Mini mat instead of step

I do all of Cathe's workouts step-less. I tried using a towel to "mark" the step area, but found it too distracting and kept tripping on it. I think that it's easier to just do the workout without a step or towel. This way, I just use more space to compensate a bit for not having a step.

One of the fitness equipment sites (either Fitness.1st.com or power-systems.com) sale a step mat that you can use it place of a step. It is pretty pricey though. Last time I check I think it was like $34.

Hi MJD! While it works best as a cushion for the top of your step while using the step for your weight lifting bench, I'm sure you can use the mat in other ways. If you are wanting it as a marker on the floor it will work for sizing however, unless you secure it to the floor somehow, it will move around some on you as you step on it. Hope this helps!

Just noticed the mini mat on the "Shop Cathe" site and am wondering whether this can be used in place of a step for those of us who cannot bear to give up our beloved step workouts but find a regular step too much for our ailing knees.

http://www.shopcathe.com/Mini_Mat_for_Step_p/1220406.htm

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.