Lurker Invitations Feb. Check-In

Shoegal-I have to confess to having a great collection of shoes. I think there are only two pairs that I paid full retail, all others on clearance. Designer shoes have skyrocketed in the past two years. I have only bout one pair of high end shoes in the past two years and had to pay full retail as I knew they would not be on sale any year soon. (Something Blue from SATC). I don't foresee any knew shoes either in the next year or two! I was not blessed with long legs, thick lustrous hair, or a cellulite free figure, however I do have great feet. Even DH says my feet were meant to have pretty shoes :) Of course the man is ignorant as to what they cost him since he never sees credit card bills, he only pays them. Times are tough right now so I will not see new shoes for a few years but I have enough classics to get my through any occasion!

BTW, I wear a 7-7.5 and if the shoe is gorgeous, on clearance and only available in a size 6.5, I will take, have it stretched at the cobbler and hope for the best!
Booboo

Hooray, finished my 1RM testing for M1 W1 D2 :) I would like to do the D3 which is legs tomorrow but I have to go out and get a weighted vest:( Gonna be hard to explain that purchase to DH especially due to our shrinking budget. But I don't have a squat rack and really don't want one.
BooBoo

Good Evening ladies,
Last night i did do LoMax (Step only premix) and Namaste yoga. Tonight i was planning on doing Jari Love but i don't think i'm in the mood for her so i may do Muscle endurance instead.

Claudia:I've been debating getting Chalean Extreme for a while. It seems that a lot of people find the workouts too short. If you don't like doing the compound moves can you lower the weight or maybe eliminate the squats and just focus on upper body or is the whole thing structured like that? I guess it's a different way of working out. If you don't like it, move on to something you like doing.

Shoegal: One of the reasons i did not bother getting STS was all of that 1rep Max testing! I know myself and i just wouldn't get around to it.:p Just buckle down and get it over with!

Janie: Glad to hear you are feeling better and enjoying STS, the snow and your hot tub! Thanks for all of your encouragement as well.

I'm finding it a little daunting to keep up with posting personal messages to everyone, everyday but i'm still thinking about the rest of you! Keep up the good work.

Hi Everyone,
So...didn't check in for awhile. Sunday turned into a rest day, my daughter is the lead in her 2nd grade play and has still been fighting that awful cold so the teacher wanted her to lay low. I hung out with her while her sister hit the blacks on the mountain!

Monday I taught my class, did a whole body weight lifting class....almost killed a new girl. Scared me to death, she stopped doing reps, got real pale and sweaty, she was a big girl just starting to get back in shape. I asked her if she was o.k. and she said she was dizzy. I made her take her heart rate & it was over 200!!! Yikes. Made her walk around until her heart rate dropped back down. Very scary..

I walk/ran on the treadmill before class for 45 minutes. I really suck at running I just don't get into the flow of it, but I would like to be able to be better at it...

Today taught a great Pilates class on a stability ball. It was lots of fun and went for a snow shoe with a friend in the James Peak Wilderness.

Shadowpup: Wow I love seeing moose, it is very rare around here. They are such powerful creatures.

Good Work outs everyone and I hear ya'll on the eating. I have been terrible, far worse that usual, eating stuff I don't normally even eat like potato chips & fries!:eek::eek:

Ironlady, so to be honest I am waiting to see if I get an annual gift from my family, since things aren't what they used to be I am not sure if I will get it. Without it I will be unable to get STS!::(:( It is very expensive along with the other equipment purchases I would need to make. Such as the squat rack and other things....I am already feeling a little guilty about spending the money even if I do get the check...things are really tough for us right now financially.

So I am keeping my fingers crossed that I can get it. Just wanted to let you know my status on STS.....would love to do it with you!

We finished STS and it was great.

Elle, you don't have to post everyday. We are here when you want to be. No one expects an everyday occurrence. I'd rather you post a little and see you more often, than think you have to post a lot and you leave. I would miss an opportunity to learn and get inspired by you as well. So, my advice is; post when you like, it will be great to hear from you anytime.

That goes for anyone here as well.

Laura, I've been very lucky when it comes to the equipment to workout. I've been collecting them for a very long time and was able to. I do understand the frustration though because it took me a long time to get all these things. Birthdays, Christmas, just because, anniversaries... I bet the lady experience was frightening for you. You did the right thing. Tell her she needs to go a little slower next time around.

Booboo, Yeah! Your done with the 1RM's. Good for you. I have a weighted vest and use it all the time. You won't be sorry. You and shoe gal too. Well, I'm looking forward to you and shoegal on the kinds of shoes you wear. Nothing wrong with clearance shoes, saves on money.

