Meso3 - What method did you choose? Squat Rack or STS Plyos

Hi Buddies,

I am planning to do both Plyos and squat rack routines to maximise the shock.

Has anyone done this combination? Should any of you ever done it please share your thoughts. I am not sure I will be adding the weighted vest but I really want to do both method each week.

Hope you can share your opinion on this,

Kind Regards :eek::rolleyes:,

I haven't done it yet, but I vote for plyo most of the time. I hate having weight on my shoulders. Doing the plyo w/o makes you feel so.......like man! if I can do that whole thing, I can do ANYTHING! know what I mean? just don't think I'd think that way lifting weights. cardio is my real love.
I would lift heavy some of the time, but yeah. I vote mostly for plyo. but do whatever works best for ya :)

Hi Nathalie,

I own Squat Rack but chose Plyo Legs as my option. Cathe says so herself on CatheTv that unless you have a squat rack or a spotter (I did not have either), you may never reach your full lifting potential at 80-90%1RM. I was set on doing Squat Rack primarily, and I even bought a 20lbs weighted vest. After my first disc, I knew what Cathe was talking about. My legs are strong, so squatting and lunging only 65lbs at 8reps, I was not challenged :(. No lactic acid, no burning, no DOMS, nothing. It felt like a waste of time TBH. Also, I wanted to be safe when lifting the barbell over my head and onto my back. For me, it started to get "iffy" over 50lbs. I'm not down with getting injured, sorry. I tucked those discs away and Plyo Legs suited me just fine :eek:.

Good luck with whatever you chose!

Natasha

Thanks Natasha,

I will do both----Plyo works very well on me but It has been a while since I have not changed the weight load doing squat and lunges. I feel it is time to move on and see how it works for me. I may not need too much load as I am an hourglass frame :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:.
I want to challenge my muscles though.

I will report on the outcome of trial;)

Kind Regards,

I finished STS in July and did both Squat Rack and Plyo Legs. I used Plyo Legs as one of my three cardio w/o for the week. I was SUPER challenged by it and developed great strength as well as explosive jumping ability. I say, give both a try!;)

2x lower body STS/Both plyo + Squat

I finished STS in July and did both Squat Rack and Plyo Legs. I used Plyo Legs as one of my three cardio w/o for the week. I was SUPER challenged by it and developed great strength as well as explosive jumping ability. I say, give both a try!;)

Thanks Nancy,

That sounds great to me----Doing both is the plan ;)

Thanks ladies for the feedback.

I am finishing up M3 and doing the squat rack. I don't like all that jumping:confused: I don't think you need to do both if you use heavy weights with the squat rack, JMO!

I did the squat rack discs too instead of plyo legs and I loved them. The jumping wasn't for me either.

Plyo plus squat Rack

Hi Everyone,

This is an old thread but wanted to report on opting for both method.

I got good result last year and I am planning to do both again this year.
Again thanks to Nancy for sharing your thoughts. I think your views motivated me to try out both.

Like you Nancy, I love the jumping and I am grateful for not having any knee issue. Both squat rack and plyo work better for my legs. They slim, tone and lastly but more importantly define my legs. Endurance tone my legs up to some degree but nothing slim and define my legs as plyo and squat rack. Since last year, I have visited the challenging and super fun Cardio leg blast. Love it. I have two words to describe this work out anaerobic (lack of oxygen cause I felt I needed a spare lung) and strength

Hi Everyone,

This is an old thread but wanted to report on opting for both method.

I got good result last year and I am planning to do both again this year.
Again thanks to Nancy for sharing your thoughts. I think your views motivated me to try out both.

Like you Nancy, I love the jumping and I am grateful for not having any knee issue. Both squat rack and plyo work better for my legs. They slim, tone and lastly but more importantly define my legs. Endurance tone my legs up to some degree but nothing slim and define my legs as plyo and squat rack. Since last year, I have visited the challenging and super fun Cardio leg blast. Love it. I have two words to describe this work out anaerobic (lack of oxygen cause I felt I needed a spare lung) and strength

Same here. I did both last year and I really liked doing things that way. I also love Cardio Leg Blast.

Nathalie and Nikki,

Thanks for posting as I was wondering about doing both and saw this thread. Just purchased a squat rack from Craig's and set it up today. I also took advantage of Cathe's 40% off downloads and bought STS Squat Rack. I love Plyo Legs and wanted to be able to do both and have the best of both worlds. Glad you received good results. I am currently doing a 90 day Xtrain rotation and hope to start STS soon after.

Lori

Nathalie and Nikki,

Thanks for posting as I was wondering about doing both and saw this thread. Just purchased a squat rack from Craig's and set it up today. I also took advantage of Cathe's 40% off downloads and bought STS Squat Rack. I love Plyo Legs and wanted to be able to do both and have the best of both worlds. Glad you received good results. I am currently doing a 90 day Xtrain rotation and hope to start STS soon after.

Lori

I never saw this thread, but you are going to rock it! Every time I do STS I do both variations. I'm lucky to own a BodySolid Squat Machine, so I don't worry about weight or a spotter, and that makes it possible for me to lift very heavy. Do both workouts, because they really are very different and you will reap the benefits.

So for example you would do plyo on Monday and squat rack Friday? That sounds brutal.

I do train my legs differently twice a week, but what is your recovery like doing these two very demanding workouts a week?

Nathalie and Nikki,

Lori

Hi Lori,

You are welcome.

Pls let me know your thoughts on cardio leg blast from x-train. That is a perfect phewee-strength leg work. I truly feel the after burn. On leg day I always tend to strive for both strength and cardio in. If I don't, I am always left with a dreadful feeling of not working hard enough :-//.

That's why I love it

Last edited:
So for example you would do plyo on Monday and squat rack Friday? That sounds brutal.

I do train my legs differently twice a week, but what is your recovery like doing these two very demanding workouts a week?

Hi Pinkquinn,

IMO, the recovery ability depend on fitness level. Monday and Wednesday/Thursday is better than Friday, considering you workout Monday to saturday. if Saturday is day off, Friday is better.

It sounds brutal but it's fun.:D;)
Questionable to some! Certainly fun for me;):rolleyes:

All the best,

Hi Lori,

You are welcome.

Pls let me know your thoughts on cardio leg blast from x-train. That is a perfect phewee-strength leg work. I truly feel the after burn. On leg day I always tend to strive for both strength and cardio in. If I don't, I am always left with a dreadful feeling of not working hard enough :-//.

That's why I love it

I feel the same way on leg day as I really need both. I love cardio leg blast one of my favorites in XTain. Another good leg workout is the leg blaster premix on butts and guts. Omg! Killer. Did this for the first time yesterday and after this one my legs were completely exhausted. My cardio for the day was walking the dog and that was enough!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.