Meso 3

krassymira

Cathlete
I am currently on week 3 of meso 2 and I've never lifted as heavy in my life before. I find my body cant always keep up with the 5% increase and in a way I feel sorry I didnt decide on the 6 mo rotation since the repeat of each week would probably allow more time for acclimatisation to the new weight and hence smoother overall experience. But thats that, I'm plugging along. My question is, what to expect in meso 3? If 75% of my 1RM looks like my limit, how will I complete the program to the end? My body has just started to respond to STS, I finaly see some, even though for now minimal, progress, and I dont want to quit. I just feel like 90% is inconceivable right now...
Any insight from the STS grads?
Thanks! Krasy

You might be surprised when you get to meso 3. There are less reps than in the 2 other mesos. I thought that I will not be able to increase the weight to 90% RM,, but I did it. I did 3 month rotation. Good Luck!

I am currently on week 3 of meso 2 and I've never lifted as heavy in my life before. I find my body cant always keep up with the 5% increase and in a way I feel sorry I didnt decide on the 6 mo rotation since the repeat of each week would probably allow more time for acclimatisation to the new weight and hence smoother overall experience. But thats that, I'm plugging along. My question is, what to expect in meso 3? If 75% of my 1RM looks like my limit, how will I complete the program to the end? My body has just started to respond to STS, I finaly see some, even though for now minimal, progress, and I dont want to quit. I just feel like 90% is inconceivable right now...
Any insight from the STS grads?
Thanks! Krasy

I am @ the end of M3-W3 (lifting 90%) O gotta tell ya from week 1 of M3 I am IN SHOCK at how much I am able to lift every week. As the other poster said- you decrease reps so its VERY do-able.
Keep in mind that if you get to week 1 of M3 & a load is too heavy (you cant do 6-8 reps with good form) you'll know it on your first rep...Pause DVD and change loads. Personally I wouldnt alter the 1RM because sometimes we just have a weak day... You may find that the next week you are fine with the target load. M3 is AMAZING- I never would have believed I'd enjoy lifting this way over M2.

Wow, Traci, really?? Meso 3 is your fave? Interesting... :) and very encouraging! Thank you, and thanks Magda, for the support!
Krasy

Ditto for what the other's said! I am on my second 3.5 mth rotation and when I reviewed the last rotation of STS, I am up 10 POUNDS on most of the exercises! I have NEVER in my life been so impressed with the weight I am lifting! Good luck to you!

I'm with the rest of em here! Already finished my first round of STS and started the second. Now that I'm back in M1 again it surprises me how much stronger I am then when i started the 1st round. Stay motivated... mind over matter :)

Another one chiming in for Meso 3. :) I love lifting heavy and am shocked by how much progress I have made.

Keep in mind that the exercises in Mesos 1 and 2 have a higher rep count and tend to be a little faster in execution (though you can slow that down if necessary). For me personally, that makes the workouts harder and more exhausting. If you had asked me back in Meso 2 if I'd be lifting well in Meso 3, I would have said, "No way."

My first week of Meso 3 did in fact look like it was going to be tough with a few exercises, especially concentration curls. But something happened between Weeks 1 and 3 (I'm doing the 6 month rotation) because now I'm not only meeting my target weight for concentration curls, I've had to bump it up.

Hang in there. I had to adjust my poundage (and thus my 1RM) quite a few times during Mesos 1 and 2. By the time Meso 3 came along, regardless of how much I struggled during previous weeks, I was ready.

Wow, Lori, Melissa, AYL - you guys make it sound so wonderful, I am getting impatient now to get there! Lol.. well I have one and a half week to go actually and I'll be tete a tete with meso 3 :)
One more question: did any of you guys did both plyo AND squat rack legs in the same week? I wonder if that is doable - not that I want to change anything, I just dont want this wonderful product that Cathe made to go to waste :) if I may say so.

My first 3.5 mth rotation, I did the squat rack legs only. This time around I chose to do Plyo. I would never dream of punishing myself with both during the same rotation. Holy cow! :)

Actually, I was just considering that. :D

Since I'm doing a 6 month rotation, I did Plyo for one week, and Squats the next. I was having a tough week at the time though in terms of workouts, so my first experience with Plyo wasn't the best. That is one tough workout!

I'm feeling good now though, so I'm going to try both this week. I did Squats last Tuesday, and I'm still hurting. Plyo is up for tomorrow ~ I'll let you know. :eek:

Well, I'm still alive. :eek:

Obviously this depends on one's level of fitness, but for me, spacing out the two leg workouts is a must. I was still hurting from Tuesday's Squat Rack workout, which made Friday's Plyo workout just a little uglier.

My aim wasn't to hit my legs hard again but to combine some leg sculpting with cardio. I lowered my weights a LOT but attempted to give 100% to the plyo segments. The result:

* I got the cardio intensity I was looking for. Even with lower poundage, the weighted exercises kept my heart rate up while the plyo exercises spiked my heart rate. All in all, it was a good opportunity to train myself to recover between the two kinds of exercises, which is a very quick 30 seconds.

* Keeping the poundage low allowed me to maintain good form and kept me from totally crapping out during the plyo work.

* I won't lie ~ I was watching the timer during this workout. There were moments where I considered stopping and calling it a day. I've been doing a lot of 3 day splits, so perhaps my lack of training with circuit workouts is showing now.

This workout is definitely one where I personally have tons of room for improvement. Those who are interested in sneaking in Plyo in the same week as Squat Rack, I would highly suggest two things:

1) Space the workouts out as much as you can.

2) Lower the poundage for Plyo, at least in the beginning.

Lori, thats eaxctly how I thought it would be! Of course you must lower the weights - may be even no weights at all is a must! Otherwise you'd sacrifice form and nobody needs that. I'm glad you were able to finish and I think I'm gonna try to do it that way too, when the time comes.
Good luck with the rest of the program! Definitely keep in touch! :)
Krasy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.