May I vent please, about THE FIRM?

I have NEVER enjoyed Firms, and I've tried to many times. I do realize that a lot of people started their fitness journey with The Firm, which is great. Just not for me.

Ruth
:)

I can't stand the fact that with every BSS they come up with, you have to buy a new piece of equipment. How much crap do they think we need? I have my original 5 and like a few others but bought into the 3BSS systems and now I can't get rid of them no matter how hard I try. Cathe is on the top shelf in my workout space!

Just started a Body Blast rotation and am really loving my results, can't say that about the firm.

Jen

LOL....I love it...

When I got serious about working out, I started to run 4 times a week and do another cardio (30-40 minutes plus strength work). I found the Firm from television got the BBS1 and purchased the stick off ebay. I always bought the DVD's seperately. I too found the older Firms more challenging then the stuff put out after BBS1, because the strenghth workout w/Jen Carmon on BBS1 is still a good workout. I found Cathe on the forum of Collagevideo and then my girlfriend said to check her out on FitTv, because she worked out with her everyday. Enough said, I had to put the Firm out to pasture and have been on board with Cathe since.

I gave away the fanny lifter and some of the newer tapes, but I have kept the older ones because they are still more challenging and then you never know when you get an injury and can't do Cathe right away and have to substitute to something less strenuous.

JMHO

My thing is why purchase an incline box? It is more logical to purchase a step and increase/decrease in risers. At least this will not faulter as many have complained about that incline box.

JMHO

Having to buy the equipment just to use the Firm really turned me off and I didn't buy any of the newer workouts.

Also, has anyone noticed that some of the instructors sound like robots. The Firm I borrowed from the library has Stephanie Huckabee as the instructor and when she is talking it sounds like the other firms, they all say the same thing in the same tone of voice as if she is reading a script.

Makes me appreciate Cathe even more.

Shirley

Here you go. I called the Firm (or GT) - since you can't send them an e-mail without paying to do so - and suggested to the telephone operator that she log onto the Cathe website (oh, and it's free I told her) and look for this thread. Told her how many of us were long time firmies but won't be returning or buying any more of their worthless props. I really did have a lot of loyalty to them since I began with them so long ago. Thank goodness for Cathe and crew.

I really liked the comment earlier about Stephanie Huckabie sounding like a robot in the new Firm BSS3 system. To me, they all look like Stepford wives-all smiling all the time, and saying the same thing over and over again. (In this case, the Chrissy and the Stephanie DVD's comment "Beginners, this is your move." It is anoying, they both say it at least 4 times in the sculpting workouts they do.) I also beleive everything happens for a reason. I found out about Cathe on the Firm boards. I have purchased over 30 video/DVDs from Cathe now, and only do the Firm when I am not feeling as strong. I admit I still have a soft spot in my heart for the original Firms Volumes 1, 3,4, 5 and 6. I love Susan Harris and Tracie Long, and can't wait till the new TLP videos come out. Susan hopefully will be teaching one of them.
I did not get the results from the FIRM, but I don't think you are supposed to. Remember "20 Questions about Fitness?" You are supposed to get a swimmers body from using the Firm, not a bodybuilders body. So you really aren't supposed to get a lot of muscle out of that workout.
I am interested in just seeing what the new box is like, though. I think it is called "The Transfirmer."

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.