Lower Body/Aug rotation (6 AUG)

run4fun

Cathlete
Hi Ladies!

How is everyone today? It was PS L&A and a 3 mile run for me last night. Today is a longer run for me and the weight work and abs from C&W since that is what is on the schedule for the rotation. I need more cardio than is on there, but I will definetely see results with all the leg and ab work.

Have a great day!

Beverly

Good Morning......I ran short on time yesterday, so I did L&G's instead of PS legs, plus my 20 minute walk/run. I did intervals, and I had my incline set at 5 or 6% the whole time. I might add PS abs to my C&W's today. I really like the C&W workout, I am looking forward to it. I think I have only done the entire workout 1-2 times. I use the premixes more than the actual workouts!!!!

Diana- I started counting my points on Monday also. Good Luck!!!
Lori

Happy Friday everyone!

I did Cardio & Weights this morning, couldn't do those pyramid plank pushups, so I just did basic pushups. I hate doing pushups - it is the one exercise I have trouble doing. Excellent workout though this morning.

Good morning everybody.

It is beautiful here in Annapolis. Feels like Fall.:7 I can't wait for summer to end.

I did Cardio & Weights this morning. It was a good solid workout. Tomorrow is KPC, since I don't have cardio kicks and then yoga on Sunday.

I am loving this rotation, but I have a question though. Do you think you can get as good of a workout from doing bits and pieces of several workouts than from doing 1 (like C&W or BootCamp) straight through?

I measure on Sunday, so we'll see how things go. I have been eating pretty cleanly (okay - confession I had 2 donut holes this morning x( ) - but really, for the most part I've been good. Hopefully if I can buckle down on the eating, this rotation will melt the fat off the legs and caboose.

Hope everyone's weekend is terrific.
Shopgirl :)

Morning Ladies,

You guys are on the ball, good! I had a great workout last night too. And today is a scheduled rest day YEAH! Have a great day.

Trese~

I was so dreading PS Legs last nite, but it wasn't to bad. I probably needed to up my weights a bit..
But I got my 2 mile run in afterward. Looking forward to C&W tonite. It is a super fun workout!
Lynne

I did TaeBo this morning and the stability abs from KP&C. I'm very proud of myself because I finally did my first pike. HOORAY!

My my a** is so sore today I can't begin to tell you. I did 100 walking lunges after PS legs yesterday and I am dying. I guess that's a good thing.

Have a great weekend everyone.

UGH x( I just totally blew my diet at lunch. My boss took me out for pizza and I had 2 big slices of white pizza.

I'm so mad at myself. }( All that hard work and I just added another layer of fat onto my legs.

Don't you just hate it when you sabotage yourself.

- Shopgirl

Hello Friday,

I did PS Legs and Abs this morning. I definitely feel like like I need to increase the weight. But after reading the freestyle book my decision is to go no higher that 50lbs for any leg wts. This morning I only used 40. With all the leg work in store for us this month, going lighter will probably be okay.

Beverly you are not alone, I definitely need a lot more cardio than what is listed on this rotation. Due to feet problems I pretty much gave up running a couple years ago, other than a few 10K's and 5K's a few times a year. Been getting my cardio on machines at the rec ctr. However, I've always wanted to run a marathon before I turn 40 which is September next year. Have you ran any marathons? I've ran a few 1/2 marathons and really like that distance. Took me about 2hrs and 10 min.

Lori-glad to hear I'm not alone counting points. I've done really good so far (okay 1 day wasn't that great) but other than that it should be a good week. I weigh in on Mondays-what day is your weigh in? Helps keep me honest and focused on the weekends.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Diana

Hi Ladies,

How is everyone. I am great. I just finished a 5 mile run. Felt great! I will do the weights and abs from C&W tonight.

Candi- I am not looking forward to those walking lunges. How are you feeling?

Shopgirl- The pizza sounds yummy. I know how it feels. My kids have been asking me to make cookies all week. Well, last night I did and blew my clean eating for the week. But they were soo good. I am back on track today..

got2bfit- I was debating on the amount of weight when doing PS legs last night too. I went lighter than I use to because of the freestyle book. I think we made the right decision. I have never ran a marathon. I have ran 4 half marathons. I like that distance. I ran the last one in 2 hr 2 min. I plan to run another half next month.

