May 06 Rotation... 5 day split

Cathe Friedrich

Administrator
Hi Everyone! This month consists of doing a 5 day split. We will do legs twice each week. The second leg workout is about 35 minutes and will hit hamstrings, glutes, and calves more exclusively. This rotation will keep you strong, fit, and lean. Remember to eat clean too for best overall results.

5 DAY SPLIT

WEEK ONE:

Mon......PS Chest and Triceps only (skip shoulders) plus cardio of choice

Tues.....PS Legs and Abs

Wed......45 minute steady state run/ Segment one stretch Max

Thurs....PS Back/Bi/Abs

Fri......PS (Shoulders only) plus MIS (Shoulders only) then MIS ABS plus step cardio of choice

Sat......30 minutes of Legs: Own warm up 5 min/ then do Kick Max (leg conditioning drills only) followed by 50 calf raises toes straight, 50 calf raises toes turned in slightly, 50 calf raises toes turned out slightly, followed by Pyramid Lower Body (stability ball segment only)

Sun....stetch workout of choice

WEEK TWO:

Mon: S&H....Legs (only) Segment one Coremax

Tues..S&H Chest followed by S&H Tricpes. 30 minutes of step cardio of choice.

Wed....HI/LO cardio of choice plus coremax segment two

Thurs....S&H Back followed by S&H Biceps

Fri......30 minutes of Legs: Own warm up 5 min/ then do Kick Max (leg conditioning drills only) followed by 50 calf raises toes straight, 50 calf raises toes turned in slightly, 50 calf raises toes turned out slightly, followed by Legs and Glutes floorwork segment.

Sat.....S&H Shoulders only plus ABS from Pyramid upper body. 30 minute interval run.

Sun.....stretch workout of choice

WEEK THREE:

Mon......Gym Style Chest and Triceps plus Abs only from Muscle Endurance

Tues.....Gym Style Legs plus 30 minute steady state run.

Wed.......Gym Style Back and Biceps (skip Shoulders)plus 40 minutes or more of step aerobic workout of choice.

Thurs.....30 minutes of Legs: Own warm up 5 min/ then do Kick Max (leg conditioning drills only) followed by 50 calf raises toes straight, 50 calf raises toes turned in slightly, 50 calf raises toes turned out slightly, followed by Pyramid Lower Body (stability ball segment only). Now do Abs only from Cardio and Weights

Fri.......Gym Style Shoulders Only followed by MIS shoulders only

Sat.....KPC

Sun....Stretch workout of choice

WEEK FOUR

Mon: S&H Chest followed by S&H Tricpes. CTX Kickbox (cardio portion only)

Tues.. S&H....Legs (only) Abs only from Step, Jump, Pump

Wed....HI/LO cardio of choice plus coremax segment two

Thurs....S&H Back followed by S&H Biceps

Fri......30 minutes of Legs: Own warm up 5 min/ then do Kick Max (leg conditioning drills only) followed by 50 calf raises toes straight, 50 calf raises toes turned in slightly, 50 calf raises toes turned out slightly, followed by Legs and Glutes floorwork segment.

Sat.....S&H Shoulders only plus ABS from Muscle Max. 30 minute interval run.

Sun.....stretch workout of choice

Enjoy!

Good Morning Cathe,

This Rotation is just what I needed. Thank you for the time you spend creating rotations every month... Without you, where would I be?

I've now lost 40 pounds, and trying hard to keep up, but I'm afraid I'm still Intermediate. One day though, I will get there.

Janie

Hi Cathe~
Ooooh!!! I can feel my calves cramping already! ;) Thanks for taking the time to make these rotations!

I've never done a "strength" (as opposed to "endurance") rotation before. And I like the idea of two days on legs, esp hamstring area. I'm going to try this one and see what results I get. Thanks!

I would love to do this rotation, but I'm missing several dvd's...I don't have PS chest & triceps, PS back. I only have GS Legs, and I have the S&H shoulders/legs vhs tape, and the other S&H workouts taped from Fit tv. Any suggestions for substitutions? I have PH, MM, MIS, PUB, PLB...will these work, or do I have to purchase all those other dvds? Thanks!

I just had to pipe up re the calf raises in this rotation. I'd never done them with the different toe arrangements before and... HOLY TREMBLING MUSCLES BATMAN! I am hobbling around today like a wee old lady. But in that nice, DOMS, satisfying kind of way :) Cheers Cathe!

Another thanks from Minnesota Cathe!

I've been adapting your workouts for a running rotation and this is just what I needed. Our winters are sooo looong that I need to be outside for cardio when the ice melts off the lakes.

Colleen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.