Talk later, got to go.

Janie

Last edited:
Testing . . . 1 - 2 - 3 - 4

Elle - am actually trying to test for STS - thanks for the pep talk - so far I've done 3 tests - and I'm afraid I'm not actually doing this right - too little weight - I have done 28 reps of one exercise. Not good. Will have to do that again. Oh well. I am afraid I can't do this in place of actually exercising if you know what I mean - I feel like I haven't if I don't pop in a DVD - force of habit I think.

BooBoo - if you've got great feet - then you've got everything in my book!!!! And you obviously need to dress those babies up!! You should write off shoes as "necessities" - since they are - use that as a line item on your budget and explain that it is a feminine item. Not a lie. If you find a marked down designer shoe in a 8 1/2 - contact me.

Shoe report: naked feet. They are cold too.

A quick report while doing 1 Rep Max testing. I finally figured out what the whole star business is about - I think I'm good now.

Have a nice night.

Shoegal, how many pairs of shoes do you think you own? Before retirement I think I owned about 20 pairs. That was a lot for me, and you know what, I wore them all. Each with different outfits. I had many more outfits than shoes though.

How far are you on the 1rm's?

Take care,

Janie

Allright gals,
I bought a weighted vest and oy vey!! It was far more than the budget allows, if DH finds out you will be reading about the "angry husband buries wife in shallow grave wearing a weighted vest and beautiful stilettos." So if I suddenly disappear from this board, please call San Diego police :) :)
I went to a site suggested by another member here and the vest was on sale and it seems to be a good quality piece that I can wear out doors made from a fabric to help keep you cool, it is adjustable in weight, and its short just to about the ribs. The shipping was free no sales tax either. Of course I plan to use it for STS but I can also use it while I am out walking my girls, LuLu (little white poodle) and Olive Oyle (high strung tiny black chihuahua). Did I mention its washable. Lord, can you tell that I am trying ever so hard to justify the price! I hope it arrives by next Tuesday or Wednesday as I should be doing the first week of STS legs on one of those days. Well gotta run, have to pour the wine make some decadent snacks and watch Biggest Loser and OC Housewives. Just wish I had Janie's hot tub though!
Good night,
Booboo

I ended up doing Jari Love Ripped and Chiseled. I really liked this one and that Gaylene is pretty inspiring! She's 57 and gorgeous and fit! Very inspiring.

Thanks for your kind words Janie. I have found the check-in to be very helpful in keeping me motivated so i'm planning on sticking around although now that we've grown quite a bit i might not be able to give everyone a personal shout out. I'm still enjoying getting to know everyone and their shoes.

Booboo: Enjoy your vest! If you will get a lot of use out of it and it makes you happy then that justifies the cost.;)

Laura: Remember, STS will still be there when you are able to afford it. I know there is a lot of excitement on the forums with everyone starting and it being so new so i can totally understand you wanting it now. I think you can pay in installments as well since i'm sure many people are having a tough time financially these days.

Shoegal: Hi five to you on tackling the 1RM testing!

Good morning everyone,

Will be doing cardio today. But first my hubby and I need to fight the snow and go food shopping.

Elle, Gaylene is very inspiring. She looks so lovely and healthy. I am 57 wished I looked like that. Although, I leave my hair grey, other than that I'm in rather good shape as well. It sure makes a difference when you work out and try to eat healthy.

Booboo, You are too funny!lol I bought Cathe's vest and I found a 20 pound one in the second hand store for $5.00. What a bargain that was! So I'm ready when ever Cathe is.

Janie
4760884_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Good morning ladies,
well I previewed Legs M1 W1 D3, after my OC Housewives show. Glad I did because I will be doing that with no weights until my vest arrives. I probably, well actually definitely, will not be able to keep up with cathe even sans weights. But I probably have a full week or longer to do legs a couple of times just to break the legs in.

elle-p: Now that I have my STS, Chalene style workouts just aren't doing it for me. I cannot get myself motivated to do it. I want to look forward to it like I do with STS. Oh what to do!!

Janie-awesome buy on that weighted vest. I was at the second hand store about a year ago and I saw a brand new in the box Boso, the full size one for $10.00. Well my darn cell phone rang, I got distracted, was bumpin' my gums a mile a minute and left the store. Later that day I remembered went back to the thrift store and it was gone :( So I yelled at DH, gave him so much grief for calling me on my cell phone that he finally told me to go out and buy one just to shut me up. I know how to work him, he hates to be nagged.

