Lower body Trisets

Cupcake

Cathlete
Hi Cathe,

I just did the LB Trisets on Sunday and I've been hobbling around the house for 2 days! I think you tried to kill me. :eek:
I haven't had DOMS like this in a long time. I dont think they can even be called delayed!
I need a sub for the single leg squat where you use 5 lbs and cross them over...
I tried the modification and still cant do them. Is there a good move to bridge to that exercise or maybe any that you would think would be a good sub?

Thanks for your time,
Rachel

I'd try it again, but have your step in front of you so you don't need to put the weight all the way on the ground... by squatting less deep you can perhaps avoid the DOMS and increase your strength slowly with the move. HTH

The first time I did this workout my butt hurt for 4 days! You should have seen me getting in and out of a chair (and sofa)...I moaned the entire time! LOL Needless to say I subjected my self to that workout a few more times after that and the DOMS was way better, only 1 day of moaning:)

I couldn't move for 2 days!

I never had DOMS that bad. LOL. I'm too scared to repeat it! I planned on doing it on my days off and now I'm seriously procrastinating. So it is normal to get them that bad!

Liz, it is Total Body Tri-sets in the Low Impact Series. Two workouts in one. The Upper Body workout is great, too!

Just did this last night. Expecting to feel it shortly. I have a love/hate relationship with this DVD. The moves are all a bit too fast for me and it hurts my knees, so that's the hate part. I love the lower weights, the variety and the uniqueness of the moves, however. And it's both a quick and effective workout. Maybe I need to do it more often.

I never had DOMS that bad. LOL. I'm too scared to repeat it! I planned on doing it on my days off and now I'm seriously procrastinating. So it is normal to get them that bad!

Love love love this one! :D The DOMS aren't quite as bad each time you do it...although I have to admit I still feel it when I do this one and I have a pretty strong lower body these days! :eek:

Hi Rachel!

You can modify this move by either placing a raised platform in front of you (to shorten the distance to reach down) or a raised platform behind you (to anchor the toe of your elevated foot) so that you have a bit more support/balance while reaching down far. The further down you go the more glute work involved so keep that in mind with your option choices.

Good Luck and remember the DOMS is never as bad as the first time doing the workout (as long as you don't wait weeks to try it again).

Hi Cathe,

I just did the LB Trisets on Sunday and I've been hobbling around the house for 2 days! I think you tried to kill me. :eek:
I haven't had DOMS like this in a long time. I dont think they can even be called delayed!
I need a sub for the single leg squat where you use 5 lbs and cross them over...
I tried the modification and still cant do them. Is there a good move to bridge to that exercise or maybe any that you would think would be a good sub?

Thanks for your time,
Rachel

Thank You!!!

I tried the raised platform in front and it made a huge difference! I finished the workout and I can tell the DOMS wont be as bad this time around! BCAAs in the house :D
I like this workout because aside from the move with the lateral lunges it is the only one that has the moves either forward or back and helps with recovering from my right hip flexor being too tight. It's very time efficient too!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.