mini ball help

I agree, they are hard to get at a good firmness....I couldn't do anything with the straw, I
have numerous hand pumps with a very small needle-like tip, so I used that
to inflate mine, just makes it quicker I guess, but to get that plug in fast enough to hold the
air in, is a trick in itself. LOL! I just tried to get it a little firmer than what I wanted, so when
I pulled out inflation thing and put in the plug, I had a "little extra" air to play with, if that makes sense. You don't want to over inflate tho', so you need to be careful. I love the
little balls, I actually have several of them, and I don't think any of them are inflated to
the same size! But you do want it to be a little squishy, like Pauline mentioned above,
so you can grip with your hands, etc. I do like it a little squishy too, I think it stays in
place better, etc. Good luck :), you'll get it !

I think the trick is to have the pin really close by so you can get it in as quickly as possible. I use a hand pump. I pull the needle out, quickly get my finger over the hole to stop the air escaping, then grab the plug and quickly release my finger and put it in. There will always be some air lost. However, you also don't want the ball to be too hard otherwise it tends to fly out from under you when you put it behind your back for core work, and it is harder to grip so you are more likely to lose it when transferring between your hands. I always use my ball partially deflated.

When we inflated the mini balls for Cathe and crew we used the small hand pump that comes with the Cathe stability balls. If you happen to have a stability ball of any kind the pump that came with it should work well for the mini yoga ball as well. An air compressor, bike tire pump, etc. will also work. Add a tiny bit of overfill so that you have time to get the plug in before it deflates too much. I'll take a look at the straw that came in with the mini balls and try to find a trick for inflating with it and get back to you ;). Jenn

I'll take a look at the straw that came in with the mini balls and try to find a trick for inflating with it and get back to you ;). Jenn
Thanks Jenn……. I agree, using hand pump, etc. I think, is the way to inflate it, I couldn’t do anything with that straw thingy :)
Add a tiny bit of overfill so that you have time to get the plug in before it deflates too much.
Agreed! but you gotta be Fast :)

Hi there,

I had the same issue as you. After looking at my half deflated ball for a few days, this morning, I pulled the plug and started over.

This is what worked for me. Don’t use the straw, hold the mini ball like you’re going to blow up a balloon, ball in one hand, plug in the other hand. Blow, fill it with air, pinch the hole to keep the air from escaping, and then plug it!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.