Shoe-gal- Hang in there with those 1RM testinga. I am still doing em' also. I am barely getting into week 2 of M1 but I am hanging in there. As you get further along through the DVD's it seems we'll be able to get through them quicker than the first ones since many of the exercises have already been tested for, correct ladies?

Have a blessed day,
Booboo

Last night I did Rhythmic Step! LOVE THAT ONE!! Burned 550 cals TOO WHOOP WHOOP!!!!:p

Tonight is MM again, than maybe some cardio----30 min MAX.

Janie-What's the cardio plan??

Elle- Gaylene is very inspiring!

Shoegal- Good luck with the 1RM's. Your poor feet...NAKED!!!;)

Laura--- Scaring the newbies away! That's funny.

Later Gater!

HEY to everyone else!

Check In Wednesday

Hey out there -

Well - I've been in a super boring meeting half the day and didn't get to check in with everyone.

Shoe report - well, let's see I'm wearing black, pointy toe slingbacks with a kitten heel and white stitching. They are cute but not favorites - perhaps it is that they don't have enough height.

Did alot of 1 Rep Max testing - well - I don't know - "a lot" - perhaps is overstating what I did. Pretty much all 4 to 5 star exercises for M1 D1 - so a good start I think. I sure did make a mess!!! I put in MM and did the express version - I like that "express" meant 53 minutes - so almost an hour - I was happy with that.

Came out of my room to find all the lights in the house off and my DH in bed. He was sick, he claimed - even stayed home from work today. I'm afraid he is a little too dramatic when he's sick. STayed home for a cough! Just a cough - perhaps I'm too hard on him.

Janie - I have not actually counted but I own in the neighborhood of 100 pairs - including boots - I find you can't have enough shoes. You need variety and you need options - you need colors and varying heel heights - and what about accomodating the seasons??? How does a woman survive without multiple (and I do mean MULTIPLE) pairs of shoes!!!!

BooBoo - What is up with the weighted vest??? You sounded as if this was "NEEDED" - is this really needed??? What are the applications for this peice of equipment. I'm not on board with the squat rack either - do I need this? Someone please explain. Also - you've got me looking for clearance Jimmy Choos - I figure I deserve at least one high end designer pair. Right??!?!?!

Tistot & BooBoo & Elle - and Everyone - thanks for the 1Rep Max encouragement - believe me - I can really use it. I'd hate to report to everyone that I'm a sloth and haven't done crap.

Hope everyone has a great day - tonight is wine & cheese - hopefully I'll be able to control myself.

just checking in....

Hey all!

Did my scheduled workout a day late.... HST cardio only, twice! Fun!! :p PUB tomorrow and PLB Sat. HSC Friday. Really trying to get back to 5-6 a week.

Laura, I understand things being financially short.... didn't mean to pressure you :) I'm sure I'll do the series again and maybe Janie could do it with us when you are able to make the purchase :D If you feel you can get it then we will start as planned! k?

Shoe-gal.... You remind me of my daughter. She has so many pairs! I have enough and would have more :p

Hope everyone has a great night!

Shoe-gal,
There were many posts regarding the weighted vest. The jist of it being that if you didn't have a squat rack, it would be really difficult to hoist over head the poundage necessary for some of the squats. I guess that will come in the later mesocycle, I think the strength one. The vest was on sale so I am SAAAAAAAVING DH money :) He doesn't seem to understand this logic not even after 20 years. Ok, clearance designer shoes, during the first half of December, most of the high end shoes were 40% off a Nordies. I happened to mention this to my shoe gal over at Neimans and she said they would match that. Blahniks, Louboutins, Choo's the whole shebang! Also try the Nordstrom rack although it is hard to score there because you are always in competition with the people who won't get a real jobs and buy everything designer there and resell on Ebay.

Todays shoe report-comfortable yet cute black rockport loafers.

BTW-the weighted vest I can wear walking the dogs, around the house, to and from my clothesline when doing laundry, hell, maybe even to bed :) So that still doesn't count as a need?? If I didn't purchase it then it would bring on much tension and anxiety thus exacerbating my TMJ which would lead to neck tension, migraine headaches, and general crotchiness. Which would then require a massage to help relieve some of these issues. Two massages would equal the price of my vest. So there fully justified!

Good night
Booboo

Hi Everyone,
I got home late after teaching yoga so i decided to do just basic step and Namaste yoga.

Booboo: I would say if you really aren't into the Chalean thing don't try and force it. You can't like everything right?

