Lower back strain...forced rest week

Connie07

Cathlete
I mentioned in another post how my lower back was irritated in meso 2 legs, well disc 18 Back & Biceps pushed me over the edge. Doing barbell rows I felt my lower back pull...dang it. I should have listend to the signals my body was sending, I was very tired, fighting a cold and simply did not feel like training but did anyway...stupid! Please understand I am not blaming STS for this injury, I blame ME, due to the above issues I was not paying a lot of attention to form. In my 20+ yrs of training I've had only 1 injury, now this! I used ice and ibuprophen over the weekend and my back is much better but I really think I need to take a break this week. I did some easy cardio yesterday and felt fine afterwards but I'll still not gonna hit the weights this week (I sure want to though!)

feel better soon

Sorry to hear you strained your back. Good for you for listening to your body and letting it heal. That's not always an easy thing to do. :(

Feel better Soon!

Connie this happened to me twice in the past few months. THe first time while shoveling my driveway and I wrenched something. The second time, moments before I was leaving for the airport. i was jsut leaning over my bag, not lifting, just leaning and low low back felt like it was being wrenched in two. Soooo painful.

Just take a rest, I found that Leslie sansone was a great cardio to do during this time and after a few days some core work helped, (roll-ins oddly enough)

Take care!

:(:(:(
IN the same boat here.

Strained my lower back mid-workout picking up my high step yesterday while doing Chest, Shoulders & Biceps... bummer!

Did Imax 2day, but kept my arm movements below shoulder level and I feel a bit better. Would hate to miss 2morrow's Back & Triceps... Generally, hate to be thrown off schedule!

Hope you feel better soon. :)

Chris.

I was nearly here after disk 15! Deadlifts just about did me in and left my lower back VERY sore for 2 days but it never quite turned to a full on pull. Feeling for you!

Connie
I hurt my back after doing disc 14 and I was out for the rest of the week. So listen to your body and return back to STS slowly. Be mindful of how much weight you are lifting especially doing deadlifts. I hope you feel better soon. The heating pad became my best friend.

Hey now I feel better knowing that im not the only one. I hurt my left arm when doing this last week. I still did the Friday workout but over the weekend could not lift my arm. I am taking a week off, feeling better but still cant lift my arm without pain. Will catch up later. Its so important to listen to your body. Today im feeling better and did Cardio run. Should be back and lifting in no time. I just overworked my left arm when doing reps until I couldnt do anymore. My left arm felt strong that day for some reason.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.