Meth

>It doesn't rot out your teeth.<

I am not that educated in the ravages of meth, but I thought it did affect your teeth. Isn't that where the term, "Meth Mouth" comes from?

Certain physiological side effects do contribute to more cavities, but it's generally understood that meth mouth is exacerbated by the cravings for sugary foods and the lack of any kind of dental hygiene.

>Yes, but meth doesn't CAUSE your teeth to rot. I really
>don't like it when rumours and generalizations and half-truths
>get thrown around when it comes to drug issues. Do your
>homework, seek out information, don't just listen to what
>other people tell you.

Sorry, I guess I wouldn't know since I never tried it. Bottom line is that it is bad for you.

Charlotte~~

>Certain physiological side effects do contribute to more
>cavities, but it's generally understood that meth mouth is
>exacerbated by the cravings for sugary foods and the lack of
>any kind of dental hygiene.

Thanks for the clarification Shelley!

I really have no idea if meth does actually cause tooth decay, or what causes it, but I work in a county jail where I deal with females on a daily basis. Many of them are meth users, some are crack. Both have poor dental hygiene. Most of them come in with dental problems and rotton teeth. I think that a lot of the cause of this would be because they do not care about personal hygiene and just want to get high. One of the side effects of meth and also ex is grinding teeth. This in itself is not good for your teeth. What is sad is to look through some of the mug shots from when they first came to jail and see how some of them were actually nice looking young girls and then what they have become now. They can stay in jail for a year and be clean, but when they get out, they go right back to it. Also not only do they have rotton teeth, they have sores all over their faces, especialy around the mouth. When they "tweak" they tend to pick at themselves. It is really a devastating drug and every parent should eduacate themselves and their children. It is a difficult if not impossible drug to break free from. The more experience I have with these women, the more I come to believe that most if not all absoulutly can not break free from it.

Hi, That poem is very scary and sad. Why anyone would snort the stuff eludes me. I work in a research lab that investigates the effects of methamphetamines on the brain. We have found that meth kills dopaminergic neurons and which then leads to Parkinson's Disease especially in males. Just another reason to avoid the junk.
Suzanne

Well, it looks like Bush just signed a renewal of the Patriot act which, in part, now means as of Sept 30th in ALL states there will be new restrictions on the sale of over-the-counter cold and allergy medicines, which contain a key ingredient for methamphetamine. Customers will be limited to buying 300 30-milligram pills in a month or 120 such pills in a day. This would make an exception for "single-use" sales -- individually packaged pseudoephedrine products.

In other words, if you didn't have to buy your pseduoephedrine products at the pharmacy counter before September 30th 2006 (we've been doing it in Texas since August 1, 2005) you will be now. People are not happy about buying cold products at the pharmacy because the pharmacy has to be open. People must show ID, have their name logged and they must sign for it. The government has the right to inspect these records at any time...they absolutely do not fall under HIPPA regulations and privacy regulations. I ask you... whose fault is it?:(

Food for thought,
Robin

>Well, it looks like Bush just signed a renewal of the Patriot
>act which, in part, now means as of Sept 30th in ALL states
>there will be new restrictions on the sale of over-the-counter
>cold and allergy medicines, which contain a key ingredient for
>methamphetamine. Customers will be limited to buying 300
>30-milligram pills in a month or 120 such pills in a day. This
>would make an exception for "single-use" sales -- individually
>packaged pseudoephedrine products.
>
>In other words, if you didn't have to buy your pseduoephedrine
>products at the pharmacy counter before September 30th 2006
>(we've been doing it in Texas since August 1, 2005) you will
>be now. People are not happy about buying cold products at the
>pharmacy because the pharmacy has to be open. People must show
>ID, have their name logged and they must sign for it. The
>government has the right to inspect these records at any
>time...they absolutely do not fall under HIPPA regulations and
>privacy regulations. I ask you... whose fault is it?:(
>
>Food for thought,
>Robin
>

This has been going on in MI already. I haven't needed to go to the pharmacy to buy anything since the stuff that is still on the shelves work fine for me. I try not to use too much of it anyway. Hard to believe what the world is coming to.

Rhonda
>

Yes, so this stuff does cause the teeth to rot out, I knew it did cause I had heard so much about it and read alot about it.......

Rhonda:7

Check out this site:

http://www.notevenonce.com/

It is from the Montana Meth Project. We have been seeing these commercials on TV for quite awhile now and they are downright frightening! Hopefully they are getting the message across. It's hard to believe in a state like Montana with primarily a rural population, that we can have such a problem....but we do!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.