Mixed Impact Cardio+Pull Day

BlakKat

Cathlete
Fit Split Flames were back today! All my muscle groups in this one totally got burnt! The cardio segment is a mix of intensity (some were easier & some really wind you) with familiar and new moves. Cathe always knows...as soon as I thought "wait don't let that one be done, I just got it", she says "what's that, you just got it, well then we'll have to do it again". Everyone looks like they were really enjoying this one.

Pull Day segment may sound short (30 min), but it is definitely a tough workout! 3 sets for each exercise with heavy weight. Love adding the band in for a few. I was right there with Brenda during the shoulder segment - she was back there gritting her teeth to push out the banded reps! The only (very small) thing I noticed was for the upright rows, the screen says 45 lb BB, but Cathe says she is going to lower it (I believe she goes down to 35 lb if anyone wants to know). I knew my hamstrings were weak but now I realize I need to make them more of a focus-this last segment of hamstring roll-ins on the ball took me out! I am impressed by how many they do and make it look easy. Those of you that wanted hip thrusts-these on the ball are killer! Equipment says you need a step w/3 risers, but I didn't need it for anything I did-I guess if you wanted to use it instead of the ball for the pullovers then you would need a bench.

I am already seeing how many possibilities this series has. By splitting the workouts you really can do anytime frame of cardio or weights or both depending on your schedule. There are so many premixes on each, the options are endless. Thanks again Cathe for another hot fire flames workout!

I found it hard to keep my heart rate up with mixed impact. I had to add some extra moves to the workout for me to get my heart rate where I wanted it. This workout would be great though for the intermediate excercise. I liked her other workouts but this one just didn't raise my heart rate enough and I found some of the moves to be a little awkward. I will do this workout again but will modify it to make it more intense. The weight portion was good Cathe always does a great job with her lifting.☺

Fit Split Flames were back today! All my muscle groups in this one totally got burnt! The cardio segment is a mix of intensity (some were easier & some really wind you) with familiar and new moves. Cathe always knows...as soon as I thought "wait don't let that one be done, I just got it", she says "what's that, you just got it, well then we'll have to do it again". Everyone looks like they were really enjoying this one.

Pull Day segment may sound short (30 min), but it is definitely a tough workout! 3 sets for each exercise with heavy weight. Love adding the band in for a few. I was right there with Brenda during the shoulder segment - she was back there gritting her teeth to push out the banded reps! The only (very small) thing I noticed was for the upright rows, the screen says 45 lb BB, but Cathe says she is going to lower it (I believe she goes down to 35 lb if anyone wants to know). I knew my hamstrings were weak but now I realize I need to make them more of a focus-this last segment of hamstring roll-ins on the ball took me out! I am impressed by how many they do and make it look easy. Those of you that wanted hip thrusts-these on the ball are killer! Equipment says you need a step w/3 risers, but I didn't need it for anything I did-I guess if you wanted to use it instead of the ball for the pullovers then you would need a bench.

I am already seeing how many possibilities this series has. By splitting the workouts you really can do anytime frame of cardio or weights or both depending on your schedule. There are so many premixes on each, the options are endless. Thanks again Cathe for another hot fire flames workout!

Hi BlakKay, the equipment listed for each video also includes any Premix or Bonus Abs video that is also included on the disc. In this case, the "Push" premix uses the step as a bench with three risers, hence the reason "step with 3 risers" is included for the equipment needed for this DVD.

So glad this work out met all of your needs. Keep the flames going

I found it hard to keep my heart rate up with mixed impact. I had to add some extra moves to the workout for me to get my heart rate where I wanted it. This workout would be great though for the intermediate excercise. I liked her other workouts but this one just didn't raise my heart rate enough and I found some of the moves to be a little awkward. I will do this workout again but will modify it to make it more intense. The weight portion was good Cathe always does a great job with her lifting.☺

Thanks for your honest review. Awesome that you’re finding a way to keep your heart rate a little higher in desired areas. Perfect!!! The harder of the cardios are Shred Cardio and Boxing Bootcamp. Also keep in mind when the cardio sessions in any workout are shorter they will inevitably feel a little easier than the classic 38 to 45 min cardio sessions because there is less overall time being spent exerting yourself (unless of course the shorter workouts are hiit-like workouts, for example shred cardio).