Tracy: Rythmic Step & Muscle max are on my list of to-buy workouts although i'm trying to hold off on adding any more to my collection right now in an effort to use what i already have. RS seems to be a clasic fave with everyone in Catheland.

Janie:How did your cardio workout go?

Shout outs to everyone else! keep up the good work!

Good Mornin'

Last nights w/o went good! (MM and Step only from C&W's) I upped my weights on a few things! YESSSSSS!!!

I am on this 30 day challenge with myself to eat ONLY 1500 cals. I'm on day 4. (HAHA) I always go astray on the weekends and over indulge! NOT DOING IT FOR 30 DAYS, hopefully forever actually! I feel like I work out too hard durring the week and want my body to actually show my work, explicitly!

This weekend is already going to be a challenge.... I have a wedding to attend! NO CAKE.....SMALL PORTIONS......3 DRINKS MAX.....alll with in my 1500 cals of course!!!

There are always challenges!!!!

Anyway....

Elle--- Rhythmic step is great! One of my absolute loves....makes me smile just thinking about it! (oh, I am a DORK!!!) MM is my fave total body w/o too.

BooBoo--- I love the justification!!! Your awesome!!

IronLady---Sounds like a great line up! PUB and PLB!!

Janie-- How was food shopping?? Make it out and back safe???

Shoegal-- Can't wait for the shoe report! I feel lame compared to you... I thought my shoes were cool... I've never even heard of some of the high end brands you talk about....Thats what living in rural areas get ya... :p! I still love my nine west collection!

Check In - Thursday

Hey you guys -

Shoe report: Today - I have on Funky Monkeys - blue and brown plaid - they have a belted look around the toe. Who knew I would have a ton of outfits to wear these with. I think there should be more shoes with patterns and multiple colors.

Last night I did Rhythmic Step - everyone on here was doing it - I thought I'd jump on the bandwagon. Good workout - afterwards I did the ab portion of Leaner legs. It was short but I didn't have much time left - wine and cheese was about to start. 9 PM sharp. As I feared - too much cheese!! I usually avoid cheese on most things - I give in here. Do really like cheese but I find that if I eliminate it on sandwiches or salads - basically everywhere I don't even really miss it. (except for pizza - for obvious reasons) I suppose I get a little taste of it on wine and cheese nights and can't stop myself.

Tlstot - Talk about a challenge! I don't think I could do your diet - sounds HARD!!! I'm just like you though - usually I can go all week long and I eat pretty well - I usually have the same things and I never have any junk - but the weekend comes and I shoot it all to hell. But I know YOU can do it!!!! Nine west shoes are great - don't be all down on them. I like shopping on line too for shoes - you can get cool and different pairs that you don't see in stores. I live rurually too. I actually live in a converted Boy Scout camp. Our house (my DH and I) used to be the "Dining Hall" - It had all of these old wagon wheel chandeliers - (got rid of all of them, thankfully).

BooBoo - Ok - read back about weighted vests - I saw everyone talking about it - all these threads but didn't really pay any attention - hell, they weren't talking about shoes. I didn't realize they were so expensive. But just imagine the money you saved on healthcare!!

I have a set of girls too - 2 German Shorthaired Pointers - we do not hunt them . (That is the usual next question) They are super sweet. I walk in and see them and call out: My Girls, My Girls, My Girls. Except Dot can be a massive pain the backside sometimes.

Well - that is all I have to report - I had already decided that I was doing Muscle Endurance tonight. By the way - does anyone know what this "PowerMax" workout is??? In "Ask Cathe" someone said they would like a PowerMax II - I thought - hey, I don't have that one - went looking for it and couldn't find anything called PowerMax. I do have "power hour" could that be what they meant??

Signing off - Hello to everybody out there.:D

Good Afternoon,

Finished STS Wk1 disk 4 back and triceps. Lordy!

My cardio yesterday was with Christy Taylor, Mission Possible.

Shoegal, your shoes look fabulous! Sounds like you enjoyed your wine and cheese outing. You have to enjoy yourself sometimes. Your German shorthair Pointers sound like great animals. Power Max is a step up cardio and Power Hour as you no is weight training.

Tracy Lynn, Great workout yesterday! 30 day challenge sounds like a great plan. Food shopping was great, went to Costco and filled up on vegies and fruit and lean protein.

Elle, I need to do a basic step and Namaste yoga. I did Christy Taylor Mission Possible. Good workout for me yesterday.

Booboo, Your shoes look fun and comfortable. Great job on justifying the weighted vest.

Talk again tomorrow, have great evenings everyone,

Janie
4760884_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.