meso 2 help

marymac

Cathlete
I just started meso 2 and it is so hard. i am trying to do the 6 month rotation, I already completed 8 weeks of meso 1 and took 1 week rest. I'm not sure if I could do 8 weeks of meso 2 and then a month of meso 3. Do u think it is ok to do meso 2 and 3 just one time(1 month each). So that is a 4.5 month rotation. Or should I just to to keep with it for the 2 months. Any input would help, Thanks

Mary

I felt the same way. I did the 8 weeks of meso one just fine, but when I started meso 2 I felt overwhelmed with how hard it was and so shortened it to 4 weeks to "get it over with." I'm not sure if that was the best thing to do, but it was the only way I could get through it. I am now on my second round of STS, ready to start my second week of meso 3. This time I did meso 2 the full 8 weeks-and loved it! I'm not sure why I hated it so much the first time around. So maybe if I had stuck with the 8 week program the first time I would have ended up liking it instead of hating the whole 4 weeks. I don't know. Its really your call. Either way you will be getting a fantastic weight workout for your body. My hunch is that if you stay with the 8 week plan, you'll end up liking it better. That seemed to be the case for me the second time around.
Beth

I just started my second week of Meso 2 yesterday. I actually am loving it! I'm also doing the 6 1/2 month rotation. What is it about M2 that's so hard for you? Are the weights too heavy? If so, back them down just a bit. Myself, I've had to increase my weights in M2. I guess I made more strength gains in M1 than I thought. I like M2 better because I like having that 1 minute rest! LOL!

I'm a very systematic type person. I set up for the 6 1/2 months, so I'm doing 6 1/2 months! I don't really think it is a good or bad thing to play with the schedule as long as you work your way through the whole program. The most important part is to do it to where you can get through it! Even if if means shortening up your schedule!

Good luck!

When I started STS in fall I had planned on doing the 3 1/2 month rotation but when I got to Meso 2 I found it to be such a jump that I decided to slow down the program and do Meso 2 in the 6+ month way because I didn't think I could keep up with increasing my weights every week.

Keep in mind, Cathe says often that if you cannot do all the reps she is doing just back off a few. On some of the sets it took everything I had to complete it.

After I was done with two months of Meso 2 I decided to take a break and am planning to start Cathe's STS weight and cardio rotation (but will change up some of the cardio, i.e. adding in running as is gets warmer).

My first upper body workout after the rest period was PUB. I have never been able to match Cathe in weights but I thought, what the heck, I was feeling so strong after Meso 2 I decided to try it.

Much to my pure delight - I matched her in all weights and realized in back and shoulders that I would need to INCREASE my weights. I was ecstatic!

So try and hang in there with Meso 2. It is tough but I think the gains are well worth the fight of getting through it.

Good luck!

Wow! That is awesome that you were able to match Cathe in weights for PUB. That is one of my goals, as well, especially the biceps! She blows me away on those! And she cracks me up when I am doing it. She is so cute and funny! I love it when she says "they really did get quiet...pause pause...but I can hear them crying"

Wow! That is awesome that you were able to match Cathe in weights for PUB. That is one of my goals, as well, especially the biceps! She blows me away on those! And she cracks me up when I am doing it. She is so cute and funny! I love it when she says "they really did get quiet...pause pause...but I can hear them crying"

I really thought the bicep set was the one that I just wouldn't be able to but I decided to try since I could always drop down in weight. I won't kid you - it was a killer but I managed it and I was crying along with them:p.

I never did do Meso 3 so I am looking forward to doing the whole rotation starting Feb. 1st.

Thanks everyone for your feedback. Meso 2 is a challenge. I think it is because I prefer endurance workouts and mixing muscles up and not doing say all back to failure. I think since this is my first round of STS and meso 2 is scary and meso 3 might be crazy hard, I am going to do each meso 1x.

I also just found out we will be moving in April, so it is probably better to finish STS before then.

You all inspire me, so I hope to do the full 6 month rotation in the future.

Mary

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.