Making my list.....

pugw

Cathlete
and checking it twice.:D

So I'm going shopping tomorrow and I'm trying to decide what I really need. I had planned on being at my physical best by the time the RT rolled around but seem to have outgrown most of my clothing instead.:eek:

I know that I will need up to 6 w/o outfits. I trying to decide what to wear when we're not exercising. And at the rate we're going, that won't be too often. :eek: How often will we actually be in real clothes? I'm thinking Friday and Saturday night and when we leave on Sunday. And this clothing needs to be something that we can get physical in as well? So no skirts or anything and very casual. Is this correct?

Thanks. Any suggestions appreciated.

Rhondalyn, I am planning on bringing 1 or 2 pair of skorts. I find they are easy to adjust to many different occasions.

Rhondalyn, I agree with Saundra, and from past RT experiences (this is my 4th), you'll be more comfy in workout clothes in between classes. Not to mention that if you're already IN your workout clothes, you won't have to 'fight' for space in the locker room, which gets tight with so many women in it at one time. 2-3 outfits tops, is what I would recommend.

Gayle

Rhondalyn, I agree with Saundra, and from past RT experiences (this is my 4th), you'll be more comfy in workout clothes in between classes. Not to mention that if you're already IN your workout clothes, you won't have to 'fight' for space in the locker room, which gets tight with so many women in it at one time. 2-3 outfits tops, is what I would recommend.

Gayle

totally agree

Suzette

Rhondalyn!

and checking it twice.:D

So I'm going shopping tomorrow and I'm trying to decide what I really need. I had planned on being at my physical best by the time the RT rolled around but seem to have outgrown most of my clothing instead.:eek:

I know that I will need up to 6 w/o outfits. I trying to decide what to wear when we're not exercising. And at the rate we're going, that won't be too often. :eek: How often will we actually be in real clothes? I'm thinking Friday and Saturday night and when we leave on Sunday. And this clothing needs to be something that we can get physical in as well? So no skirts or anything and very casual. Is this correct?

Thanks. Any suggestions appreciated.

Hi Rhondalyn!

I agree with the advice you've been given. Here are a few more thoughts just illustrating why you've been given GREAT advice! :)

Friday evening you'll have a window of time between your 5:15 class (which is an hour long) and the Fitness Relay Race (which is going to take place mid-evening). In that window of time you are welcome to wear comfy street clothes. As you've been told by other Road Trippers, most people are in capris, shorts, skorts, tee shirts, soft-soled sandals or sneakers. Remember no hard-soled shoes are allowed in Cathe's gym, please, so don't even pack those! For the Fitness Relay Race most people stay in the clothes they were wearing and simply change into sneakers if they didn't already have them on. And finally, Friday night we'll end the evening with our Jammies Nightcap Stretch, so you'll want to bring jammies or yoga clothes to make a quick change for that class.

On Saturday you'll be most comfortable if after each workout you just change into your next workout's outfit. That is most definitely the mode most people will be in, most of the time. After our last workout on Saturday afternoon, you'll go back to the hotels to shower and change for dinner and our evening party. You can wear anything fun and comfy and casual that you want to wear, but once again no one really "dresses up." And you DO most definitely need to bring sneakers with you, or wear them. We have an activity that you'll need those for. ;)

By the way, just FYI, I myself am probably going to bring a super-comfy and very casual little skirt for Saturday night (it's above the knee but long enough to be fine for our "activity").

Hope this is helpful!

Thanks so much for the advice girls. :D I like to wear casual (denim) skirts and was hoping they might be okay. I'll plan on one w/o outfit after another for Saturday and capris or shorts for Friday evening. I'll save my skirt for Sat. evening and pray I don't show my butt during our "activity". :eek: And, of course, I'll probably bring backups in case I happen to change my mind.;)

It was very helpful, Kathy. Exactly what I wanted to know.:D

Thanks so much for the advice girls. :D I like to wear casual (denim) skirts and was hoping they might be okay. I'll plan on one w/o outfit after another for Saturday and capris or shorts for Friday evening. I'll save my skirt for Sat. evening and pray I don't show my butt during our "activity". :eek: And, of course, I'll probably bring backups in case I happen to change my mind.;)

It was very helpful, Kathy. Exactly what I wanted to know.:D

Glad to help, Rhondalyn! :D

My skirt, just to let you know, is a drawstring-waisted relaxed and fuller style that's easy to move in. If your denim skirt is slim you may want to tuck a pair of shorts or capris into your gym bag for Saturday night, since you'll want to have a little freedom of movement for our "activity". ;) But if your skirt's more like mine you'll be good to go. We'll be upright so modesty in a skirt's not gonna be an issue, honest!!

Mabdoo -- Class schedule, what to do between classes

Do you have a rough idea of the times of the workouts on Sat? What do people do in between?

Hi mabdoo!

Yup, I can give you workout times, give or take a few minutes.

First Saturday class will be 8:45ish, right after we take our group photo. It's an hour. Cathe is still deciding which format this class will be (e.g., step, kickbox, upper body blast, lower body blast, circuit, etc.)

Then we'll all have a short break (15 minutes) to get water, towel up and move to our next activity

Second Saturday class is definitely going to be a boot camp, and we will split into two groups for that class. The first group will start boot camp right after the 15-minute break. The second group will have a choice between two alternative activities for the next hour, one of which will be a Q&A session about anything you like with Chris Williams (Cathe's business partner). The other alternative activity is something we've been trying to nail down and we are confident we'll be able to tell you about it later this week. It'll be a more physically active thing. :D

So that takes up that next hour, you see. Then we'll have another brief break and we'll switch places. The group that just finished boot camp will move to Q&A with Chris or alternate activity, and the group that had been chillin' will move to boot camp.

After that, you'll have time to change clothes and clean up, and it's lunch buffet time, yum!

While and after you eat, we Coordinators will be making some announcements and leading you in some games and prize-giving-out kind of stuff. Fun and relaxing. You'll also be able to shop for Cathe gear during this break, and of course Cathe will be around so you can chat with her and get photo ops.

After that nice interlude you'll be dismissed to change your clothes, and we'll move right into our third class of the day for an hour. That'll finish up your afternoon, believe it or not -- by the time this class is over and you've gathered your gear, it'll be time to head back to the hotels to shower and change for our evening party!

Hope this helps! :D

One thing I found helpful last year: I was in the first group of the bootcamp class which started not long after the first class of the morning was done. I decided NOT to change clothes and shower before the bootcamp class because time was slightly short and I was still relatively "fresh";). That worked out well and the shower after 2 near back to back classes was HEAVENLY! That saved me a whole outfit too. There was a longer amount of time between the second and third classes of the day for everyone to freshen up. I think if I had waited to be in the second bootcamp group I may have felt the need to shower and change. Obviously, not everyone can be in the first group and the nice thing about being in the second group is you have time to rest and rehydrate, so I may try that group this year. Baby wipes are very helpful for wiping your face and since I carried them I did not feel the need for a hand towel which soon gets sweaty. Kareng

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.