Male Cast Members-STS

JulesMT

Cathlete
Dear Cathe/SNM, I was wondering if there will be any male cast members in the upcoming STS workouts? I would love for my husband to work out with me and this system sounds like it will be great for men as well as women. It is always easier to convince hubby to work out with me when there are some male cast members he can follow ;)

Jules

I totally agree on this subject. I am planning to purchase the series for my father, and I'm sure he would like it if there were guys in it, too. It could possibly convince others to buy it, as well.

Yea, there's a tendancy to think of workout dvds featuring all-women as "girls stuff." We know better but it keeps men from even wanting to check it out. And if, as the blog indicates, the seperate program Cathe's developing will help everyone decide what weight is best for them (as opposed to just trying to do/or work up to the weight Cathe uses) it means the program can be tailored to ANYONE. So it should be just as effective for men as women, and all people at whatever fitness level. I agree.

I'll be perfectly honest, I wouldn't mind some men in the series just to have some nice looking guys to look at. It's a pleasant change of pace.

Hi Jules! It is my intension to include male cast members for these workouts. No promises that this will indeed be the case but I am working diligently on making this a reality:)

May I suggest Brad Pitt, Josh Hartman, Donny Osmond and Tommy Morrical :eek: Etc. Experience isn't necessary.;-)
Rocky

May I add to the "hottie" list? Jimmy Smits (those dark men just slay me), Dwyane Johnson, aka "The Rock?" C'mon Cathe, you are a celebrity girl, work it!:7

As one of your male fans, please just don't make one of your guests Richard Simmons :) Love your videos!

If no celebrities come through, I'd be more than happy with repeat performances from some of the male cast members used in the past. Jai's hubby in Boot Camp is a serious cutie and, um, very inspiring! :9 (No offense, Jai, if by some chance you happen to read this!)

My husband is in New Orleans this week.
I told him if he gets a chance to meet with Brad Pitt,
to tell him to give Cathe a call.
I wish I would have made this trip with him, after seeing Brad on the News.x( I Love Richard Simmons
Rocky

Hi Debbie,

I don't know about his energy. I do enjoy it when David Letterman has him on the show and those two go at it, or when Richard was a guest on Whose Line is it Anyway?

Tom

Who is Henry Rollins?
Hmmmmmmmmmmm Someone's husband?
Hey,
How about Cathe's Husband joining the cast for STS???:eek:

>How about Henry Rollins? :p :p

I Looooove Henry.

For those of you wondering, Henry Rollins is the godfather of the old L.A. punk scene and he's SERIOUSLY fit. The Rollins band even put out a cd called WEIGHT back in 1994 that, to this day, is a staple for me. At present, he hosts The Henry Rollins Show (on Fuse and IFC [The Independent Film Channel]) which is a sort of interview/performance show, featuring all manner of guests. The man knows a WIDE variety of people and has a cult following of fans who respect him deeply (I'm one). He also runs his own publishing house. IMPRIMATUR focuses mostly on cutting-edge poetry by mostly brilliant people, some known, others not so much. Rollins also gives what he calls spoken-word performances that are really in-your-face stand-up. Many of these spoken-word shows are available on cd and many are hysterical. I especially like the one where he riffs on the type of people you see at airports (there's a bit about James Brown, whom he adores that's REALLY funny). There are so few people in the entertainment industry I truly respect and, brother, he's way up there for me.

He'd die before he'd ever do an aerobic cd. Still, I remember what he said ten years ago when ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY asked him why he's so into weight lifting: Because it's one of few things in life where you get back everything you put into it. So true.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.