Missing everyone

Cyndie

Cathlete
Just wanted to make note of how much I have missed all of you. I haven't been on the forum lately due to work but mostly because of the terrorist attacks. I am on autopilot for a lot of things and can't seem to be a little more lighthearted. Anyway now that I am back on I realized how much I missed the lovely disposition of the regulars. Someone out there, help me get back in the swing of things and ask my advice about something relating to exercise or nutrition. I love being able to respond and help people in whatever way I can. I hope this post finds everyone doing well and also trying to find more love and laughter in their life. I wish you all the best and hope to hear from many of you soon.

Take care, Cyndie

Hey Cyndie, so glad to see your name on here again...I was wondering what had happened to you.
I think we're all still numb & heartbroken, but are trying to keep living our lives as a slap in the face to the terrorists.
I'll ask for some advice!!! I have a severely sprained ankle/foot...I have devised ways to do upper body & some lower body (lying down or sitting, of course). Can't figure out how to get any real cardio though. No access to a pool. Any ideas? Also, in your experience, how long do these things tend to take to heal?
I MISS MY STEP!!! Sigh
Keep logging on Cyndie, we all need each other more than ever now.
Ruth

Hi Cyndie,

I just wanted to say that I really liked the 1500 calorie menu you posted a while back. The Olive Garden included in there was great!!

Thanks!

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Oct-10-01 AT 05:00PM (Est)[/font][p]Welcome back from me too! :D

I have copied out lots of posts where you have given advice and know I haven't seen any recently because I have looked for you.

I just did a search and found you have been around, just not much under 'ask Cathe' where I usually look for you.

Hope you are back in the swing of things soon. :)

Hi Cyndie and run4fun,

I missed the 1500 calorie menu. Can one of you tell me where to find it or reprint it?

Cyndie, hang in there - it took me 2 weeks before I could get out there and socialze again and eben now I am taking it slow. Different things affect people differently-just go at your own pace.
Debbi

Hi Cyndie!

I'm so glad to see you back on the boards! You really are missed here. You are such a kind caring person and also so incredibly knowledgable and helpful to everyone :) The past few weeks have been such a hard time for so many of us. It's ironic how sometimes we isolate ourselves or back away from support and friendships at times when we could use it most..stick around so we can help each other! I know I was away from this board last year during a hard time and I only realized how much I could have used the support here when I came back.

As for your request to be helpful...I have a question for you! I know you have posted alot about the Spri tubing and the benefits you have seen your clients get. I want to try adding it to my workouts so I got the Spri catalogue. My question is what color or resistance bands should I get? And did you once suggest one of the videos they carry? If not do you know of a video to help me do a thorough workout with tubing?

By the way, how is your mom? I really enjoyed our conversation a few weeks back! As promised, I keep you in my prayers. Take care of yourself and keep posting!

Alison :)

Thanks everyone! I am still thinking Starlight about your ankle and am a little stumped on that one.

Hi Alison! I enjoyed talking to you too. I was a little worried about bothering you but it was so pleasant I hope you didn't mind. As for your question about SPRI tubing, this is what I recommend. Regular tubing in red for legs, back. biceps and green for shoulders and some triceps. It is more difficult to work the chest with tubing but it can be done. You can use both for the chest depending on the exercise. As for seated rows to work the back, I actually double up and use both tubes so I get a lot of resistance. I would also recommend the xercuffs in green or red. These are so great. The videos I would get are the upper and lower body resistance ones done by Keli Roberts. I have taken four of her classes on rubberized resistance and she is phenomenal. Truly an elite instructor. I did her upper body resistance in June at a fitness conference and she absolutely destroyed my arms. It was a fantastic workout. She is creative and also extremely knowledgeable. Good luck. I sent out your calendars yesterday believe it or not. Let me know what you think. God bless, Cyndie

PS My mom is struggling a little bit. I had believed she would experience some improvement but I am thinking it is going to be minimal. Her heart is very damaged and she is constantly having blood back up in the lungs. Coupled with her emphysema, her breathing is very labored. She did start cardiac rehab but was sidelined with a sinus infection that has left her pretty sick. I'll keep you posted.

Hi Cyndie, just wanted to pop on and say hi, you have been missed. I think the terrorist attack definitely took it's toll on each and every one of us in some way. It's sad and terrifying. I am sorry to hear about your mom, you never know, I have seen some miracles happen. You and she will be in my prayers. Take care. Hope you are feeling like this soon.
:-jumpy :-jumpy :-jumpy

Mary

Hi Cyndie, just wanted to pop on and say hi, you have been missed. I think the terrorist attack definitely took it's toll on each and every one of us in some way. It's sad and terrifying. I am sorry to hear about your mom, you never know, I have seen some miracles happen. You and she will be in my prayers. Take care. Hope you are feeling like this soon.
:-jumpy :-jumpy :-jumpy

Mary

Dear Cyndie:

A few months back I emailed you to ask your advice about becoming a personal trainer and you were very encouraging. Well, I went for it and recently passed my exam, so I hope it makes you feel better to know that you did me a world of good with your encouraging words, and I am hopeful that I will be able to be as helpful to others as you obviously are. Thanks again.
--Ann

What a nice post. Thanks so much for the update. Let me know if you would like any ideas on resources to help you get started. All my best, Cyndie

Hi, Cyndie,

I too have had a hard time dealing with the horror of that day. How do we learn to comprehend what is uncomprehensible, to accept what is unaccepatable, to make sense of senseless death and terror?

Time will ease the pain. But we are changed and something has been lost which can never be regained! But I for one remain hopeful that love is stronger than hate, that good will overcome evil and that changes will be made so that all men and women can come to know what we have been blessed to know here in the USA. Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

Don't be hard on yourself for your feelings but don't shy away from the people who can help you put it all into perspective. There are so many people on these forums who make me glad to be a part of them. Who make me smile and fill me with warmth.

There must be a balance between grief and respect for the lost and embracing life and saying I am here and I will make a difference in this world. I stand for freedom, for compassion and for love!

Welcome back!

Bobbi

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.