Have a great weekend ladies!!

Beverly

Just popping in to say that I completed the first week of this rotation and today is a rest day. I did take some measurements mid week and will try again at the end of the rotation. I'm not too strict with the eating, but keep it about 75-80% healthy. (I like ice cream in the summer!)

Hi, all!

I just finished Day One (I took a day off and some more moderate workout time after finishing the July Rotation on Tuesday)--whew! I substituted MIC warmup and hi-lo instead of the 20 minute run (it's cold this morning here in VT!) and then did Legs & Glutes. Can't seem to do weights before cardio--my legs get all kitty wompus on me. Do any of you do the same, cardio first?

Oh, well. Glad to hear that you're enjoying the rotation, too! Take care and have fun! :D

--Callie

I had to switch last nite & make it my rest nite. When my DH offered to go to a movie, I couldn't turn him down :) It was nice to spend some alone time together.
So, today I plan to pick up w/C&W!

Callie - Kitty Wompus - haha - too funny. I understand what you are saying but I have been pleasantly surprised that I have been able to do the cardio after the weights. You have to do what works for you though!
Lynne

Hi Ladies.....Well, I had some unexpected interupptions yesterday, and did not get my C&W's in, so that is on the agenda for today. I usually rest on Sundays, but tomorrow I will have to do a workout. My business has been going very strong, and I am just busy. Next week, hopefully, I will be a little better organized and not miss any workouts.

Diana- I had Chinese last night. I have NO idea how many Points it was, but I counted it as 20. I did not eat the rice, but I did have 2 Crab Ragoons. Other than that, it was veggies and meat. I could taste oil, I think. I don't know, I did the best I could.

Hope all is well!!!!!!!
Lori

Ok -
Since this is my first ever rotation..
What is the best thing to do if you miss a day? I didn't w/o last nite & today something has come up unexpectedly which will prevent me from having time tomorrow...
I know, we are only one week into this...
Anyway - should I try tomorrow to do C&W in the morning & then do today's exercises in the evening or should I just pick up tomorrow w/C&W & then continue on until I catch up?
Anyone know the best way to go?
Thanks
Lynne

Good Afternoon Ladies,

I decided to do The Gauntlet today. Cardio, Intervals and weights all in one workout, and it felt great-and so do I. I just bought a pilates dvd and thought I might try it tomorrow on our rest day.

Lori-It was just one meal. They give us plenty of flex points, although I try not to use them, they are there for reasons such as this. No harm done.

Hi Lynne-and welcome. I too am off a day from the schedule. It depends on what workout I missed, sometimes I just skip it and go on to the next days schedule or just continue with the w/o's being off a day. I missed the PS Legs and Abs and since I get my cardio at the rec ctr during lunch, I did PS L&A on Friday instead of Thursday. And now since I missed C&W, I did the Gauntlet which is a tough premix of IMAX 2, C&W, and ME. I have exercised everyday this week, so I don't feel to bad if the rotation wasn't followed to a "T". You have to do what works best for you.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Diana

Hi Everyone,

I would like to join this check-in. I have been doing the August rotation and a check-in may be the added incentive I need to keep on track.

I did PS Legs and Abs yesterday. I am not much of a runner, so I did 200 walking lunges in place of the run. I can feel it today!

I am on tap for Cardio and Weights today, but Diana may have tempted me to sub in the Gauntlet. I will also do Pilates today.

I hope everyone has a good Sunday and a good workout.

Linda

Diana- I have given up on counting Points. Do you know I hate dieting??? I think I eat better when I just try to eat healthy than counting or restricting.

I did do C&W's yesterday. I might do P90X cardio today, or KPC, w/ the ball work. I am not sure yet. I skipped church today. I just feel overloaded at home.
Lori

Hi! How are you all doing? Was it your rest day?

For me, since I didn't start the August rotation until yesterday, it was IMAX. It felt great at the time--now, I feel pooped. I shouldn't have stayed up so late last night.:D

I'm thinking of adding some cardio tomorrow before tackling ME; which Cathe workout do you suggest? Are there other vids you recommend? I have a bunch of non-Cathe (advanced) cardio workouts, so maybe one you suggest will work. It's supposed to be yukky tomorrow, so a run is definitely out of the question.

Take care and happy Sunday!

--Callie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.