and Cathe said that in boxing, they are just wrapped. In the extra bag bonus, the boxing gloves are not weighted. I use 1# hand weights and it does as a nice little extra.

I'm seriously considering ordering this one, but I'm almost afraid to because I was so disappointed in Circuit Blast. I like intense workouts, and have enjoyed most of Cathe's kickboxing except for KickMax. I'm training for a marathon, so need an INTENSE workout without tons of impact for my non-running days.

I'd appreciate any honest feedback about this one. I have limited $$ to spend on fitness stuff, and wish I had the money back I spent on Circuit Blast.

If you don't want tons of impact, I would get Kickbox or Fusion. I found the drill blasts on these where not as much of an impact than Boxing. I also found that there was a better overall workout with the first two, boxing for me worked mostly shoulders but the blasts were a lot on the calves. I liked Fusion because you get into it pretending that you are defending yourself, it's fun.

I made a note to use weighted gloves the next time I do this workout. If you are looking for high (impact) intensity, this may not be the workout you want to spend your money on. I find this to be a good cardio workout for burning fat from your upper body and really enjoy the simplicity of the moves allowing me to focus more on the intensity of my punches.

Hope that helps!

I'm looking for low impact (not a lot of jumping and pounding on the lower body) but high intensity (gets the heart rate up high and keeps it there.

I luv this workout. I've done it 3 times and I use the 1lb wrist weights and that really gets my heart rate up. By the end of the workout my shoulders are burning. The punching combos are so much fun and so are the leg drills.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.