Magazines?

sparrow

Cathlete
I'm in the market for some new magazines. Any suggestions? Fitness, health, cooking, women, alternative, political...I'm open to anything you read and like :D

TIA! Sparrow

My garden is filled with papayas and mangos
My life is a mixture of reggaes and tangos
Taste for the good life, I can live it no other way
- Jimmy Buffett

I receive Cooking Light, Sunset Magazine (about living "out West"), Health, and Writer's Digest. I've also purchased some beading magazines in the past, but don't subscribe to any. I used to get Log Home Living and Islands Magazine. "Islands" was a lot of fun to learn about islands all over the world.

I would suggest going to a bookstore and browsing their extensive magazine rack. You're sure to find several premium choices to subscribe to.

Hey there Sparrow. On someone's suggestion from this forum, I subscribed to On Fitness magaine and absolutely love it. I also receive Alternative Medicine which I love too!!

Lea

Hi Sparrow,

Are you open to any of my picks?

Runner's World, Marathon and Beyond, National Review. I've narrowed down my subscriptions to these three must haves (for me anyway).

I subscribe to and enjoy:
Everyday with Ray-easy recipes and interesting finds.
Womens Health, Self and Shape
All for You
Golf for Women-great tips and travel ideas.

Jenn

One of my favorites is MORE magazine. It's geared for women over 40 and though it does have some fitness tips in it, it is more about the overall experience of women in their 40's, 50's and beyond. Love it!
I also enjoy HEALTH magazine, SHAPE but I think I'll let that lapse for now, PREVENTION, also thinking of letting that lapse for now. There's a lot of great ones out there, but when you subscribe to them and get them on a monthly basis, they sort of all sound the same after awhile.

In the past I have subscribed to Runner's World, Fitness, Cooking Light, and Everyday With Rachael Ray. I realized how much I was spending on magazines and cut back. I only have one, Women's Sports and Fitness. It is excellent! It has profiles of women like us doing amazing things with their sport of choice, rather it be running, cycling, skiing, etc. It has great information about food and exercising. The only downfall is that it only comes out 6 times a year. I'm always waiting for it to arrive. I think you can buy a copy at Borders. I have been to their website. I THINK the address is www.womenssportsandfitness.com. If you do a search on the web I think you should be able to find it.

I ike reading Oprah's "O" magazine, even though I don't like her much. The magazine is sensible and ful of advice and inspiration basically. I also like "More" magazine for women 40 +. It too inspires me. I like to browse magazines with book reviews while I'm at the book store.

Clare

Hello!

I recently got my own place, so the magazines I receive are: Architectural Digest, Elle Decor and Domino. :)

Reason, Rolling Stone, Time, Newsweek, Veg News, The Onion (more of a paper but the funniest thing in the world).

Carolyn

I read Read Simple, Shape and Body and Soul. I'm thinking I'm going to let Body and Soul lapse. I somehow just received a one-year subscription to Health (not sure where it came from, but as long as I didn't have to pay for it). I have to say I like Health. I think I'm going to let the Shape lapse in favor of it, for a while.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.