Enjoy making your way through the Fit Split series

I know this has been mentioned but when will the Fit Split series be available on-Demand? Reading these reviews is getting me excited!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since I am not a high impact person, I appreciate all the lower impact chapters interspersed with the higher
Impact moves....cause when these workouts go into the blender, I am gonna blend me one fun little low impact
Circuit workout:),

Also, been studying the shred cardio blasts (step) and have just about accomplished modifications when needed.
Like, for instance, in the blast with "squats in a box", I remember the modification that Cathe showed in Cardio
Slam, and it works perfectly! I did need to go to YouTube and get a modification for Tuck Jumps, but it will
Work perfectly as well:)

Since I am not a high impact person, I appreciate all the lower impact chapters interspersed with the higher
Impact moves....cause when these workouts go into the blender, I am gonna blend me one fun little low impact
Circuit workout:),

Also, been studying the shred cardio blasts (step) and have just about accomplished modifications when needed.
Like, for instance, in the blast with "squats in a box", I remember the modification that Cathe showed in Cardio
Slam, and it works perfectly! I did need to go to YouTube and get a modification for Tuck Jumps, but it will
Work perfectly as well:)

How great that you're all set up to go with nearly all your modifications for shred. Have a great workout!

This is actually what I liked about this one, was that the cardio wasn't as hard as others. Most of the time I prefer the more intense ones but there is always a day in the week that I don't want to be totally wiped out. I liked that there were more intense moves mixed in with the lower ones so I was able to recover instead of consistently being pushed hard. It just happened to be one of those days for me when I did this one so it worked out perfectly. The weight segment is no joke-thoroughly worked every bit!

I agree with you.I did the" double it" premix and as in the first half I discovered it was totally doable, I modified some moves the second time around just to keep my heart pumping and pounding. It's very easy to modify the low impact portions to something harder. Loved those Bunny hops... Could have gone on and on for hours! And loved also the mix between old and new moves , especially "Twist travel 4 jacks" : I had to think what foot I were on, which I found a good think to keep my brain challenged as well ;):)

This is actually what I liked about this one, was that the cardio wasn't as hard as others. Most of the time I prefer the more intense ones but there is always a day in the week that I don't want to be totally wiped out. I liked that there were more intense moves mixed in with the lower ones so I was able to recover instead of consistently being pushed hard. It just happened to be one of those days for me when I did this one so it worked out perfectly. The weight segment is no joke-thoroughly worked every bit!

I really appreciate this response, because sometimes I feel the same way. Right now, when I want some cardio without the intensity, I do Step Moves or the step combo only premix on Low Max. I can get a light sweat going, get some steps on my fit bit, and elevate my mood even on days when I am lacking in energy or have tired legs.

I am loving previewing and reading these reviews thanks everyone!!!

I just wanted to say I love how Jennifer expresses herself !
She reminds me of Rhonda whom I just loved :)

Brigitte :)

I agree with you.I did the" double it" premix and as in the first half I discovered it was totally doable, I modified some moves the second time around just to keep my heart pumping and pounding. It's very easy to modify the low impact portions to something harder. Loved those Bunny hops... Could have gone on and on for hours! And loved also the mix between old and new moves , especially "Twist travel 4 jacks" : I had to think what foot I were on, which I found a good think to keep my brain challenged as well ;):)

Hippity hop til you drop...lol

Just done the cardio portion so far and really liked it! Just the right level for those days when you don't want to kill yourself but want to have some fun. I don't want to be on the floor after every workout (or even most workouts to be honest) so this was perfect! Nice to be all wrapped up in 30 mins as well.

I've been wanting to use premixes on my "On Demand" subscription, but I stream from my phone to my big screen tv. I never see any premix options to click on....any advise would be helpful to use this awesome feature since I haven't been purchasing the actual DVD's since being a Cathe Live/On Demand customer. Thanks!

Hi Carie, you just need to use our OnDemand App to see the Premixes when using a mobile device. Once you select a video that you want to watch in the app you will see a link for the premixes for that video in the upper right hand corner of your phone. Just click on the link and you will see all of the premixes for that video listed so you can select the one you want to work out to.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.